Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Linux Server - Download Links

headfog
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post
    That's a silly question. Of course it is really based off Epic code. Do you think Icculus is just making up the patch code?
    Do you think about things before you "open up your mouth" and mock people or is just plain cluelessness? Do you actually have an answer in your post? No, not really.

If Icculus is developing the server code for Epic *based* off their code, there could be server specific functionality he's incorporated -- such as compression for the redirect. If that is the case, then you could use the server binary to compress the files that are needed for the redirect. Or -- is his purpose only to port code to Linux. That role was never really made clear.

Slaughter
    Answer: Of course it is really based off of Epic code. And yes, he ports the code. But, perhaps for you I should have said, he's not going to make up compression code before Epic does.

headfog
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post
    Answer: Of course it is really based off of Epic code. And yes, he ports the code. But, perhaps for you I should have said, he's not going to make up compression code before Epic does.
    Social skills go a long way. Thanks for the lackluster clarification.

xtremexp
    Good job Epic for the Linux release !Now please release patch 1.2 so i can add custom thing to my gameserver without people getting connection errors (URL,...).

Smaz
    Just as a warning, this is being called a Beta still, because it's not been tested to a large extent yet. There are reports of people not being able to connect and players complaining of lag etc. when their pings are fine.

General.Jung
    Hello Forum,

this is a really great news. Is the performance better then in the Beta Demo?

Shogust
    Code:
    [root@localhost UT3Server]# ./UT3-linux-server-12172007.bin
    Segmentation fault
    Whats the problem?

-=GoW=-Dragon
    Quote Originally Posted by General.Jung View Post
    Hello Forum,

this is a really great news. Is the performance better then in the Beta Demo?
    Performance is better.

But the server crashes after half an hour playing like in Beta Demo server.

StoneCold
    Quote Originally Posted by -=GoW=-Dragon View Post
    Performance is better.

But the server crashes after half an hour playing like in Beta Demo server.
    i was hoping its solved, i pulled down my ut3 demo server after it just crashes unmanageably