Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1UP previews UT 3 - Extra-vehicular activity

Sfred

1UP previews UT 3 - Extra-vehicular activity

wisdomWarrior
    Nice to see some more PR filtering through
    The game is sounding sweet

stephen_wq
    Since impact alt actually ejects the driver, does that mean i can land on top of a levi from a raptor, eject everyone and jump in?
    Im assuming you can still ride on the top of some vehicles...

Xyx
    Wow, that's... questionable. That'll take some getting used to.

I guess the gloves are off as far as antipersonnel vehicle weapons are concerned. UT2004 weaponry used to not specifically target people, but now we have tanks with antipersonnel rounds, rollerballs that turn into blenders and tripods that create shockwaves.

happycat
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen_wq View Post
    Since impact alt actually ejects the driver, does that mean i can land on top of a levi from a raptor, eject everyone and jump in?
    Im assuming you can still ride on the top of some vehicles...
    If you can survive getting to the leviathan in the first place, sure.

But also, the vehicle is deactivated for 15 seconds, so before you can take the Leviathan you must fend off the five or six people you just ejected all on your own. And if you don't kill them all, they can just eject you once the vehicle is back online.

In short, it'd take an organized ambush to get one of those things via impact alt. In the case of the scorpion and manta and the smaller vehicles, it'll be easier because it's mano-a-mano, but not in the case of a six-man vehicle.

Xyx
    One guy with an impact hammer and one Goliath around the corner would smear that 5-man Leviathan crew over the walls.

†TYRANICK†™
    i dont like the sound of that hammer alt EMP thing idea, it doesn't make sense at all, it can completely elliminate the functionabilty and use of vehicles from a tactical Point Of View

I hope they dont add that, or at least make it an option to disable.

KriLL3.8™
    Errm, you need to be in melee range to use it, have you ever been in arms reach of a moving manta by choice?

Luseferous
    Thats the problem with the emp, you need to be able to actually survive long enough to get near the vehicle.

Your repertoire of attacks against vehicles is richer and more robust than before. You know
    Gives me hope though.

EntropicLqd
    ....so we're introducing the idea of respawner machinery. The whole idea is that wars aren't fought with giant armies; they're fought with elite guys who're essentially immortal. That makes respawners major strategic objectives, since if you destroy them, the enemy elite become mere mortals.".....
    They nicked that idea from Devastation.