Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The best comebacks

legacy-Skarjj Master

Smile The best comebacks

First things first, comebacks are when you are close to losing, but coming back and winning or something close to it. This can be in any competitive gametype. Opposite team comebacks are allowed.

Post your awsome combacks you have experienced while playing UT2004!

Heres a starter:

In ONS-Torlan, our team was owning, we pushed them to their powercore, and damaged it to 2%. Somehow, they retook the base node and the tank node, and fought for the center node. Eventually, we were pushed to our core, and lost the match before overtime commenced. The score was originally 2-1 with 3 to win, meaning that with this win, they reached 2-3. Sadly, this means we lost the entire game, not just the round. UT2004 needs more instances like this, where a team can actually pull itself together, and win a seemingly hopeless match.

The above was in a PUB server, with 20 players, WITHOUT TEAMSWITCHES, and WITHOUT THE DEEMER.

legacy-Fnix
    Come to Orlando's game convention :up:

Kyllian
    Meh, some of the best comebacks I've seen were verbal.

Whiner: You're an ***hole
    Me: I'm not an ***hole, I'm a bastard. If you're going to try to insult me, do it right.
    Whiner: ...

legacy-Fnix
    Or you hear this on mic

That comeback sucked harder than your mom plz

Jezza101
    My fave recent one was on venom vs ne last week.

http://internationaldl.jolt.co.uk/in...ewfile&id=4595

Core down to 17% in about 8 seconds, but thanks to a well placed tank and a node link cut off we went from 2 seconds away from death to victory in the space of 30 seconds. Normally its us that lose like that but for once we managed it!

legacy-Pool
    We scrimmed another clan once and mounted a furious comeback on dawn. We hit their core with literally four shots in the last few seconds to beat them as our core went down to 0. We went silent on teamspeak after one of the cores blew up because we weren't sure who won, chaos ensued after we realized that we won. Best map/game I have ever played.

Jes
    Originally posted by Kel

Me: I'm not an ***hole, I'm a bastard. If you're going to try to insult me, do it right.
    True enough! :up:

placebo
    I've had several almost unbelievable comebacks in Severance. Usually happens when the enemy team doesn't bother defending that node, and thinks "Okay, the game is over for them", and then while they're all at our core, with the Levi ready to deploy, the node goes down, and while they're walking back and whatnot, we've already captured half of the nodes and they've lost their Leviathan.

Imaginos
    Best comeback ever was the 2004 Boston Red Sox.

musilowski
    Originally posted by Kel

:haha::up: