Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: UT2004 Help, slow load times, adrenaline combos etc (Unofficial Help)

legacy-PristineSmut
    thanks InSanE! much appreciated info! :up:

legacy-.InSanE.
    I added some other stuff "Making UT2004 run faster:"

Originally posted by PristineSmut
    thanks InSanE! much appreciated info! :up:

You're welcome

legacy-Aso
    for the slow loading i have this proggy which works for now. its called RAM def XT and his this little option (Conservative swap file usage) which basically means that it should do most in RAM which brought the loading time down to around 10 sec.

testing some more now dunno if its any good. but loading went from 1 min to 10 sec so worth trying i guess

-Aso

legacy-booker
    i went thru UT2004.ini and User.ini and there is no line "bAutoDemoRec". what is it under?

legacy-.InSanE.
    [XInterface.ExtendedConsole]
    bAutoDemoRec=False

legacy-Carlos007
    Can you post a how to on voice chat, bot communication, etc?
    if you look in the speech folder of your UT204 game you will see 5 (.xml) files (one for each game mode(i cant find the other 5 game modes.))

ctf = capture the flag
    ons = onslaught
    br = bombing run
    dom = domination
    tdm = team deathmatch

to read the file double click it
    the first set of information is the commands that can be given(you need a little bit of common sense to make it out.) the second set is what robot you can give it to.

for instance lets use capture the flag. if you want a robot to cover you you could say:
    "foxtrot, cover" and you will have your very own little robot to run away from... or acctually do your objective. a funny command is:
    "echo, suicide" you can probably guess what echo is gonna do.:bulb:

in case you did not know how to activate voice chat/ bot comm. press and hold the "F" button as default.

legacy-Carlos007

Re: UT2004 Help, slow load times, adrenaline combos etc (Unofficial Help)

How do I join a server my friend has hosted?

Firstly your friend must have all the correct ports opened (7777 UDP). Now find out what your friends IP is, you can ask him to go to windws > run > cmd > and type ipconfig. You will then have his IP, ask which port the friend will be hosting on. Now load up UT2004, in console type (console can be opened by the tilde key which is above tab ` or the ' key, which is the same key as @ ).

open xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:pppp

Where xxx is the IP and pppp is the port number. If the correct ports are not opened you will not be able to join the server.

Go to http://www.unrealadmin.org/ for more information.
    i still cant get to his game. it shows this

also do you always have to type in ":7777"? in UT you only had to type in the Ip

legacy-Krige
    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    bAutoDemoRec=False
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Change it to

quote:
    AutoDemoRec=True

help , ut2004 crashed when it changes map

legacy-.InSanE.
    Originally posted by Krige
    quote:
    bAutoDemoRec=False

Change it to

quote:
    AutoDemoRec=True

help , ut2004 crashed when it changes map
    Autodemorec was the only thing I did not test, my bad, ill edit it out if it doesn't work.

Originally posted by Carlos007
    i still cant get to his game. it shows this

also do you always have to type in ":7777"? in UT you only had to type in the Ip
    When I join a server I type xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:pppp

Where x is the ip and p is the port, so yes if 7777 is the port then the answer is yes. It is worth trying with and withoutt he port number ( :7777 )

*edit* Ok edited.

legacy-Kaeje

Red face

Originally posted by AdamComic2
    Can you post a how to on voice chat, bot communication, etc?
    Originally posted by Carlos007

...if you want a robot to cover you you could say:
    "foxtrot, cover" and you will have your very own little robot to run away from... or acctually do your objective. a funny command is:
    "echo, suicide" you can probably guess what echo is gonna do.

in case you did not know how to activate voice chat/ bot comm. press and hold the "F" button as default.
    [/QUOTE]

What Carlos007 added in here is only good, assuming Voice Command is working already.

1) What all is necessary for Voice Command (for bots; not Voice Chat to people) to work? I have the CD set, and there was no headset/voice software included. I just installed the MS Speech SDK, but nothing. My Voice Chat works fine, so it's not the hardware at all.

2) What all needs to be set in UT2'4 and whatever voice software (more imphasis on the voice software)? They don't seem to detect each other automatically.

3) Is there any visual in-match indication that Voice Command is working (like how Voice Chat shows your mic's VU meter on the left while you hold the key down)? If so, what? So far, the other sound lowers, but that's all. Of course, whether or not the bots respond does not qualify as an answer to this.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    If these questions have been answered in other existing threads, please indicate the URL(s) of the thread(s) in here. Thanks...