View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Dodge Jump?

Sero
    Quote Originally Posted by noob.icon View Post
    if your happy dodge jump is gone, then im sorry to say that you're on the level where my grandma can beat you.
    So what about all the players that have had absolutely no trouble mastering this easy move and still think that a game would be much better off without it?

I used the dodge-jump because it was there and it was overpowered. After several years of competative play I'm pretty sure I can say that it has no secrets for me, but the day I found out that it would not be in UT3, I was very happy indeed.

Tagen
    I wish I could figure out how to turn off dodge jumping in UT2004 so I could figure out if I can do with out it....lol. Wanna get used to not using it.

I dont think it will bother me. Dodging is fine with me.

isp_of_doom
    lil bit sad about it going. as far as the UT99ers vs UT2k4ers goes.... meh. UT3 seems to be a nice balance (FWIS)

KriLL3.8™
    Remember that most say the UT3 movement is closer to UT than "UT2" (2003/2004) so I'd suggest trying UT to feel it out.

Insidiae
    Pro UT99 players (like myself, sans 'pro') will not miss your UT2004 dodge-jumping one bit, thank you very much. Leaving it out of UT3 has no impact on my play style at all; it seems you UT2k* fans are the ones that will be suffering. And rightly so for playing the inferior version of the game for so many years >XD

I seriously doubt it'll be like "walking in mud". I hear the movement speed will be like back in the old days (UT99), and I for one am just fine with that. Besides, I'm sure you'll be able to change game speed on- and off-line, just as you could in previous iterations of the game.

Straight dodging for the win!
    Couldn't agree more with you, I've played UT99 for a loooong time (and reached fair heights ) so I won't miss it either, as for UT2k4 I only do the normal dodge without the possible jump after it, so I understand they removed it again for ut3? Would very much like that since I always thought it sucked.. Never really liked ut2k4 because of it.

brdempsey69
    Quote Originally Posted by Sero View Post
    So what about all the players that have had absolutely no trouble mastering this easy move and still think that a game would be much better off without it?

I used the dodge-jump because it was there and it was overpowered. After several years of competative play I'm pretty sure I can say that it has no secrets for me, but the day I found out that it would not be in UT3, I was very happy indeed.
    Same here. I was able to do the moves and fly all over the place in UT2004. What dodge-jump did was decrease the number of in-your-face battles that were so prominent in the original UT and that really decreased the fun factor, for me. I'm glad UT3 is leaning more on face-to-face combat, and I believe once people have played it, and see that the physics of UT3 are far different from UT2004, they probably aren't going to miss dodge-jump all that much.

Molgan
    Quote Originally Posted by Tagen View Post
    I wish I could figure out how to turn off dodge jumping in UT2004 so I could figure out if I can do with out it....lol. Wanna get used to not using it.

I dont think it will bother me. Dodging is fine with me.
    You can use the Classic Movement mutator. It let you turn off dodge jumps without changing weapon behavior and stuff like the default utClassic mut does. Remember that to get a better feel for it the 2k4 maps need rescaling. Open up a map in ued, scale it to 75-80%, fix draw scale on anti portals and readjust lifts etc. If you don't know your way around ued DM-DE-Ironic works decent to test on.

brdempsey69
    ^^Not a bad idea, but a better idea might just be to play the original UT, assuming one has it.

KriLL3.8™
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    ^^Not a bad idea, but a better idea might just be to play the original UT, assuming one has it.
    Quote Originally Posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
    Remember that most say the UT3 movement is closer to UT than "UT2" (2003/2004) so I'd suggest trying UT to feel it out.

brdempsey69
    Quote Originally Posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
    Yes, I saw your earlier post, that's why I said "assuming one has it". Tagen may not have any way to get a copy of the game depending on where he's located, or have broadband access to download the UT demo .