Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick texture question. . .

Rasheikbo

Quick texture question. . .

Hi everyone-
    I've mapped with UnrealEd for some time now and am eager to get my hands on the new iteration. But for one reason or another, I cannot figure out how to apply a texture to a wall. Go figure; I guess I'm used to the add texture button for UT2k4.
    Any ideas?

SmokeRingHalo
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasheikbo View Post
    Hi everyone-
    I've mapped with UnrealEd for some time now and am eager to get my hands on the new iteration. But for one reason or another, I cannot figure out how to apply a texture to a wall. Go figure; I guess I'm used to the add texture button for UT2k4.
    Any ideas?
    I'm having the same problem for the same reason. I'm embarrassed to say that I can't even apply a texture to a simple cube subtraction in the new editor. I've tried everything that I can think of but the old easy methods simply aren't working and I have nothing but NULL material references.
    I find it ironic that I can get my custom static meshes into the editor with no problems but can't even apply a texture to a surface.

Cenobite
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeRingHalo View Post
    I'm having the same problem for the same reason. I'm embarrassed to say that I can't even apply a texture to a simple cube subtraction in the new editor. I've tried everything that I can think of but the old easy methods simply aren't working and I have nothing but NULL material references.
    I find it ironic that I can get my custom static meshes into the editor with no problems but can't even apply a texture to a surface.
    You have to use Materials now.

[404]Cham3l3on
    Hey same here.

Cenobite, can you elaborate on the process? I feel I have exhausted things to try .

Rasheikbo
    Alright, sweet. Any ideas on how I can use said materials? My mind reading skills are not up to par.

Cenobite
    Alright, sweet. Any ideas on how I can use said materials?
    Open up Environments package then open whatever is in that package, check box for material and pick.

Material textures have green boarder around them.

Rasheikbo
    Thanks. I kind of feel like an idiot now, but at least I can move forward.

SmokeRingHalo
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenobite View Post
    Open up Environments package then open whatever is in that package, check box for material and pick.

Material textures have green boarder around them.
    I just figured it out (materials) and came back to post on it but see that Cenobite had it covered. Thanks for the quick reply though Cenobite!

SmokeRingHalo
    Thanks. I kind of feel like an idiot now, but at least I can move forward.
    Yeah I know how you feel, but in our defense textures & materials were all placed together in the same TEXTURE browser previously so it was a tad misleading. Good luck mapping!

Cenobite
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeRingHalo View Post
    Yeah I know how you feel, but in our defense textures & materials were all placed together in the same TEXTURE browser previously so it was a tad misleading. Good luck mapping!
    Hey, it may be the only thing I know so far. Im a noob myself with the new editor...we have a lot to learn.