Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DM-Shaft

IdReaperbI

DM-Shaft

This is my first post(Yay!) and my first map for UT3. I'll upload pics in my next post, but for the mean time, a description and file:

The map has three levels, a basement/storage area, a generator/lift operation floor, and a bit of snowy terrain with slippery frozen water on top. The map is fairly tight, except for the top which is a bit larger. There is also a Stinger turret in the basment, but the basement has a lot of crap in it so you can't totally dominate with it.

Get it here-->(Updated)(Betav3) http://files.filefront.com/DM+Shaft+.../fileinfo.html

karmatized
    map music is fairly easy, ok first convert your music to a standard wav file, then inport into unreal.

a option pops up make sure you set to auto create cue file

click ok

now right click on the open space in the actor window and select to create new mapmusic

Once you do that, link your custom cue file to all the tracks for music types inside the map music properties

Then right click on the cue file and break the chain between atten and the speaker and add a looper in between and reconnect the chain.

now select the mapmusicinfo in actor browser that you created earlyer and set the world info to use that

If you want to use epic music its the same process except your not inporting your just linking to there music packages.

Btw im not a great teacher i hope this helps tho

IdReaperbI
    ^Thx for the help, Ill try that. Here are pics.

And I found that flip'n lighting problem on my sheet again. is there any way to make it unlit?

VACkillers
    wow that looks unreal.... great job dude

Jagnot
    ...I was making a map called Shaft! Lol, I better start thinking of a new name..

Nice pics, btw.

Rocknificent
    Looks pretty cool. A step away from all the dark brown grungy maps.

IdReaperbI
    C'mon guys gimme some help and map testing. I really don't want to move on before I polish up this map.

Jagnot
    I'll try it, give me a little bit.

FalseEmperor
    looks good. Will test in a moment

Jonny
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagnot View Post
    ...I was making a map called Shaft! Lol, I better start thinking of a new name..

Nice pics, btw.
    Call it "Weeh chikka woew shkka shkka shkka wow" like the Shaft intro music