Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Nvidia driver for the retail version?

thaDAWG

Which Nvidia driver for the retail version?

I've been running the demo with the 163.71 but see where Nvidia has the 163.75 available now, yet Evga has the 169.09 as the most up to date on their site. Since the Nivida driver is WHQL I'm assuming the Evga drv. might be a beta.

Be curious to see what others are using.

bclagge
    It's at nVidia's website as a beta.

KriLL3.8™
    Which means it's new enough not to have gone through microsoft's review cycle yet, the vast majority of "beta" drivers are perfectly fine and get signed by m$ after a few weeks.

isp_of_doom
    why does microsoft do that?

KriLL3.8™
    Why not?

DeusGear
    Use the beta one, there's no point in waiting for WHQL.

Kematian
    Quote Originally Posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
    Why not?
    agreed, we should accept all decisions made by microsoft since its one of the greatest and most trustworthy companys of our time...

LOL!

KriLL3.8™
    Kematian: they aren't, but they know what works well with their OS (it's closed source, ofc only they know) but yes as DeusGear said it's pointless to wait for WHQL, I haven't had issues with beta drivers in a long time, and when I did I just reverted one beta/WHQL build back.

Nirvelli
    Quote Originally Posted by isp_of_doom View Post
    why does microsoft do that?
    It's so that they have a legitimate excuse when Apple fanbois start whining about "oh my mikrosofts windoze drivars are broken."
    Because then Microsoft can say, "hey, we didn't approve those drivers, now shut up and quit yer complaining."

KriLL3.8™
    Nirvelli: actually Apple only have to deal with very few combinations of hardware, Microsoft has to deal with a combination of hardware longer than all your limbs and going far out of sight, it is a legitimate reason.