intel pentium D duel core 3.2 GHZ
    2048 MB DDR2
    NVIDEA Geforce 6200
    400 gb of free hd space

my graphics look like doom 1 no matter what i change the settings to

please help

3Deeing
    Minimum = Can't Go Lower

If he can still play, he has no grounds upon which he can complain.

Do like my brother, who just built a new PC, going from an old AMD to a new Core 2 Duo, and from a 5950 to an 8600.

New games need new hardware, hence Gears of War isn't on the original Xbox.

I have a spare 3800x2 /6200 TC PC, and I only use it for rendering stuff (as 3d rendering doesn't use the GPU). I have tried to play Unreal Tournament 2004 (it runs OK on there), and also tried Goldeneye: Source (HL2 mod), however, it barely played it at 20-30fps at 800x600.

deadoon

wow NICE

this new engine is alot less cpu intensive i am upgrading soon but this is my current rig straight from xfire profiles and i run 30 fps on texture and world detail 2 and some setting at none

efficient engine = better for low end comps = more players = great game

Manufacturer:
    Custom
    Processor:
    Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.60GHz
    Memory:
    1024MB RAM
    Hard Drive:
    61 GB
    Video Card:
    RADEON 9800 SERIES
    Monitor:
    Plug and Play Monitor
    Sound Card:
    Creative Sound Blaster PCI
    Operating System:
    Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)

frame rate of 30 is great with this old of a computer

literally no jokes

ford442
    i have the same issue i think - everything looks blocky,,

AMD XP 3200+ (32bit)
    2 gigs PC3200
    GeForce 6800 GT
    Asus A7N9X-E DLX
    XP Home SP2

newest nvidia drivers i'm pretty sure..

embreed
    Well, after reading the actual helpful, non-retarded replies in this thread, it has come to my conclusion that the BETA Demo has many problems. It seems as though some computers are not adapting to settings. If you refer to the first page, there is someone with an e6600 CPU and GeForce 8800 640mb graphic card and still having the same problem. That is only one example. Another example is my friends problem. He can not change the resolution rate. (For retards, 800x600 to 1024x740, EXAMPLE) On the other hand, I can change it to any resolution I want. Simply put, I believe this computer should still be able to play the game, have the graphics that all these "pros" claim to be playing at, but be a lot more choppy, not look as if I am going downtown Vegas tripping on acid. Thanks.

EDIT: Another example, right above this post. A decent computer, still same issue as this crappy computer.

To all of the retarded flamers that can't read:
    Okay... thanks for the flames. I would own almost 99% of you kids in computer parts/performance. As I freakin stated, this is a ****ing ****ty computer, I even used the term ****. Please ****ing read before you start flaming. I was stating that it is already ****ty. My actual computer at my own ****ing house would 99% own any of you retarded ***s. Please try to ****ing learn to read the whole thread.

"Once again, I know it's really ****ty... but I mean come on... look at that picture... that bad? Roflmao. If it's just my computer, that's fine I guess I gotta wait until I get to my own house, just want to see if it's this crappy ass comp. Thanks."

Can you see that? Are you blind?

Here is a link to my 3dMark06 results from my ACTUAL computer, if you doubt that my computer most likely 99% owns any of you retarded flamers that can't read.

Scaye
    Problem is I'm not seeing a common link. This may be something conflicting with Windows XP directly. Maybe an update or something that others didn't download. All my updates are current so could be that.

My Specs: 3200 64 AMD, 1 Gig Ram, 9800Pro, MSI MB VIA chipset, XP pro SP2 all updates.

embreed
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoudazo View Post
    If he can still play, he has no grounds upon which he can complain.
    Haha I just saw that... thats pretty ****ing funny. You must be retarded.

./thefinalcut
    Haha, don't feel bad man, mine looks just a bit better.

AMD Athlon64 3400
    1GB DDR-400 RAM
    Nvidia GeForce 7300GS

Wr3ck
    I think the problem your trying to fix is the pixelated look, no? I had the same problem. Please see this topic. http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=578855

embreed
    Well I posted the picture of my problem in the first page. Here it is again:

Does that match your problem?

And I checked my UTEngine, the screenpercent is already 100.000000