Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SAVE OUR BOMBING RUN 4 ut2007

~uXc~Twi$T3d

SAVE OUR BOMBING RUN 4 ut2007

hi everyone i was reading this and was very dissapointed.

Bombing Run. However, due to the gametype's relatively high demand of physical and mental capacity, it has not gained much popularity and Epic Games plans to discontinue the gametype in Unreal Tournament 2007. Some people did not seem to appreciate maneuverability demands of the gametype. There have been several attempts to revive BR, with new servers which had better ping than the old school jolt server which was the only BR server for a long time in UT2004. BR is currently under another attempt to revive the gametype's popularity; the jolt BR server is not as popular as it once was, but there is a new BR server titled "UUTF & Friends public BR server".

see full story here.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing_Run

we cant let this great game type just die its awsome and is so much fun to play it just cant die come on boming runners help me out there must be something we can do to try and save this please post your thought's

AFG34
    im not a BR player, but i support you

Scylla
    Quote Originally Posted by ~uXc~Twi$T3d
    Bombing Run. However, due to the gametype's relatively high demand of physical and mental capacity, it has not gained much popularity and Epic Games plans to discontinue the gametype in Unreal Tournament 2007.
    Physical capacity? How does bombing run need you to have more physical capacity than any other game type?

Catzenjaeger
    hehe im Admin of www.BombingRun.org and believe me BR will never die. We plan to create a mod for ut2007. Your are right atm is br dead - the most servers are empty and the last BombingRun Cup was a disaster but we can start new when we find new Member in our community but our mod is regnoried and we have no advertising

GuntiNDDS
    No.

We need to strip out as many gamemmodes from ut2k7 as possible.

Wormbo
    I just hope that UT2007 will have an extra serverbrowser category "Other" that lists all (or at least many) of the servers that do not run any of the known gametypes. For obvious reasons that category should display the gametype name for each listed server.

The biggest drawback for custom gametypes in UT2003/4 was the inability to browse for servers running gametypes unknown to the client.

UnrealGrrl
    yeah i am hoping for ALOT of improvements to the browser for UT2007, especially when it comes to Mods and alternate gametypes.

Selerox

Exclamation Simple answer really...

More gametypes means a split community. Virtually no-one played BR. If you want it, mod it.

~uXc~Twi$T3d
    wow never thought i would get such a good response tnx every1 how we can keep it alive an ty catz i will check your link ty very much

~uXc~BR~League Server- 67.19.171.94

~uXc~ Br server always busy

p2xelgen
    I am so please that BR has finally been shown the boot...

Edit:
    You should do a poll on this......