Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ut2004 plugin for Maya 7.0PLE now available

legacy-sandorski
    Quote Originally Posted by LordJaffa
    Urm, it's not related to modelling for UT, because quite frankly, I can't :noob: but is there a way to view the 3d model without having the maya PLE logo in the background? (being able to rotate that view would be good too)
    Nope

legacy-Super_Sonic
    Incase the maker of this plugin didnt know it wont let you export skeletal meshes into ut2004 with animations.

legacy-UnWheelModeller
    That is also the result I got; animations would not export

legacy-legioss
    Are you sure you are doing it right? No offense, but unless you have the root joint selected when you are exporting and your animation exists as a trax clip, you will not get any animations exported.

This is also in the docs I wrote with the plugin.

Let me know if you still have problems.

legacy-Super_Sonic
    I know how to export animations. It works fine in maya ple 5 but in maya ple 7 it just wont have it.

legacy-legioss
    send me your scene and I can have a look. If it is not working, I can get in touch with Epic and get it fixed.

Later.

legacy-UnWheelModeller
    Here is a link to my old post concerning my problem; http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...highlight=maya. I have since had a total hard drive failure that left all my files unreadable; everything was backed up except my new folder for Maya PLE 7, so I don't have the file anymore I could never get any response when I had the problem, so I just used the vehicle with no animation for the fins.

legacy-Nuclear hazard
    im with you unwheelmodeller
    the exporter simply wont work properly(edit:animations sekeltons)
    epic needs to fix it

legacy-legioss
    I did not hit this with any of the tests that I did before we shipped the plugin. Unless someone can come forward with a scene to reproduce this, little can be done about it.

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

legacy-UnWheelModeller
    legioss, I have recreated the basics of the tumbler file. The rigging was done quickly so the fins don't rotate exactly like they should. I tried to export and again the animations don't get exported. I have PM'd a link to the file.