Page 1 of 177 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Name That Map!

WarTourist

Name That Map!

Calling all Unreal Tournament fans: Epic needs your help! We have a capture the flag map that needs a name, and we thought we’d turn to you for great ideas. We’ll start with an open call for name suggestions. We’ll give that until (9/10/07), then pick our favorite.

Here’s some tips on how we choose a name:
    - It has to sound cool!
    - The name must be of the form “CTF-Name”. Multi-word names should be capitalized, i.e., “CTF-FirstSecondThirdWord”.
    - Don’t be silly with using names trademarked by someone else, immature stuff, etc.
    - The name has to fit the mood. This level takes place in orbit around Omicron 6, the home of the sinister Necris. CTF-HappySunriseBunnyKisses is not appropriate.
    - The name has to relate to the map closely, so that if someone says the map name you’ll know which one they mean. For example, a map with a big suspension bridge is called CTF-Suspense. The UT DM map with the deadly pressure chamber was called DM-Pressure. We’ve broken this rule sometimes, but it’s something we’re paying more attention to in UT3.
    - For this map, the obvious hook is the gorgeous skybox with the star (Omicron) rising over the planet’s horizon.

[shot]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1193/1323454615_f2b3c608d2_b.jpg[/shot]

[shot]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1037/1323454453_1892af150f_b.jpg[/shot]

[shot]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1304/1323454279_ca1f3af976_b.jpg[/shot]

Posts that don't include a name or are unhelpful comments on other names will be deleted.

!PaRaNoiD!
    CTF-DeadView.

Kold_
    CTF-Crematoria
    CTF-Exothermic
    CTF-Ignition
    CTF-Pyrophobia
    CTF-AphoticStar

ghrog
    CTF-DayBreak

Skill
    ctf-crumble (the moon, obviously)
    ctf-donut (the first image reminds me of one)

Thats all i got for now

»madMar†y»
    Ah nice, new pictures...hmm lets think.

Quote Originally Posted by ghrog View Post
    CTF-DayBreak
    I also focussed at the rising sun at first, but you don't know much about the skybox.. it could be moving, so it could be full daylight in a few seconds..

pboy
    CTF-DarkLight

Edit: Other ideas:
    CTF-DarkHorizon
    CTF-SunShadow
    CTF-Shadow

pboy
    Quote Originally Posted by ghrog View Post
    CTF-DayBreak
    Or maybe CTF-NightBreak

»madMar†y»
    To me it looks like the base is a part of that planet on the background that is falling apart and it also looks like the base (one of those parts) is heading for the planet to impact...so I think the name should be in that direction...CTF-Impact..:-)

Apathy
    CTF-DeadLight
    CTF-DarkHorizon
    CTF-EventHorizon (cool movie)
    CTF-NecrisHorizon

I'll be back with more when my brain wakes up