Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT: Anyone upgrade from 9800Pro to X800XT or X800P?

legacy-audi2honda

OT: Anyone upgrade from 9800Pro to X800XT or X800P?

What do you think...was it worth it?

legacy-RedShadowXX
    not at the current prices of the x800 (around 500, 450 at cheapest), although when the prices do decrease later on (less than 400?) it's probably a fine investment, as these cards are a substantially dramatic improvement over the 9800s

legacy-Necromancer
    $300 better?
    no way
    games dont even need it yet
    I guess if your heavy into benchmarks:noob:

legacy-«c»Snooka
    The nvidia Geforce 6800GT is plenty fast enough, and is priced at a modest $299.99. It scores higher than the X800Pro in 3DMark'03.

They should be available very soon. I currently have an ATi 9800XT, but I'll be moving to camp nvidia soon. I mean, c'mon, $450.00+ for something slower than a $299.99 dollar video card?

ATi is...well, ripping everyone off. Trying to.

legacy--royal.mAgx*-
    i wouldnt buy any of them, the 9800 pro or xt r good cards, u can use them for years.. i got a fx5600 256 mb and still dont have any fps troubles

legacy-squoibymox
    Originally posted by Necromancer
    $300 better?
    no way
    games dont even need it yet
    I guess if your heavy into benchmarks:noob:
    Um, start talking Far Cry and other more DX9'ish games at 1600 x 1200 x 32 and a bunch of AA and AF and that statement falls flat on it's face real quick...

legacy-sean67
    i've got a 9800pro and i don't think i'll be upgrading anytime soon - it plays every game i have at max details fairly well. a tiny bit of a prob with "Far Cry" but ut2004, D-Ex 2, BF Vietnam, X2 - they all run fine fps > 50 (with high load).

at least wait till Nvidia bring out their latest and see if it measures up.

legacy-«c»Snooka
    Originally posted by squoibymox
    Um, start talking Far Cry and other more DX9'ish games at 1600 x 1200 x 32 and a bunch of AA and AF and that statement falls flat on it's face real quick...
    Very true.

Haha. You wouldn't even need to enable AA/AF for that. Just up the resolution to anything above 1024x768.

legacy-cosmicnut
    I've got tonnes of memory, an AMD fx-53 processor and a 5900 Ultra and I can still bring the system to it's knees! The games are still ahead of the hardware. There are DX9 features that aren't even used on DX9 cards because it slows them down too much.

The new cards kick bottom but are just OTT in price at the mo. If you've got the dough though....

legacy-sean67
    although its unlikely that there will be a point in time when the hardware can handle any game on the market