Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: pet peeve of the moment: misleading names

legacy-ug_rulz_all

pet peeve of the moment: misleading names

of all the things i cant stand, its when arrogant pricks come into servers, call themselves "newb" or something along those lines yet obviously own pretty much everyone there

like just a few minutes ago i finished on a dm server in 1st place with 30 kills in 7 minutes and so i see some guy called ultimate-newb (probably with some weird capitalization algorhythm) and in just 3 minutes he has like 22...

your opinions? i personally think that anyone who has to disguise themselves as a newb is just completely insecure as a person and makes them look like *******s. point is: if youre going to call yourself a noob, you better play like one

legacy-vladthedog
    or it could be a joke.... i find it amusing

Flak
    Never really paid that much attention.

legacy-Powerslave666
    Lmao, were you playing on a demo server as "haha" last night? I saw you there asking that guy to change his name, lol. I was aliasing, like I usually do on DM pubs.

legacy-ug_rulz_all
    :bulb:

legacy-Powerslave666
    And no I wasn't that Ultimate_Newb guy.

legacy-ug_rulz_all
    Originally posted by Powerslave666
    I was aliasing, like I usually do on DM pubs.
    but why

dont you realize you just wind up appearing as a player whos insecure about their skills

that kind of mentality is even worse in some clanned people - its like theyll alias in case they lose, but if they win theyll put on their "1337" clan tag to show everyone theyre "1337"

and no im not that "haha" guy but apparently he has a point

legacy-thep0pe
    True n00bs don't call themselves n00b, they call everyone else n00b.

legacy-Powerslave666
    Originally posted by ug_rulz_all
    but why

dont you realize you just wind up appearing as a player whos insecure about their skills

that kind of mentality is even worse in some clanned people - its like theyll alias in case they lose, but if they win theyll put on their "1337" clan tag to show everyone theyre "1337"

and no im not that "haha" guy but apparently he has a point
    I really don't know why I alias in DM pubs, it's not really because I'm insecure about my skill as I can win most of the time in pubs. I think it's more of a routine, it's not like I don't want people to know I alias because I leave xfire on, and anyone who has me on their list can notice I'm aliasing. And no, I have never unaliased during a game to show how "1337" me and my clan are.

legacy-Bear

yeah it can be annoying

yeah I find it annoying when people that are pretty good at the game have that kinda names....with noob in it......I'm not sure why...personally I guess I feel like I'm being made fun of......and if you say that its a joke.....well I don't see how it is funny.......but anyways I hold no grief toward them....its all cool...