Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: UT3 will be DX10 and in "The Way Its Meant To Be Played" program

rhiridflaidd
    Quote Originally Posted by ProjectUT View Post
    ATI have already failed to launch the new DX10 card.
    It isn't 2 weeks but 2 days.

That's when the NDA's come off. So they should be widely available on Monday.

We'll see if it's true and how the drivers are.

MonsOlympus
    Ive heard all kinds of rumours about the new Ati cards like they will be the first to support DX10.1 and that they will have superior performance to nvidia cards because they did the chips for the 360.

I must admit Ive been getting alittle worried that the AMD thing and the 360 had got in the way of Ati releasing PC cards. Im interested to see how well they perform or if they'll fit into peoples cases lolz

Crotale
    Here's the official word on DX10 for UT3.

StalwartUK
    Quote Originally Posted by Crotale View Post
    Here's the official word on DX10 for UT3.
    That's reassuring. Let's just hope that their stance does not change in the future.

Mark Rein
    All this means is that UT3 will support DX10 - it does NOT mean that DX10 is required! We expect the vast majority of our users will be Windows XP / DX9 users. We will also support Mac and Linux as per usual.

Kyllian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rein View Post
    All this means is that UT3 will support DX10 - it does NOT mean that DX10 is required! We expect the vast majority of our users will be Windows XP / DX9 users. We will also support Mac and Linux as per usual.
    Mark, you're going to have to make that a sticky because I can almost guarantee your post will be overlooked by many and there will be much linking/quoting back to your statement

Either way, good to hear.

Lord_Impaler
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rein View Post
    This what I've been waiting for! Now that ATI/AMD will enhance (or maybe open-source) their graphics driver, I can't wait to see the Linux-demo of UT3.

Fantastic news. Finally a spoken word about UT3 and Linux-support, even though I never doubted you guys!

*BareVibes*
    Good to hear that, because I really don't feel like upgrading to Windows Vista until my next build in 2008.

martinblank
    Wait, will DX10 mode have more eye candy? Because I refuse to get vista to be able to use DX10.

Defeat
    >No it won't, things will just run faster.