Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Items from Unreal / UT

ne_skaju

Items from Unreal / UT

Would be cool to have activable items from Unreal / UT back into UT2007:

Flashlights, flares, forcefield, SCUBA Gear and more.
    And also more types of armor, including asbestos suit (protects from lava) , toxin suit (protects from slime and absorb bio rifle damage), radiation suit and others. In UT these items wasnt placed though on some maps (on JB-DoubleDecks or whatever it called, there was toxin suit (one per team), so you can swim from one base to another). These items add new tactics to maps and ,of course, more fun. BUT, they should not be placed on competitive maps, such as Deck17 (though asbestos suit would fit this map ) , Rankin etc.

sure
    No thanks.

FrostBiteEST
    Dont make game to complicated

Sinister
    another bad idea...

Gregori
    Quote Originally Posted by ne_skaju
    Would be cool to have activable items from Unreal / UT back into UT2007:

Flashlights, flares, forcefield, SCUBA Gear and more.
    And also more types of armor, including asbestos suit (protects from lava) , toxin suit (protects from slime and absorb bio rifle damage), radiation suit and others. In UT these items wasnt placed though on some maps (on JB-DoubleDecks or whatever it called, there was toxin suit (one per team), so you can swim from one base to another). These items add new tactics to maps and ,of course, more fun. BUT, they should not be placed on competitive maps, such as Deck17 (though asbestos suit would fit this map ) , Rankin etc.

I don't think it would be particulary useful for Deathmatch/CTF. Maybe Warfare or a Tactical Unreal Universe mod would find better use of it!

It would best serve a Singleplayer Campaign, something which was easy to do for UT because it was built on a SP game and shared assets with Unreal1. This was very hard to do with UT2kx because it was built completely for multiplayer.

This is probably best done as a mod but Epic could do a better job of putting content like this in.

ShredPrince
    (thread stater) Your F*n kidding right?

Nentuin
    Honestly, it's a cool concept and I like the idea, but I just don't want to deal with the complexity of it.

Jake-SF
    What is so complex in that?

It was nice in Unreal, although most items are too basic and useless.

Hedge-o-Matic
    I'd like to see the return of the flares. Oh, and the translator. Tee hee!

FrostBiteEST
    ut2007 is fast paced game and in dm maps i dont think that anybody can think and shoot at same time like what shouldi pick toxic or lava armor thats what i ment it could work on ut2004/2003 becase theres game pace aint that fast