Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: YARM / TD Vehicle Pack UPDATE Released May 31 2014 [BETA Ver 128][DL][PICS]

meowcat
    Thanks for trying the update out everyone!

@Dy1ngs0ul: I keep getting caught-up adding more stuff to YARM (new weapons etc.) so I'm not sure when I'll get the next release out. There are a few single-player type weapons I'm trying to get in before I release the next version (my favorite "human"-type weapons from the original Turok Dino Hunter) as well as some performance improvements dealing with the player models and parkour code. I'd like to say sometime in the next month, but I simply don't know.

@Baryonyx: I'd have to dig into the Ballistic source code to see what kind of trace they are running (extent or non-extent) and from which point. Without having the entire pawn/weapon/controller/vehicle classes already including this kind of system to attach passengers, it gets really tricky to try and hack around it. Can the weapons still fire, and is it only the long guns?

@arbee: Do you know which version of the MH-6 you were using when it locked your spawning (Alt or regular)? The bug you described may have been the reason I removed this feature from the old hummer six years ago...guess I never did fix it.

Baryonyx
    Yup, the weapons still fire. They behave exactly like as if there was a wall right in front of the player, in all concerns.

TalonHunter
    Okay can someone tell me if it possible in any way to use the YARM player models, outside of the mutator?

meowcat
    No. I animated them all with my own custom skeleton so they are not rigged to the standard UT2k4 skeleton and I don't have matching animation sequence names. BTW its nice to see a fellow Washingtonian on the forum!

Is there a specific player model that you would want to use?

TalonHunter
    the ones with the boonie caps and the ski masks, camo patterns don't matter much to me mainly i want them to use in ..:..: 's Ut2004 conversion of the Unreal beta maps
    it likes to disable special functions of most any mutator
    UTZone.de this is where the only functional version of that mod is that i been able to find

CMGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by meowcat View Post
    No. I animated them all with my own custom skeleton so they are not rigged to the standard UT2k4 skeleton and I don't have matching animation sequence names. BTW its nice to see a fellow Washingtonian on the forum!

Is there a specific player model that you would want to use?
    Y not all of em or the ones you can do? Just a simple rigging to the stock Skels for normal gameplay would be fine...

TalonHunter
    one thing you might wanna fix in the next release, the "sights" actually block the view of where you are shooting

meowcat
    Thanks for pointing that out! I fixed it in the version I'm working on now a year or two ago, but I may have missed others (though I thought I did a pretty clean sweep). Try using the console command "ToggleIronSight" a couple of different times to see how it alters how the weapon is aimed.

TalonHunter
    Thanks, that actually made a big difference (:

Dy1ngs0ul
    How long til newer updates for this mod?