Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Check your CPU+MB+RAM!

legacy-WARM3CH
    How long should you let Prime95 run for?
    The recommendation is 6~24 hours for absolute stability test but for your purposes (running games) 1~2 hours should be enough. You can stop it after that and be sure at least your CPU cooling, DRAM settings, MotherBoard are stable and if you have a problem with your game, you should either check the drivers or other software settings.

legacy-DJMattB2421
    lol maybe i should go ahead and upgrade from my P4 1.6Ghz, and PC133 RAM, eh?

although my radeon 9800 Pro 128Mb is helping.

legacy-Zek
    ran it for 12 hours and no errors and no warnings. CPU is cool and computer is stable as a horsey. :up:

legacy-vic7imizer
    Originally posted by haydes
    My CPU+MB+RAM has all tested OK but UT2004 still crashes randomly. It could be that Atari needs to release a patch to correct this issue.

. . .

Gentoo Linux running Kernel 2.6.4
    The crashes are being addressed. You can already get experimental binaries that are much more stable. See this thread for details.

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...hreadid=357447

legacy-Resurrecter
    Amazing. A ton of people, myself included having tons of problems...terrible frame rates, install problems, general protection faults etc. etc. etc. and the mods choose to sticky a thread blaming your system. In all this not once have I seen Epic nor Atari publicly anounce a patch to fix and address these issues.

legacy-Envy-
    [Thu Apr 08 23:48:24 2004]
    FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4
    Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.
    FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4
    Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.

i tried it twice and both times it stopped immediately. i have a gig of pc3200 and i know it has some errors in it, but what is the ideal efficiency of ram (other then 100% lol, what should be ok for ram). i used sisoftwares program and got a ~90% eff. ut2k4 and ut both crash on my.

legacy-dcom67
    I finally tried out the prime95 blended test today and got exactly that in no time at all. Course this was after i had tweaked , prodded,probbed everything in sight for the last two weeks. Mine would just crash when ever it felt like it, while playing , other wise it worked fine .

Well i fooled with some of the memory settings and got it to pass the prime95 test for about an hour , ten mins into UT it crashed.
    Still keeping the memory problem in mind , I looked at corsairs site (my memory is corsair) for some clues. And after rereading my mobos manual again . i tried raisng the memory voltages , no fix. Then it finally dawned on me I`m using Pc3200 ram and it says its running at 400mhz but the board only officially supports 333mhz tops. went into bios and dropped the memory speed down to 333mhz and it runs Ut like a charm now woot :up:

amd fx 51
    asus sk8n ,1007 bios ,original mobo Nforce drivers
    1 GB Corsair dual channel registered
    ATI 9800Xt ,4.4 cats
    audigy 2 zs plat
    winxp

legacy-Envy-
    how can i find out what speed my ram is running at? my mobo supports up to 400 i believe (asus a7n8x-x) and i have pc3200, but for some reason i think its running slower.

legacy-Mahnkiman
    Originally posted by Envy-
    how can i find out what speed my ram is running at? my mobo supports up to 400 i believe (asus a7n8x-x) and i have pc3200, but for some reason i think its running slower.
    Go into your BIOS and see what your bus speed is set to. It should be set to whatever the rated bus speed for your processor is, so double check that. If you find that your processor's rated bus speed is lower than 200 MHz, you won't get the rated speed from your memory unless you overclock your CPU by cranking up the FSB of your motherboard.

legacy-duvy

what's this?

UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2004-03-03_02.42]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2408 MHz with 511MB RAM
    Video: NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 with AGP8X (5656)

General protection fault!

History: UObject::UnhashObject <- UObject::~UObject <- DeleteObject <- (54765) <- DeleteGarbage <- (sg_Mech_ruggedframe2) <- UObject::PurgeGarbage <- UObject::CollectGarbage <- Cleanup <- UGameEngine::LoadMap <- LocalMapURL <- UGameEngine::Browse <- ClientTravel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Convoy <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop?????????????????????????????????PLEASE HELP