Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UT Screenshots No Longer Work!?!?

[LX7][Dezoris]

UT Screenshots No Longer Work!?!?

Ok, this is freaky. Every screenshot I've taken in UT2004 have been completely BLACK, empty images ever since I installed the UT3 demo. I hadn't noticed, b/c I'll usually grab a few shots here and there, but forget to look at them till a later date. Well, today was that day and every shot taken since 10/17/07 has been pure black! The are still 1024x768 and roughly 2.2 MB, but he picture simply isn't there.

Has anyone else experienced this? Or could you try and replicate the situation? I'm not sure if it's my computer, or perhaps something with the UT3 demo. I can't imagine how, but all I know is this problem has never existed before, and I haven't modified a thing in 2k4 for months.

Dammit...and there were some good screens in there.

bobobo
    I just took some screenshots in ut2004 and it still works fine. So it is probably a problem with your computer. Or maybe I just got lucky and mine still works

headfog
    Video driver. I'm guessing you're using a 8000 series card?

bobobo
    Says in his sig he is using a 6800 GS. I don't think that the drivers could cause that problem though.

L'enculeur
    That already happened to me. The problem seems to come and leave. I think it's because of diffrence video card's driver. Only on Vista though. It never happened to me in WinXP and it's not every game. Like now I think it's only FEAR who do that black screen bug and .mov videos. Strange... I know.

[LX7][Dezoris]
    That's insane. I've never had a single problem with this machine. My entire personal and professional life is on this thing and it is always spotless. Nothing updated beyond the UT3 demo installation and updated nVidia drivers, so hopefully that isolates the problem. I'll try running some other tests when I get the time.
    Any other comments/suggestions are welcome.

Rhykker
    I got the same problem. It think it started once I updated my Nvidea driver to make UT3 work properly.

UnWheelModeller
    Same for me, and started with the UT3/Nvidia 163. driver.

blackout
    I doubt UT3 is scanning your harddisk for UT2 screenshots and overrides them with black pixels. I also doubt it corrups the JPEG algorithm.

KewlAzMe
    Quote Originally Posted by blackout View Post
    I doubt UT3 is scanning your harddisk for UT2 screenshots and overrides them with black pixels. I also doubt it corrups the JPEG algorithm.
    Don't doubt the power of Mark "Epic" Rein!!!!