View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Double Jumping

MonsOlympus

Double Jumping

Since the poll on dodge jumping is so close I thought Id start one on double jumps. I'll be interested to see whether the same split occurs or not.

CounterZeus
    I like double jumping

StalwartUK
    Double Jump? NO!

The_Deacon
    I don't see why they should remove dodge-jumping, but then still have double jumping. They both use the same method of boosting vertical momentum off a base of thin air (the main reason as to why I don't like the idea of either tbh), so if dodge-jumping becomes impossible, how can double-jumping still be possible?

This is coming at the issue with a certain amount of 'real world' rationality regarding the player physics. I'd have less of an issue if they justified the extra boost with some form of visual effect e.g. small jet burst from boots, ingenious equivalents for characters without boots. I'm only repeating what I've said before though

Draco
    I love double jumping, and it’s the only way to allow a ut player to access cretin areas of the map, simple areas like jumping on top of a crate or something. if u think about ut maps and how much u would be limited to where u can go if you only could jump once is incredible. Such a move (taking out double jump) would impact the game so greatly it would be very bad imo. Honestly if double jumping were to be taken out u might as well just go play cs, cause all ut will be is cs with unrealistic weaponry and vehicles LOL. having such free movement in ut is crucial to its success, im still "iffy" and not to sure, and really nervous about the removal of dodge jumping, but if double jumping were cut to I would probably have to reconsider buying 07 at all. It would just change the game play too drastically to what im use to, and it would make ut too much like all the other games of its style such as quake.

and some peeps say "but its not possible, your getting a second jump out of no where" well maybe in 07 they should add these little boosters at the bottom/on the sides of player shoes, that when you hit your second jump a "small boost of fire" barely noticeable, but still there that would explain your second propulsion up in the air. Then that problem is solved...

Wail of Suicide
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco
    I love double jumping, and it’s the only way to allow a ut player to access cretin areas of the map, simple areas like jumping on top of a crate or something. if u think about ut maps and how much u would be limited to where u can go if you only could jump once is incredible. Such a move (taking out double jump) would impact the game so greatly it would be very bad imo. Honestly if double jumping were to be taken out u might as well just go play cs, cause all ut will be is cs with unrealistic weaponry and vehicles LOL. having such free movement in ut is crucial to its success, im still "iffy" and not to sure, and really nervous about the removal of dodge jumping, but if double jumping were cut to I would probably have to reconsider buying 07 at all. It would just change the game play too drastically to what im use to, and it would make ut too much like all the other games of its style such as quake.

and some peeps say "but its not possible, your getting a second jump out of no where" well maybe in 07 they should add these little boosters at the bottom/on the sides of player shoes, that when you hit your second jump a "small boost of fire" barely noticeable, but still there that would explain your second propulsion up in the air. Then that problem is solved...

I recommend you go play the original UT. You could jump on crates and other obstacles with only a single jump. Double jump just resulted in the scale of the objects becoming 30-40% bigger.

[DOA]ShedBOy^
    i think it adds that extra element to the game tbh

as much as i loved UT99 i think if it was removed i would miss it

Draco
    Quote Originally Posted by [DOA]ShedBOy^
    i think it adds that extra element to the game tbh

as much as i loved UT99 i think if it was removed i would miss it
    exactly my point,

and "Wail of Suicide" dont tell me to play ut 99 lmao, ive been with this series since the orginal unreal, before ut even came out. i know how it all worked, and double jumping is better than single jumping. plain and simple.
    i just love it when people assume that everyone else has no idea what there talking about or has never played any other game in there life besides ut04...

Tarball|UTzone
    I thing Jumpdodge is not needet , however Doublejump should stay to avoid the Damage from the Bunny Hopping rocket Spammers

Magwa
    you can get to any crate by piston jumping ...double jump is not needed and without it you could have smaller maps which would benifit gameplay, one of the most annoying things in 2k3 2k4 was doing a double jump and smaking your head into a doorway or cieling ..no thanks ..but also to ponder the gravity is supposed to be greater so maybe you will not jump as high or as far which would be ok..