legacy-^vs^Bazza

legacy-huh

legacy-LooZeR
    Originally posted by Virax
    Lots of bad players play with a high fov
    Originally posted by KriLL3.2™
    100.. blah blah blah
    :up:

I used 90 and I don't miss many lg shots. Shock primary on the other hand...I sux with that...good with combos though.

legacy-³Þ`
    i used 115 when i was playing quake 3 and ut2003 but now i use 100

legacy-DarKZeN|LOA
    FOV 110...all games all the time. :up:

legacy-DawgPound
    I used to use 100, I changed to 90 a month or so ago...

legacy-JallaJonas
    Most (maybe all) servers allow FOV-change during a match.
    I suggest binds for FOV:

mousewheel up (great for sniping(long distance shots):
    FOV 80
    and low mouse sensitivity

mousewheel down (close combat):
    FOV 100
    and high mouse sensitivity

UT Enthusiast
    I would like to become a better hitscan shooter with shock beam or sniper rifle.

I understand that a bigger FOV gives you a better overview and that it helps to track somebody who is circling around you.
    But it is a fact that a smaller FOV magnificats everything on the screen and bigger FOV makes everything smaller.

Here is what I think :
    When I choose FOV=90 instead of FOV=100, then the opponent/target is bigger on the screen with more pixels, and I do belive (but never tested it) that a bigger target on screen is easier to hit. Does somebody think different?

It's all about personal preferences and personal choice: Do I choose a better overview but pay for it with diminution OR do I choose a less good overview but get for that a magnification? Or do I go a middle way?

Thats the reason why I did NOT change FOV=90 when I changed from 17" to 24" widescreen. The bigger 24" screen gives me bigger targets and yet a wider picture. I have chosen a compromise.

I would like to ask players who are really skilled with shock beam and sniper rifle if a lower FOV helps to hit the target? And which FOV they are using.

GreatEmerald
    I've always left it at default simply because at high FOV the perspective becomes really distorted around the edges, and I can't stand that...

Baryonyx
    Another one to get the necromancer medal...

Anyways, welcome to the forums.

To topic: I have a value higher than 90, though I don't remember the exact value at the moment. I think it gives me a better overview and let's me spot movement from the corner of the eye. And I didn't notice distortion btw.