Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Field of vision

UnsunGunner

Exclamation Field of vision

I don't know or remember if any previous Unreal's did this but as a avid quake I was just curious as to the question of will you be implementing anything that allows for the change of Field of vision? I personally feel this adds another level of custom play but some probably think otherwise, so I thought I'd ask.

Emmet Otter
    Are you reffering to DOF (Depth of Field)? Cause if so, I myself am curious about this. In some of the photos i've seen has DOF but I don't seem to notice this in the videos.

da ghost
    i've never heard of it being referred to as dop... always fov.

in all the PC unreal games out so far, you can change the fov by typing fov * into the console (like the cg_fov command for quake 3)

pboy
    Ive never heard dof referred to as dop :P

Also, in the UT2 games you could change your fov in the in-game settings screen. I can't imagine they would remove that ability for UT3 considering so many currently players use fov's other than the default.

You could also set it in the ini files.

plays_in_traffick
    i always have my fov at 110 so i have to use the ini's. I dont see a reason though why they would take that out for UT3. So many people use it...

Nietzsche
    180° for me!

plays_in_traffick
    Lol WOW...180? how can you see clearly? i guess is safe to assume you have a key or two bound to reduce that for long range? I was playing when you replied and just tried it. I feel like my eyes are looking outwards. *shakes head*

SL3V3N
    the symbol after the 180 means degree's. so i doubt he meant he had it set at 180, just that he can see that much

Taleweaver
    Quote Originally Posted by plays_in_traffick View Post
    Lol WOW...180? how can you see clearly? i guess is safe to assume you have a key or two bound to reduce that for long range? I was playing when you replied and just tried it. I feel like my eyes are looking outwards. *shakes head*
    Obvious, he has a wiiiiiiiiiide screen.

And how he sees clear? Well...you know, if you cook your monitor* in boiling oil for some minutes (in a special sac to prevent leaks) and give the result to a decent blacksmith, he can bent the thing so it becomes pretty much half a circle rather than a flat image. Perfect for gaming...

...if it wasn't that online, you're capped between (IIRC) 80 and 110. :-\

*a flatscreen; CRT's tend to break up at the back if you stretch them too much.

Netic
    Field Of View 110.