Calling all Unreal Tournament fans: Epic needs your help! We have a capture the flag map that needs a name, and we thought we’d turn to you for great ideas. We’ll start with an open call for name suggestions. We’ll give that until (9/10/07), then pick our favorite.
Here’s some tips on how we choose a name:
- It has to sound cool!
- The name must be of the form “CTF-Name”. Multi-word names should be capitalized, i.e., “CTF-FirstSecondThirdWord”.
- Don’t be silly with using names trademarked by someone else, immature stuff, etc.
- The name has to fit the mood. This level takes place in orbit around Omicron 6, the home of the sinister Necris. CTF-HappySunriseBunnyKisses is not appropriate.
- The name has to relate to the map closely, so that if someone says the map name you’ll know which one they mean. For example, a map with a big suspension bridge is called CTF-Suspense. The UT DM map with the deadly pressure chamber was called DM-Pressure. We’ve broken this rule sometimes, but it’s something we’re paying more attention to in UT3.
- For this map, the obvious hook is the gorgeous skybox with the star (Omicron) rising over the planet’s horizon.
To me it looks like the base is a part of that planet on the background that is falling apart and it also looks like the base (one of those parts) is heading for the planet to impact...so I think the name should be in that direction...CTF-Impact..:-)