Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DM-Elevation by warby released !

warby

DM-Elevation by warby released !

download:

http://warby.bitproll.de/filez/dm-elevation.zip

readme:

DM-Elevation

by soenke c "warby" seidel

install the map into the \UTGame\published\CookedPC\CustomMaps\ folder if this is your first
    ut3 custom map you install you will have to create it yourself.

this is my very first ut3 map.
    it mainly served me as a learning exercise for what has changes between unreal engine 2.x and 3.
    there are a couple of known issues.
    there are no custom meshes or textures in the level. all graphics assets in this map are made by epic and streamline.
    some of these meshes don't have perfectly none overlapping normalized lightmap-uvsets which leads to some
    ugly lighting artifacts most noticeable on the floor meshes on top of the castle.
    also the bots don't seam to use the aircontrol of the jump pads properly and often fall to their death.
    i am not a pro gamer myself so i am always very puzzled about what makes a good item placement layout
    for a "pro" ut-deathmatch map.
    yet i hope you will have fun with this map.

want more ?

www.warby.de

fuegerstef
    One word, 7 letters: A W E S O M E.

downloading.

alto
    Nice. How did you get such a good sunlight effect? I don't like the bloom overdose, though.

Party Boy
    If you are Warbeast you make beutiful crazy maps . . .

Downloading . . .

I'll been waiting for excelent custom content . . .

T@F
    Looks very nice

Btw where do you lot get these textures,as i`v had a little mess around with the ed and i have very little textures tbh.
    (btw i`m still a noob with the ed )

warby
    @party boy: i am

@t@f: in the generic browser just load all package from the environments folder with the same prefix and tell it to only display materials ... theres only 2 different bsp textures in this map though.

fuegerstef
    Quote Originally Posted by warby View Post
    @party boy: i am
    Thought so too, but secretly hoped for one mapper more bringing that kind of quality.

BlackFish
    Great use of making a map that looks like it's mainly meshes. My only suggestion is to rid the excess flak and thighpad spots and add a shield belt somewhere in there. Makes a good fun map however.

warby
    there is a shield belt but it is very well hidden and requires some trick jumping to get to

Xyx
    Looks fantastic! Great lighting!