Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mantas are completely imba. And map vehicle imbalance is STUPID

innociv

Mantas are completely imba. And map vehicle imbalance is STUPID

Seriously what the heck. It's just as bad as beta was.

We thought "Oh durr it's because the avril is far away. It's just the map" But almost ALL maps are like that.

And the biggest issue is that, why the hell does the Manta *HAVE* to be countered by a scorpion, avril, or 50/50 chance a tank, when all the other vehicles can pretty easily be killed with other weapons?

Tank I can kill with link gun or flak no problem.
    Raptor i can kill with stinger or shock rifle.
    Scorpion i can kill with flak, rockets, stinger, whatever.
    So on and so forth.

The manta.. It's pretty much impossible to kill with anything but another vehicle or an avril. And not only that, but the manta is the best at killing people next to the Nightshade, or just as good as the nightshade.

So, what the hell? Who thought this was a good idea?

At least in UT2004 you could shock rifle to push them away and dodge jump to avoid them. Both these things, the only defense there was against Mantas, is gone. Now I hated UT2004, but at least Mantas weren't so insanely overpowered then as they are now

There should be a defense against them, like being able to crouch so they can't roadkill you. Or make mantas explode instantly when someone tries to enter them. OR hell, just remove them from the game. They're just so extremely broken.

------
    Oh and no only this, what the heck is up with one team getting a nightshade, and the other not, on some maps?
    Like Avalanche
    Nightshade > Infinite number of Hellbenders.
    On Islander..
    Nightshade > 50 turrets.

Nightshade is the best vehicle in the game, by far. Hell, it's even better than Mantas most of the time. I've gotten just as many monster kills with the nightshade as I have with the Manta, but i've gotten wayy more godlikes and unstoppables with the nightshade, it just takes a little longer before i get my first monster kill with the nightshade since i have to wait for the people to come to me instead of going to them.

But I can fight Nightshades alot better than Mantas. It's just newbs amking easy kills with me in a Nightshade. Against Manta's theres often no denfese. I usually can't even weapons switch to a freaking avril fast enough to shoot one by the time i see it. Or with how fast they move the avril shoots into a damn wall.
    Mantas = broken.
    Unbalanced vehicle balance on a map isn't so bad, but it definitely is when one side gets a nightshade and the other doesn't.

Snky_Bstrd
    You're "imba". You're also newb and hax.

Silverado-CoA
    hammer beats mant, end of story....and its one of the most fun kills in the game

innociv
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverado-CoA View Post
    hammer beats mant, end of story....and its one of the most fun kills in the game
    Um wrong.
    It takes 2 hits to kill the manta. The Manta recovers and kills you faster than the firing delay on the impact hammer.

Lots of people try to say that. Would you like to 1vs1, you having an impact hammer, and I have a Manta?

TWO people with impact hammers against a Manta MAYBE. But 2vs1 only reinforces how imba it is.

Also take into account how Mantas sneak up on you and kill you from behind 75% of the time. you can't freaking hear them.

The sound distance in UT3 is just ass for everything.

thejinx
    Hitscan + Knockback = Shock Rifle. Right tool for the right job at longer range. Manta jockeys can't get close enough to splatter you. They ARE pretty frail, ya know. Just like hitting a guy with a shield belt, jump boots, and a link gun.

Reise
    If I know a Manta is coming for me it's usually very hard for them to kill me. Flak, Stinger or Shock Rifle are best to use while strafing their attacks. You just have to know how they move and how to exploit their crappy sideways/backwards maneuverability.

innociv
    Quote Originally Posted by thejinx View Post
    Hitscan + Knockback = Shock Rifle. Right tool for the right job at longer range. Manta jockeys can't get close enough to splatter you. They ARE pretty frail, ya know. Just like hitting a guy with a shield belt, jump boots, and a link gun.
    I've had people try this against me plenty of times. Uhm.. the push isn't nearly high enough to stop it.

Just like hitting a guy with a shield belt, jump boots, and a link gun.
    And "speed boots" and "armor of insta-killing thorns". That'd put into perspective how a Manta is well, yes, and why they're so overpowered.

The only RELIABLE way I've found to kill them is with the shock rifle or flak, AND jump boots. But it shouldn't REQUIRE jumpboots. Jumpboots are way less plentiful and harder to get to than mantas.

Killerus
    mantas are easy to take down on foot. Impact hammer is the best IMO. Yes it takes 2 hits for a full health manta, but 99% of the time mantas already have damage to them.

Quit running in a straight line and start looking around more and you will be surpised how much longer you live.

innociv
    Quote Originally Posted by Killerus View Post
    Quit running in a straight line and start looking around more and you will be surpised how much longer you live.
    Maps aren't flat.

thejinx
    Quote Originally Posted by innociv View Post
    Jumpboots are way less plentiful and harder to get to than mantas.
    So get another manta.