Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plusing Lights.

legacy-AkumuX

Plusing Lights.

I created some lights and wanted them to blink the way running lights on aircraft do, so I set the LightType under the Lighting to LT_Pulse. It pulses properly in the Prespective View viewport, but not in the game. Is there some other setting I need to adjust to make it blink properly? I tried a rebuild all, no help. lol

Angel_Mapper
    Dynamic lighting doesn't work right, so all those light types are obsolete. Use Projectors instead.

legacy-AkumuX
    :cry:

Er... okay. Thanks!

legacy-AkumuX
    Crap, ok so I built a light using a projector, but it still doesn't pulse in the actual level. I set up the light the same way as I did with a normal light, using the LightType under the Lighting set to LT_Pulse. Do I have to change something else? I tried looking at the Projector Tutorial, but it doesn't seem to cover this really.

legacy-elvez
    did you rebuild your scene before you tested. also try another setting like flicker to see if it works.

legacy-Raptor2113

TriggerLights!

TriggerLights work. Pulsing, flickering, etc... do it with TriggerLights!:up:

Angel_Mapper
    Originally posted by AkumuX
    Crap, ok so I built a light using a projector, but it still doesn't pulse in the actual level.
    You did what? No, I didn't mean set up a Projector as a light, the light types are obsolete no matter what actor you use. You need to apply an animated texture to the projector. There's a special kind of texture that just oscillates back and forth between two colors that you can use.

legacy-azmodai
    emitters are also good for this business

legacy-Raptor2113

TriggerLights

I say again, TriggerLights. TriggerLights will support LightTypes, though not LightEffects. Lighting --> LightType = LT_Pulse, and TriggerLight --> bInitiallyOn = True. Voila, a pulsing light. Very cool. I used one in my first level, and I just now threw one into another level to make sure they still work. They do. Now, if you throw a corona on there, the corona won't pulse along with the light, but the light will still pulse. TriggerLights rock. Enjoy!

legacy-Teddie

Re: TriggerLights

Originally posted by Raptor2113
    I say again, TriggerLights. TriggerLights will support LightTypes, though not LightEffects. Lighting --> LightType = LT_Pulse, and TriggerLight --> bInitiallyOn = True. Voila, a pulsing light. Very cool. I used one in my first level, and I just now threw one into another level to make sure they still work. They do. Now, if you throw a corona on there, the corona won't pulse along with the light, but the light will still pulse. TriggerLights rock. Enjoy!
    Raptor :up:

You da man. This works.