Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Swearing and Cussing in UT2007

Piglet

Swearing and Cussing in UT2007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4u_48u_jpA

Hmmm - from what I could hear the bots appear to have an "extended vocabulary" from what they had in UT2004.

Please Epic, could you ensure that there is a client and a serverside option to remove those phrases.

If you're running a server with 'no swearing' as one of the rules then having the bots effing and blinding isn't going to help. That rule does appear to help create a nicer atmosphere to play in for many people.

Yes - I know it's a rated game and blah blah blah not kids blah blah - heard it all before.

Garcia y Vega
    Im sure there will be an option to disable the 'mature taunts'. Isn't there already one in UT2k4?

»{EID}«-Silenoz
    Yeah there is. And the game is a mature title. i mean the only thing i heard was shit and damn. What i dont get is why would you wanna turn it off? Is it like to strong for people's virgin ears? What i'm trying to say is if people would even buy it for there kid's or what ever they can read the back of the box. If ut2007 has voip like ut2004 the bot's cursing is the least of your worrie's. just my thought's

placebo
    I heard, uh, "feck" as the Darkwalkers came by.

Scylla
    I think that only a client side would be the best option. I don't think you should be able to prevent other people from hearing them if they want to (server side option).

Piglet
    Some people have problems reading :|

Quote Originally Posted by »{EID}«-Silenoz
    it's a rated game and blah blah blah not kids blah blah
    On a server where you have a no-swearing rule and the players hear swearing they're likely to swear. Hense the option of a serverside switch off in the same way you have the option for serverside taunts off in UT2004 (not that it seems to work).

Slaughter
    + 1

Server side should be an option. Plus, if the bots are dropping F-bombs (and I hope NOT) it will only encourage those who tend to use in-game text chat and VoIP as their own personal verbal toilet even more.

Entil'Zha
    anti-swearing is a big joke imo, even in UT2004, there are servers with a text chat filter where players can still do voice taunts all the time like "Suck on this" "die bitch" and you know the rest

What you're saying is that people will be encouraged to swear if they hear it, come on now

idd I heard it all before
    and yes it's a mature title
    and yes you blow up people, which means you can allow extreme mayhem but swearing is out of the question, this sounds like too much hypocrisy to me, this is not TV

just my $0.02

Molgan
    Quote Originally Posted by Entil'Zha
    just my $0.02
    Sorry your check bounced.

Monster w/21 Faces
    I love how you think it's perfectly acceptable to blow people to pieces with rockets and riddle their bodies with bullets but God help you if theres SWEARING! HOW VULGAR! BAN THIS FILTH!