Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aliens vs. Skaarj er.. I mean Predator

legacy-BooGiTyBoY

Aliens vs. Skaarj er.. I mean Predator

I figured I'd post this here as the Predators kind of resemble 2k4's Skaarj.

Hey I TRIED to make it on topic okay?

Anyways here's a brandy new AvP wallpaper I made this evening.
    Why no Aliens in the pic?

Simple...

When the Predators are done there aren't going to be any left! BooYAH!

(size=1024x768)
    [shot]http://users.adelphia.net/~digitalfidget/images/AvP.jpg[/shot]

legacy--Loric-
    I would say that the Gen Mo'Kai (dreadlocks and general face design) are directly inspired by the Predator.

But Skaarj? I don't quite see the ressemblance.

Skaarj are more like a mix of a saurian (skin/tail), boar (tusks) and the XMan character Wolverine (claws).

DigitalBacon
    Nice! I cant wait for this movie man.

legacy-BooGiTyBoY
    It's cuz of the scene in the commercial/trailer when the predator extends that big ol' claw weapon offa his arm. Reminds me of the SP intro moviewhen the skaarj guts Romulus/Remus (whichever it is)

But yeah the Gen'Mo's definitely have some predatorish tendencies as well...

SEE! This WAS on topic kinda!

virax
    Originally posted by -Loric-
    I would say that the Gen Mo'Kai (dreadlocks and general face design) are directly inspired by the Predator.

But Skaarj? I don't quite see the ressemblance.

Skaarj are more like a mix of a saurian (skin/tail), boar (tusks) and the XMan character Wolverine (claws).
    Armclaws, tendril/dreadlocks are similarities, in addition to a somewhat 'advancecd barbarian' style (ie. Tribal painted Skaarj with spaceships, tech. advanced Predator with similar markings under the armor, if I recall.) Plus, the face design of the Skaarj is somewhat similar to what's underneath the mask of the Predator. Finally, the body builds of the Predator and Skaarj are far more alike than that of the Gen Mo'kai and the Predator.

The similarities aren't as obvious in UT2004, and if I started UT2004 as my first Unreal series, I probably never would have made the connection. However, the Skaarj Hybrids in UT were far more similar to Predators than the Gen Mo'kai or the UT2004 Skaarj, in my mind.

legacy-=Vector=
    heh, thanks the the wallpaper, definitely a keeper. As for the movie, i don't even give a damn about acting or anything just so long as i get to see plenty of Predator vs Alien action (and no not in the sexual sense...that's just wrong), in fact i wouldn't be surprised (or disappointed) if every human in the movie got killed...kinda hoping they do, a happy ending in a movie like this would suck IMO

as for the Predator's resemblance to some of the aliens/monsters/freaks in UT2004, i'd say the predators resemble the skaarj more then the Gen's, mainly cause the skaarj have the extendable claws, and the face is similar in that the tusks are kinda like the mandibles (not sure if that's what you call them) on the predator, also the skaarj aren't reverse jointed like the Gen's are....

legacy-vladthedog

Re: Aliens vs. Skaarj er.. I mean Predator

Originally posted by BooGiTyBoY

When the Predators are done there aren't going to be any left! BooYAH!
    aliens are gonna woop the preditors ASS'es!!!! hehe

actually, i could go either way on this one (if i had to choose who i wanted to win)... aliens look cooler.... predators seem a bit tougher (but w/o any weapons who knows?)... i *might* go w/ aliens just because they were created by giger hehe

legacy-BooGiTyBoY
    Well so far on the AvP Official Website the aliens are winning by almost 500,000 votes...

BLASPHEMY!!! Mwahahahaha.

legacy-vladthedog
    Originally posted by BooGiTyBoY
    Well so far on the AvP Official Website the aliens are winning by almost 500,000 votes...

BLASPHEMY!!! Mwahahahaha.
    well, you gotta give the predators some kudo's.. i mean, sigorney weaver was able to take out an alien.... even arnold really couldn't do it.. the predator had to self destruct hehe

legacy-UberBone
    Well ... if somebody did a Skaarj Hybrid model, we could have some excellent Predator skins.

*cough*