Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UT3 PS3 Mod FAQ

Herby

UT3 PS3 Mod FAQ

It would be awesome if one the epic guys came in here and told us how to add the PS3 mods to the game. I have tried every folder combination possible. Including the "Published" one for the PC version. No mod is recognized by the game. The manual does not specify the folder configuration.
    In addition, the URL provided at the bottom of the "My Content" page does not work it is a dead link.
    http://udn.epicgames.com/PS3Mods/

Also the PC guys are asking if they have to cook there mods to support the PS3. I have been trying with the mods as is and nothing is recognized by the game.
    I would love to edit this post reflecting what we need to do to add mods to the PS3 version.

JoshAdams
    Hmm, sorry about the dead page. I'll get that looked into.

However, the PS3 mod tools aren't quite ready yet. We are working through some final legal/release issues.

When it's ready, you will need to download the latest PC patch and another PS3 Mod Tools "patch" that adds the full PS3 mod support to the PC version.

You will have to cook ypur mods for the PS3 specifically. You will also need removable media (memory card, USB drive, etc) to transfer the mod from your PC to your PS3.

We will have the tools ready ASAP!!

Josh

Herby
    Thanks for the reply, really appreciate it.

JoshAdams
    Okay, well the page is alive, but it just basically says to hold tight

KriLL3.8™
    JoshAdams: you forgot the animated under construction roadsign .gif

Blademask
    In other words... You guys are all liars, including Tanya Jessen.? http://blog.us.playstation.com/2007/...hchchchaanges/

Why not mention this to everyone who has been pre-ordering the game looking forward to creating custom content?

Why not mention this when the ENTIRE time people have been looking forward to do exactly what you SAID the game will do.

Pretty much, you guys are falsely advertising this product. I'll put you u p there with Bungie. Saying that HALO3 was 720p.

Seriously..

You guys have talked up this feature so much, yet you don't even implement in in the LAUNCH game? NOR do you inform everyone via a press release that you CANT do what YOU"VE SAID IT COULD DO.

Do I need to repeat this again?

Gladly passing this one onto IGN/Gamepro/1up/Gamespot.. because this kinda news is just great.

Good job lying to everyone!!

Cheers.

upL8N8
    Quote Originally Posted by Blademask View Post
    In other words... You guys are all liars, including Tanya Jessen.? http://blog.us.playstation.com/2007/...hchchchaanges/

Why not mention this to everyone who has been pre-ordering the game looking forward to creating custom content?

Why not mention this when the ENTIRE time people have been looking forward to do exactly what you SAID the game will do.

Pretty much, you guys are falsely advertising this product. I'll put you u p there with Bungie. Saying that HALO3 was 720p.

Seriously..

You guys have talked up this feature so much, yet you don't even implement in in the LAUNCH game? NOR do you inform everyone via a press release that you CANT do what YOU"VE SAID IT COULD DO.

Do I need to repeat this again?

Gladly passing this one onto IGN/Gamepro/1up/Gamespot.. because this kinda news is just great.

Good job lying to everyone!!

Cheers.
    To Mr. Drama Queen,

He said they're working out some issues. The game went live yesterday, calm down. Obviously, they've run into unforseen issues (as most programmers do), but at least a dev actually took the time to comment and make mention that they're working on the issues. Which is more than you can say for most developers.

At least give the poor team a week to work out the kinks.

campbullard
    I agree with blademask. What happened to releasing the game when it's finished?

Mysterial
    So you're proposing we delay the game's release indefinitely because lawyers couldn't work out the rules for releasing the mod tools fast enough?

Tmorgan71
    So, PS3 users won't be able to just download maps and mods from their PS3 ??? What if you don't own the UT3 PC version, then what ??