PDA

View Full Version : Seriously 4.0. Don't deny it, you know it's going to happen.

HVAC Techie
06-18-2012, 01:38 PM
I really don't know if there's any use speculating whether we'll get an insane achievement in the line of Seriously... mind you, a lot of achievements in GOW3 fell under 'insane'... but is there any point denying or even questioning that they'll toss another Seriously achievement at us?

The only question is... exactly how mean could the next generation of Seriously be? Seriously was 10K kills, Seriously 2.0 was 100K, and 3.0 was 65 Insane Onyx Medals and Level 100. So 4.0... I think it'll be a button masher achievement, for sure.

My one worry is that the next game will incorporate re-ups into the achievements, and possibly 4.0, if that's the name they'll use for it. I'm not sure if re-ups for Judgement have been confirmed yet, but I'd be very surprised if there aren't any. I believe in GOW3 people got Level 100 within 2 weeks of release?

I guess we'll just have to wait and see if they both toss one at us and if they do, exactly how crazy it'll be. Any speculation?

Edit: I realized I didn't really say very well what I wanted Seriously '4.0' to be, so here's what I think it should be: Earning all achievements in Gears of War 1, 2, and 3; and then all the 'base' (non-DLC) achievements in Gears of War: Judgement. Sort of a "You've done it all!" kind of achievement.

GearsCat
06-18-2012, 03:34 PM
Re ups are boring, I would want them to scrap it.Just have 100 levels.

I Love U Jesus
06-18-2012, 06:37 PM
There's no use speculating, but I don't want another achievement like Seriously 3.0. I want the "Seriously" achievements to go back to their roots. Maybe, 50,000 ranked kills total? Something that takes dedication and some skill but not something that just shows how much of your precious life you're willing to waste on the game.

Master Roshi
06-18-2012, 06:44 PM

Remove levels completely, show your Matchmaking Rank as an image like pre-TU3 Gears 2. But obviously better.

Ranks are boring. It's just a number and it proves nothing. Showing your MM rank would show TrueSkill rather than who played the longest.

Josh26
06-18-2012, 07:04 PM
I'm sure it will be something like "amass a total 5,000,000,000 minutes played"

The Dixie Kid
06-18-2012, 08:23 PM
Unlike the one-sided mess that was Seriously 3.0 I'd like to whichever iteration of Seriously they come up to actually encompass the game as a whole.

As much as I enjoy the multiplayer aspect of Gears playing it exclusively for hours on end shows no more dedication than favoring any other mode of the game.

I'd also like to see Epic and People Can Fly come up with something creative and eliminate the grind as playing the same thing over and over be it a wave of Horde or Beast or a story mode chapter hundreds if not thousands of time does not show dedication either.

D4u2s0t
06-18-2012, 08:26 PM
Achieve the first 3 seriously's, get 1 million kills, your first born son, and you have to make one of cliff's car payments... then you can have the seriously 4.0 medal.

Ant Heuser
06-18-2012, 08:29 PM
S4.0-- Play Gears of War: Judgment, x amount x played-- Whatever! As long as you can achieve it offline-- And I don't mean 'Private'.

tootybananas
06-18-2012, 08:48 PM
i'd like epic to keep it simple and make it 1,000,000 kills in Mp.

Ant Heuser
06-18-2012, 08:49 PM

As long as 'System Link' counts as 'MP'.

tootybananas
06-18-2012, 08:57 PM

Yeah i wouldn't mind.
I just want an achievement that makes people play the game and doesn't promote bad game play or crazy boosting.

HVAC Techie
06-18-2012, 08:58 PM
S4.0-- Play Gears of War: Judgment, x amount x played-- Whatever! As long as you can achieve it offline-- And I don't mean 'Private'.
Yeah I got a bunch of my still-unfinished Seriously 3.0 offline, been accused of hacking a bunch of times. So long as the online is achieved online, it's obvious I'm not, though, which is nice. But yeah they're a bit too crazy with multiplayer. I'm not sure how much I like what they're doing with things in Judgement, but it'll still be fun, I'm sure. And this time around we'll probably have like 5 campaign achievements and the rest multiplayer. T.T

Untitled One
06-18-2012, 09:01 PM
They already have it in all the other games. It's almost a given if you ask me. Hopefully it's something reasonable though, and not like Gears 3.

Master Roshi
06-18-2012, 09:15 PM

EPIC shouldn't, and won't, make an achievement that's catered to your needs. You should be spending money to put a constant roof over your head and not wasting it on video games you play at a friends house anyway.

Ant Heuser
06-18-2012, 09:38 PM
EPIC shouldn't, and won't, make an achievement that's catered to your needs. You should be spending money to put a constant roof over your head and not wasting it on video games you play at a friends house anyway.

LMAO! And they should be catered to your needs-- Next! I have a roof over my head and everything I need to get on XBL, Xbox, Game, Internet, XBL Gold and internet connection. I fail to see your point? Just because you're so "hardcore" doesn't mean people who play offline aren't just as good... Get over yourself. Like I said, I paid $60 for my game I should be able to get all my achievements offline. Show me where XBL is a requirement?

Man Of Steel
06-18-2012, 09:42 PM
It has to be fair and not "play 1 million wingman games" lol, i say it should have to do with weapon kills and kills in general, like get 50,000 starter weapon kills and 15,000 power weapon kills. Nothing should be made achieveable in private, seriously 3.0 is a joke because of that, boosting fest lol.

Ant Heuser
06-18-2012, 09:44 PM
It has to be fair and not "play 1 million wingman games" lol, i say it should have to do with weapon kills and kills in general, like get 50,000 starter weapon kills and 15,000 power weapon kills. Nothing should be made achieveable in private, seriously 3.0 is a joke because of that, boosting fest lol.

Private and offline aren't the same thing-- lets just make that clear for the sake of argument, If I want to play pvt, but I have gold okay.., but if I have no XBL subscription I have no choice.

Master Roshi
06-18-2012, 09:45 PM
LMAO! And they should be catered to your needs-- Next! I have a roof over my head and everything I need to get on XBL, Xbox, Game, Internet, XBL Gold and internet connection. I fail to see your point? Just because you're so "hardcore" doesn't mean people who play offline aren't just as good... Get over yourself. Like I said, I paid $60 for my game I should be able to get all my achievements offline. Show me where XBL is a requirement?

Don't get jumpity with me. You're the guy who goes off about how he's homeless and how Epic shouldn't do certain things because you wouldn't be able to obtain them. What, you expect a sympathy card? Don't blow up at me for not feeling sympathetic. If you're really homeless why are you buying video games?

I never said anything about being "hardcore". I never said they should be catered to my needs and I have nothing to get over.

You're so selfish and self-absorbed it sickens me.

Ant Heuser
06-18-2012, 09:53 PM
Don't get jumpity with me. You're the guy who goes off about how he's homeless and how Epic shouldn't do certain things because you wouldn't be able to obtain them. What, you expect a sympathy card? Don't blow up at me for not feeling sympathetic. If you're really homeless why are you buying video games?

I never said anything about being "hardcore". I never said they should be catered to my needs and I have nothing to get over.

You're so selfish and self-absorbed it sickens me.

I never said I was 'homeless'-- That was never part of my argument. So get the story straight. I have XBL, I have no problem with playing online or buying games, I'm not arguing because of the situation I'm in-- I guess that never dawned on you.

Jumipity, don't make me laugh-- Your only argument is people will boost and offline gamers aren't "hardcore" enough. Please, have a better reason. What do offline achievements have to do with you anyway, bragging rights? I paid for my game just like you, and if I CHOOSE to get them offline that should be an option. Evey body who is homeless isn't a gamer, and every gamer who doesn't have XBL isn't homeless... Your point of view is clearly pathetic-- You want an achievement for you "hardcore gamers" brag about them on XBL-- Not about XBL only.

D4u2s0t
06-18-2012, 10:15 PM
I have said in other posts, I don't mind if kills/achievments are done in private, but I think to keep it fair it should use the same mutator system that horde uses... Meaning, you want to play on casual with 3 easy mutators, you're getting alot less than those that are playing insane with 3 hard mutators. As it is now, it's not a level playing field. The multipliers are already in place, just add the other stats to that multiplier. Just seems like an all around fair way to keep everyone happy, and reward those that play private on higher difficulties.

J4mes
06-18-2012, 10:44 PM
As if 3.0 wasnt enough of a grind

omfghowfake
06-18-2012, 10:55 PM
Seeing how the games isn't called "Gears of War 4" I doubt they would call it that.

HVAC Techie
06-18-2012, 11:33 PM
Seeing how the games isn't called "Gears of War 4" I doubt they would call it that.
Fine. "Serious Judgement of Nolifeness" for 150G. HAPPY?!

xICooRsYIx
06-19-2012, 12:21 AM
There's no use speculating, but I don't want another achievement like Seriously 3.0. I want the "Seriously" achievements to go back to their roots. Maybe, 50,000 ranked kills total? Something that takes dedication and some skill but not something that just shows how much of your precious life you're willing to waste on the game.

so your saying 50k kills online wouldnt be a waste of someones precious life? I can honestly admit to having 0 social life when gears 1 came out. And i only got 13k kills...

-xICooRsYIx

dude527
06-19-2012, 03:26 AM

Are you crazy?! It took a good few nights of hours-long sessions of boosting to get my Seriously 2.0 in campaign. And we're talking about a spot where you can get 50-75 kills per spawn, for a good 100-150 every minute or so! And it took forever. You want one million in multiplayer? I remember joking with people that Seriously 3.0 would be one million kills, once again across the board, and I remember telling them realistically, if that were to happen, I wouldn't even bother campaign boosting again. But in multiplayer alone? Gosh, I believe that's simply impossible. I've been playing online games for decades, and a lot of them I have played addictively. That said, I bet if you took all of my online shooter stats from multiplayer from every game I've ever played, ever, I bet it would not equal out to one million kills. I don't know if you realize how crazy impossible 1,000,000 would be. Nobody would ever get it.

BLACKOUT in HDV
06-19-2012, 03:41 AM
Remove levels completely, show your Matchmaking Rank as an image like pre-TU3 Gears 2. But obviously better.

Ranks are boring. It's just a number and it proves nothing. Showing your MM rank would show TrueSkill rather than who played the longest.

I disagree.
I think an overall rank to show your game time is nice to see and what kinds of players your up against

BLACKOUT in HDV
06-19-2012, 03:42 AM
I would like top see them come up with something realistic that doesn't involve boosting

KO Victory
06-19-2012, 03:43 AM
I got 2.0 and that was bad enough, 3.0 I'm not even going to try.

I don't fancy idle boosting and leaving my Xbox on for weeks just for it to melt before GOWJ lol!

If there's a 4.0 I hope it's a little more reasonable imo. Seriously has always been about boosting this time I hope it's about skill.

Meuj
06-19-2012, 06:08 AM

That's just crazy. It took long enough to get 100,000 across the board in GoW2!

Carnagd
06-19-2012, 06:40 AM
I don't mind crazy requirements for a seriously achievement as long as I actually get a reasonable time to do it e.g. not like seriously 3.0 where you need to play 18000 mp games in 1 year and a few months! god on number 1 you only needed 10 000 kills in mp.

Predalian5
06-19-2012, 01:30 PM
I'm sure it will be something like "amass a total 5,000,000,000 minutes played"

That's unfortunate because 50 years is equal to 26,297,438.3 minutes

I woah I
06-19-2012, 04:38 PM
Are you crazy or seriously insane? with out re-ups i'd be terribly bored atm in gears.. i'm not a serious chaser, nor plan to be, so re-ups are what keep my taste atm

I Love U Jesus
06-19-2012, 04:38 PM
so your saying 50k kills online wouldnt be a waste of someones precious life? I can honestly admit to having 0 social life when gears 1 came out. And i only got 13k kills...

-xICooRsYIx
It's a lot less of a waste of one's life than brumak boosting for Seriously 2.0 or Seriously 3.0 bot grinding.

LordOfDeath
06-19-2012, 04:39 PM
seriously 4.0 achieve 400000 chainsaw kills any mode. Just joking,hoping it isnt something insane like seriously 3.0...now it is even more joke to get legit because GOWJ. It could be just get x amount ribbons x amount kills x amount NOT ONYX medals and x amount levels.

Perkinator2001
06-19-2012, 04:43 PM
how about earn the you serious ribbion which is dont die in ten ranked and completed matches

BLACKOUT in HDV
06-19-2012, 04:50 PM
seriously 4.0 achieve 400000 chainsaw kills any mode.

YESSsssssssss

Master Roshi
06-19-2012, 05:13 PM
I never said I was 'homeless'-- That was never part of my argument. So get the story straight. I have XBL, I have no problem with playing online or buying games, I'm not arguing because of the situation I'm in-- I guess that never dawned on you.

Jumipity, don't make me laugh-- Your only argument is people will boost and offline gamers aren't "hardcore" enough. Please, have a better reason. What do offline achievements have to do with you anyway, bragging rights? I paid for my game just like you, and if I CHOOSE to get them offline that should be an option. Evey body who is homeless isn't a gamer, and every gamer who doesn't have XBL isn't homeless... Your point of view is clearly pathetic-- You want an achievement for you "hardcore gamers" brag about them on XBL-- Not about XBL only.

That was never my argument at all.

My argument was that Seriously should go back to something that's obtainable without a serious grind. Making it obtainable offline would merit such things as Seriously 2.0 and Seriously 3.0. I want a Seriously achievement that isn't going to take 1.5+ years to get. The original Seriously was obtained by many players, without boosting, after a short 7-8 months of playing (it took me slightly longer, I needed 21,000 kills for it to unlock after all). A "fixed" version of the original Seriously would not only give hardcore players something to brag about (because we would certainly get it long before the casuals would), but would also make it obtainable without countless hours of boosting.

Learn2Read

I disagree.
I think an overall rank to show your game time is nice to see and what kinds of players your up against

It's one thing if you actually unlock something as you go. In Gears 3 I think there were 4 unlocks associated with your ranking level at launch? That's a bit boring and the level itself doesn't show skill. If they did something like, say, Halo did, where you can only get to a certain Rank Level by having a certain MM Level, that would show "TrueSkill" and time played. The way it is now is just a boring number. My opinion.

RoboSeal1
06-19-2012, 05:18 PM
Hope they dont come back, it sucked getting my hard earned gears 2 wings twice then having to get my wings again in gears 3 and yet again and again after reup

Let the reup and arcade colorful characters and weapon skins die in 3

RoboSeal1
06-19-2012, 05:20 PM
And im against ranked only achievements, rod even said he messed up by making gears 1 achievements ranked restriction

Ant Heuser
06-19-2012, 06:19 PM
That was never my argument at all.

My argument was that Seriously should go back to something that's obtainable without a serious grind. Making it obtainable offline would merit such things as Seriously 2.0 and Seriously 3.0. I want a Seriously achievement that isn't going to take 1.5+ years to get. The original Seriously was obtained by many players, without boosting, after a short 7-8 months of playing (it took me slightly longer, I needed 21,000 kills for it to unlock after all). A "fixed" version of the original Seriously would not only give hardcore players something to brag about (because we would certainly get it long before the casuals would), but would also make it obtainable without countless hours of boosting.

Learn2Read

It's one thing if you actually unlock something as you go. In Gears 3 I think there were 4 unlocks associated with your ranking level at launch? That's a bit boring and the level itself doesn't show skill. If they did something like, say, Halo did, where you can only get to a certain Rank Level by having a certain MM Level, that would show "TrueSkill" and time played. The way it is now is just a boring number. My opinion.

All the Seriously's have been about grinding, and can easily be boosted. I fail to see where GoWJ will be any different in the 'boosting section'? If somebody gets the achievement offline, you'll never know, because they'll never be online. I have friends who own 360's and don't have Xbox LIVE-- Offline gamers are still a part of the community, (they purchased the game, right?) I was once an offline gamer before I switched to live back in '03. And getting seriously doesn't make you 'hardcore', I don't have any of the seriously achievements-- S1.0, I never got because I only played Annex-- Kills didn't count, S2.0, I was Over Seas and busy working, and S3.0, I'm not boosting-- Does that make me any less of a 'hardcore' fan/ and or gamer? Also, you can't force people to play online ranked, I'm sure someone will complain because of bots in QM-- Seriously 4.0, still boosted. But regardless of player skill, hardcore, casual, offline, achievement hunter etc. Who cares, XBL shouldn't be a requirement. You voiced your opinion, I acknowledged it, and I expressed mine-- If you can't respect my POV, stop commenting, and this goes for every game, not just Gears.

julianwelton
06-19-2012, 06:44 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Seriously 4.0 was achieve Seriously 3.0.

HVAC Techie
06-19-2012, 07:09 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Seriously 4.0 was achieve Seriously 3.0.
To be honest, what I want for Seriously 4.0 is maybe earn all non-DLC achievements across all 4 games. Seems fair to me, anyways.

Orion
06-19-2012, 07:43 PM
i'd like epic to keep it simple and make it 1,000,000 kills in Mp.I was thinking about this, but 1million kills is stretching it a little. Just think, it's x10 that of Gears 2. I didn't even get Seriously 2.0 and I played that game just as much as I do 3, which is a lot. Though I see what you mean. 1,000,000 would follow a logical order seeing as S1 and 2 were 10,000 then 100,000 (x10 kills with each game).

250,000 sounds reasonable.

Master Roshi
06-19-2012, 07:52 PM
All the Seriously's have been about grinding, and can easily be boosted. I fail to see where GoWJ will be any different in the 'boosting section'? If somebody gets the achievement offline, you'll never know, because they'll never be online. I have friends who own 360's and don't have Xbox LIVE-- Offline gamers are still a part of the community, (they purchased the game, right?) I was once an offline gamer before I switched to live back in '03. And getting seriously doesn't make you 'hardcore', I don't have any of the seriously achievements-- S1.0, I never got because I only played Annex-- Kills didn't count, S2.0, I was Over Seas and busy working, and S3.0, I'm not boosting-- Does that make me any less of a 'hardcore' fan/ and or gamer? Also, you can't force people to play online ranked, I'm sure someone will complain because of bots in QM-- Seriously 4.0, still boosted. But regardless of player skill, hardcore, casual, offline, achievement hunter etc. Who cares, XBL shouldn't be a requirement. You voiced your opinion, I acknowledged it, and I expressed mine-- If you can't respect my POV, stop commenting, and this goes for every game, not just Gears.

There's just no talking to you. You spout the same thing each time without understanding where I was coming from.

Those of us who pay extra money to play and compete against others should get more benefit than that. We should get exclusive achievements. If you want the achievements, dish out the cash for a month card (only, what, $8?) or bum some 48 hour cards off friends.

tootybananas
06-19-2012, 08:01 PM
I was thinking about this, but 1million kills is stretching it a little. Just think, it's x10 that of Gears 2. I didn't even get Seriously 2.0 and I played that game just as much as I do 3, which is a lot. Though I see what you mean. 1,000,000 would follow a logical order seeing as S1 and 2 were 10,000 then 100,000 (x10 kills with each game).

250,000 sounds reasonable.

x amount of kills or x amount of time played would be satisfactory with me.
i think if they made it get so and so many kills/hours people wouldn't turn to boosting as much because it'd be doable regularly so why boost?

Master Roshi
06-19-2012, 08:05 PM
x amount of kills or x amount of time played would be satisfactory with me.
i think if they made it get so and so many kills/hours people wouldn't turn to boosting as much because it'd be doable regularly so why boost?

Unreal Tournament 3 has an achievement called "Get A Life" where you have to get 200 kills on 50 different days. Seems like that stops people from boosting because who doesn't get at least 200 kills a day when they pop Gears in?

OO629
06-19-2012, 10:32 PM
Seriously 4.0: win 9001 multiplayer games in a row (not private, progress reset when you lose/quit and turn off xbox)

I think everyone will have that achievement within a week of the game's release date.

Likuid Ice
06-19-2012, 10:40 PM
I just hope the speculated Seriously 4.0 won't take me three generations to complete. I don't want to have to pass the game onto my future kids and then to their future kids just to get one achievement. They are becoming increasingly more and more time consuming. Gears of War 3 was supposed to be the last installment so it was supposed to be difficult and a long grind. Hopefully, this one isn't so bad.

Ant Heuser
06-19-2012, 10:49 PM
There's just no talking to you. You spout the same thing each time without understanding where I was coming from.

Those of us who pay extra money to play and compete against others should get more benefit than that (I am one of those people). We should get exclusive achievements. If you want the achievements, dish out the cash for a month card (only, what, $8?) or bum some 48 hour cards off friends.

Stop saying ME, alright. This isn't about ME-- I pay the same money you do. I have XBL, but I don't care about achievements. Point in case, if a game is shipped with 1000 GS it should be achievable offline, if you want EXTRA achievements which is offered through DLC, fine. S4.0 should be DLC based, for all the 'hardcore' fans who want it. If you or anybody is paying for LIVE, then you should pay for XBL LIVE only achievements, or games that have achievements shouldn't be shipped, that can never be reached. Talk about not listening to anybody, you said I'm looking for sympathy, haha, right. And you're saying competing against somebody one on one or whatever through System link isn't competition?

Master Roshi
06-20-2012, 02:27 AM
Stop saying ME, alright. This isn't about ME-- I pay the same money you do. I have XBL, but I don't care about achievements. Point in case, if a game is shipped with 1000 GS it should be achievable offline, if you want EXTRA achievements which is offered through DLC, fine. S4.0 should be DLC based, for all the 'hardcore' fans who want it. If you or anybody is paying for LIVE, then you should pay for XBL LIVE only achievements, or games that have achievements shouldn't be shipped, that can never be reached. Talk about not listening to anybody, you said I'm looking for sympathy, haha, right. And you're saying competing against somebody one on one or whatever through System link isn't competition?

I don't get why you wish to continue this redundant nonsense. We've both said what we've needed to say and clearly butt heads on the issue. You are no longer contributing anything valuable to the conversation, so I'm ending it now.

Most XBox games have achievements that are only obtainable by playing online versus. I expect GoW:J to be no different.

Master Roshi
06-20-2012, 02:35 AM
To put my Seriously request in a different light:

I want it to be something that can be achieved naturally over time. Naturally as in, I don't have to use a specific gun or play a specific gametype or do [this] action X amount of times, where X is the circumference of my house in inches times four.

A no boosting required (it will obviously still be done, but that will be the case with anything they do) Seriously achievement. The only way to make this possible without making it overly easy would be to make it Ranked only, which would mean no offline capabilities.

Now do you understand where I'm coming from? When I say "for the hardcore player", I mean for someone who, like me, loves the game but hates having to boost for an achievement. Epic made Seriously 2.0 and 3.0 available to unlock offline and see what happened? Ridiculous numbers. Seriously 2.0 wasn't too bad, but Seriously 3.0 is a fallacy.

Jaggs
06-20-2012, 06:17 AM
How to NOT make Seriously 4.0:
- Make more than 100.000 kills (You guys seriously (hah, get it?) want to make more than 100.000 kills, after that huge grind in Gears 2? I see people saying 1 million kills... Get real, the weapon kills in Gears 3 are like 74.000 total and that's crazy in itself.)
- Make it about kills in ranked. Ranked was dead within 4 weeks in Gears 3, not including quick match would be stupid

How to make Seriously 4.0:
- Make it a "Did it all" achievement, all ribbons, level 100, Embry Star, with Horde Beast and Campaign on Insane. Played on all maps etc.
- Earn all 65 Onyx medals, BUT WHIP OUT THE FREAKING CALCULATOR FIRST and make sure the game types alone don't take 333 days of gameplay!
- Make it a "played for xx hours total". This way, it adds up no matter what you play, and making it like 150 hours is still pretty impressive. (also keeps it real as many people spend more than 100 hours on their favorite game)
- Make it an "earn 1.000.000 points" (or less, or more) achievement. This would mean that every method of play is rewarded. Are you a shotgun rusher that gibs everyone? Quick 175 points. Are you a support player that spots for +30 and then gets 80 assist points? Well don't worry, it still adds up. And being a team is still rewarded. Kill stealing won't matter as it won't be tied to an achievement.
- Make this a "OMG you didn't!" achievement, like "made 25 headshots online within 60 minutes"
- Or have the player have seperate ranks for each mode. (Overrun, Campaign, Horde, Beast, MP). It would rank a bit faster, but give out Seriously 4.0 if the player reaches 100 for each of these ranks. Re-upping would also be possible.

The Dixie Kid
06-20-2012, 07:58 AM
How to NOT make Seriously 4.0:
- Make more than 100.000 kills (You guys seriously (hah, get it?) want to make more than 100.000 kills, after that huge grind in Gears 2? I see people saying 1 million kills... Get real, the weapon kills in Gears 3 are like 74.000 total and that's crazy in itself.)
- Make it about kills in ranked. Ranked was dead within 4 weeks in Gears 3, not including quick match would be stupid

How to make Seriously 4.0:
- Make it a "Did it all" achievement, all ribbons, level 100, Embry Star, with Horde Beast and Campaign on Insane. Played on all maps etc.
- Earn all 65 Onyx medals, BUT WHIP OUT THE FREAKING CALCULATOR FIRST and make sure the game types alone don't take 333 days of gameplay!
- Make it a "played for xx hours total". This way, it adds up no matter what you play, and making it like 150 hours is still pretty impressive. (also keeps it real as many people spend more than 100 hours on their favorite game)
- Make it an "earn 1.000.000 points" (or less, or more) achievement. This would mean that every method of play is rewarded. Are you a shotgun rusher that gibs everyone? Quick 175 points. Are you a support player that spots for +30 and then gets 80 assist points? Well don't worry, it still adds up. And being a team is still rewarded. Kill stealing won't matter as it won't be tied to an achievement.
- Make this a "OMG you didn't!" achievement, like "made 25 headshots online within 60 minutes"
- Or have the player have seperate ranks for each mode. (Overrun, Campaign, Horde, Beast, MP). It would rank a bit faster, but give out Seriously 4.0 if the player reaches 100 for each of these ranks. Re-upping would also be possible.

This is the closest to the correct way I have seen yet.

As I said before, Seriously (Whatever) should be about the game as a whole and not about one mode.
In my opinion Seriously should be the last achievement you would get because getting it would mean that you got all of the achievements there are to get, and when I say ALL achievements I mean the ones in the DLC as well.

I know that some people are not going to agree with that but first and foremost it would make it where no one would get Seriously until all the DLC was out.
Second it would show your "Dedication" to Gears by getting all the DLC associated with the game and playing all of if 100% over however long Epic took to release it all.

I don't care if Epic wants me to do a certain thing a certain amount of times to obtain an achievement as long as it's not a grind and it comes through natural progression of playing the game and each of it's modes.

Lastly I think they need to dump the medals and mutators and all the other silly stuff and get back to the Gears Roots.

YiffYiff Hooray
06-20-2012, 08:10 AM
Let's make it harder than Seriously 3!

Play 500 Hours of every gametype:
Overrun
Beast
Horde
Versus
Campagin (Maybe not lol)

And, All onyx medals without ever playing a single private versus match or make boosting impossible. Then reach the highest re-up (Remove the boosting lol)

This would be the true test of endurance as people that don't mod this will spend 1000's of hour to get it :D

Btw, I'm completely serious...

Ant Heuser
06-20-2012, 08:15 AM
I don't get why you wish to continue this redundant nonsense. We've both said what we've needed to say and clearly butt heads on the issue. You are no longer contributing anything valuable to the conversation, so I'm ending it now.

Most XBox games have achievements that are only obtainable by playing online versus. I expect GoW:J to be no different.

Right, because your opinion has more value than mine? Trying to shoehorn people into playing ranked, really? What makes you more of a hardcore gamer than me or anybody else? The fact that you love achievements? Seriously 4.0, if it's called that, should be earn all achievements in GoWJ. Epic and PCF need to take a step forward, not backwards. You're just mad about boosters. Stop trying to alienate offline gamers to justify your reasoning. If you want somebody to get 10,000 kills in ranked then what about people who play only play QM, Horde, or only the Campaign? Why do they have to suffer and play something they don't like, it happened with S3.0. If people can only get kills online-- Online has bots as well as offline, I see no difference. The kills should count in any game mode...

YiffYiff Hooray
06-20-2012, 08:17 AM

Make it ten million and you have a deal sir, this is the best I've ever heard. I say possibly more because you earn A LOT of points in horde and arcade, but if it was higher it would balance that out.

Dirty Hairy
06-20-2012, 08:37 AM
For me, personally, this isn't Gears 4, so it shouldn't have a Seriously achievement tied to it.

By all means, make an achievement that has ridiculous requirements, but don't call it Seriously 4.0 or whatever.

Gee C Squared
06-20-2012, 08:37 AM
Right, because your opinion has more value than mine? Trying to shoehorn people into playing ranked, really? What makes you more of a hardcore gamer than me or anybody else? The fact that you love achievements? Seriously 4.0, if it's called that, should be earn all achievements in GoWJ. Epic and PCF need to take a step forward, not backwards. You're just mad about boosters. Stop trying to alienate offline gamers to justify your reasoning. If you want somebody to get 10,000 kills in ranked then what about people who play only play QM, Horde, or only the Campaign? Why do they have to suffer and play something they don't like, it happened with S3.0. If people can only get kills online-- Online has bots as well as offline, I see no difference. The kills should count in any game mode...

Getting achievements is a choice nobody is forced to go for them, if you like having big pretty numbers next to your games (like I used to, GS of 50,000) then your probably going to have to do things that you don't like a great deal, I have grown to hate games I loved in search of those lovely numbers. But the the rules on xbox state that a retail game must come with 1000 possible GS, now if multiplayer is part of the game I can't see why there shouldn't be multiplayer only achievements. If you don't play every aspect of the game why do you deserve the full GS?

And when I say you I mean offline gamers not you.

Thicketford
06-20-2012, 08:40 AM
...In my opinion Seriously should be the last achievement you would get because getting it would mean that you got all of the achievements there are to get, and when I say ALL achievements I mean the ones in the DLC as well.

I know that some people are not going to agree with that but first and foremost it would make it where no one would get Seriously until all the DLC was out.
Second it would show your "Dedication" to Gears by getting all the DLC associated with the game and playing all of if 100% over however long Epic took to release it all.

It wouldn't be possible. Under Microsoft's rules the original 1000 GS has to be achievable from the disc without purchasing extra peripherals or DLC.

TrueCore
06-20-2012, 08:44 AM
I really don't know if there's any use speculating whether we'll get an insane achievement in the line of Seriously... mind you, a lot of achievements in GOW3 fell under 'insane'... but is there any point denying or even questioning that they'll toss another Seriously achievement at us?

The only question is... exactly how mean could the next generation of Seriously be? Seriously was 10K kills, Seriously 2.0 was 100K, and 3.0 was 65 Insane Onyx Medals and Level 100. So 4.0... I think it'll be a button masher achievement, for sure.

My one worry is that the next game will incorporate re-ups into the achievements, and possibly 4.0, if that's the name they'll use for it. I'm not sure if re-ups for Judgement have been confirmed yet, but I'd be very surprised if there aren't any. I believe in GOW3 people got Level 100 within 2 weeks of release?

I guess we'll just have to wait and see if they both toss one at us and if they do, exactly how crazy it'll be. Any speculation?

I hope for a mixture of skill and time, like it was with the original Seriously. You had to do 10 000 kills, what took you a long time if you were a well player. If you didn't do well you were also able to get it, but it took you much longer. I think that was a fair compromise. Achievable for everybody, but faster for skilled players. And boosting wasn't the main aim of it. You got it by simply playing the gametypes you liked. That's why so many people liked it. So what could Seriously. J.0 look like? Maybe 10000 kills in multiplayer (gametypes with respawns should have a multiplier of 0.25 or something like that so that they are comparable to those done in one life gametypes) and win 4000 matches or something like that.

The Dixie Kid
06-20-2012, 08:44 AM
For me, personally, this isn't Gears 4, so it shouldn't have a Seriously achievement tied to it.

By all means, make an achievement that has ridiculous requirements, but don't call it Seriously 4.0 or whatever.

Agreed, Welcome to the forums. ;)

The Dixie Kid
06-20-2012, 08:52 AM
It wouldn't be possible. Under Microsoft's rules the original 1000 GS has to be achievable from the disc without purchasing extra peripherals or DLC.

You know what, you are correct sir, I had forgotten about that.

At any rate I stick by my statement that Seriously (whichever iteration they choose to call it, if there is one) should be based on the game as a whole.
Just because one chooses one mode over another doesn't mean people that like another mode aren't as "dedicated" as them.
I also don't get the whole ranked statement that some people are making, again because you play ranked means a person is more "dedicated" than another?

Ant Heuser
06-20-2012, 08:54 AM
Getting achievements is a choice nobody is forced to go for them, if you like having big pretty numbers next to your games (like I used to, GS of 50,000) then your probably going to have to do things that you don't like a great deal, I have grown to hate games I loved in search of those lovely numbers. But the the rules on xbox state that a retail game must come with 1000 possible GS, now if multiplayer is part of the game I can't see why there shouldn't be multiplayer only achievements. If you don't play every aspect of the game why do you deserve the full GS?

And when I say you I mean offline gamers not you.

And you're right, but me personally, I don't care about achievements. The point I was getting at is Seriously should be obtainable through all game modes. S.20 was the best of the 3, available through offline, MP, and Horde.

You know what, you are correct sir, I had forgotten about that.

At any rate I stick by my statement that Seriously (whichever iteration they choose to call it, if there is one) should be based on the game as a whole.
Just because one chooses one mode over another doesn't mean people that like another mode aren't as "dedicated" as them.
I also don't get the whole ranked statement that some people are making, again because you play ranked means a person is more "dedicated" than another?

Agreed.

Is XBL considered "extra"?

Gee C Squared
06-20-2012, 09:07 AM
And you're right, but me personally, I don't care about achievements. The point I was getting at is Seriously should be obtainable through all game modes. S.20 was the best of the 3, available through offline, MP, and Horde.

Then we're talking at cross purposes, I think all seriously achievements are stupid but that's the old achievement hunter in me talking. But IMO (and this sort of comes from the same view as my pervious post) seriously 3.0 was better (although time taken was OTT) because you had to play each aspect of the game not just pick one and grind.

Gee C Squared
06-20-2012, 09:10 AM
Is XBL considered "extra"?

No. (10 Chars)

ClearlyBalkan
06-20-2012, 09:12 AM

You're probably one of individuals who cried before re-up system how game is boring without it. #JustSayin

YiffYiff Hooray
06-20-2012, 09:14 AM
So what if we could use EPIC (Digital/Clear) gun skin in Judgment IF and only if you have all 4 seriously achievements? I would support this 1,000,000,000 Times over and probably more.

GreenJay
06-20-2012, 09:17 AM
As Judgement is a prequal it should be called: Serious!!!

Ant Heuser
06-20-2012, 09:20 AM
Then we're talking at cross purposes, I think all seriously achievements are stupid but that's the old achievement hunter in me talking. But IMO (and this sort of comes from the same view as my pervious post) seriously 3.0 was better (although time taken was OTT) because you had to play each aspect of the game not just pick one and grind.

Yup, I can agree on that OTT is true, that's why I don't care-- It drives me crazy! Hopefully the next iteration isn't as bad and I'll finally get a Seriously achievement...?

No. (10 Chars)

Really? Wow... I'm trying to find the achievement policy. It's not that I don't believe anybody, I just want to read it.

The Dixie Kid
06-20-2012, 09:24 AM

or "Why so Serious?".

I think people have gone overboard with the whole notion that Seriously should be this all Godly impossible Achievement to obtain and that anyone that has it should be looked upon as some sort of gaming saint that should be bowed to.

Ant Heuser
06-20-2012, 09:28 AM
or "Why so Serious?".

I think people have gone overboard with the whole notion that Seriously should be this all Godly impossible Achievement to obtain and that anyone that has it should be looked upon as some sort of gaming saint that should be bowed to.

If I could sig this I would lol

I woah I
06-20-2012, 09:37 AM
No, it should be called "Yes, I am Serious. "

Gee C Squared
06-20-2012, 09:41 AM
Yup, I can agree on that OTT is true, that's why I don't care-- It drives me crazy! Hopefully the next iteration isn't as bad and I'll finally get a Seriously achievement...?

Really? Wow... I'm trying to find the achievement policy. It's not that I don't believe anybody, I just want to read it.

First part: Yeah ditto.
Second: I had a quick look myself but couldn't find it. I 99% sure I'm telling the truth because I had many a rant in my chivo hunting days and the only stories I've heard of games breaking the rules was fable 3 and that was a different issue.

Master Roshi
06-20-2012, 05:32 PM

You understand it's one achievement out of 50. That's not alienating offline gamers at all. I'm not saying every achievement needs to be obtained on Ranked, just one.

Having the achievement be unlock all other achievements would be stupid.

My opinion does not have more value than yours, no. But your opinion is rather silly and selfish.

Not trying to shoehorn people into playing Ranked, no. That's not my point at all. My point is that we need a Seriously achievement that can be obtained without boosting. Only way to really do that is to make it Ranked only.

I never said I was more of a hardcore gamer than you or anyone else.

I do love achievements. The one true thing you've said thus far.

How am I mad about boosters? I don't like boosting, if you do: more power to you. I loathe the ACT of boosting, not the players who do it (except when it ruins an online experience, like idle boosting, or kill boosting with a friend on the opposite team or whatnot).

It seems to me like you aren't thinking your posts through at all. I see you served in the military, and I commend you for it and I respect you for it, but that does not mean you have the right to act like the self entitled prick you have been. An apology would be nice, that way we can just move on from this ... skirmish.

TerrorTwilight
06-20-2012, 05:59 PM
I honestly don't think they'll have a Seriously achievement. Since it's not a Delta Squad game, I just don't think they'll have it.

Not complaining. I enjoyed getting Seriously 1/2, but I don't think I'll ever bother with 3.

kboo521
06-20-2012, 06:38 PM

Well getting 50k kills is pretty much still showing waste in the game. Also each seriously does take dedication(why I have none of them) but it shouldn't be something you can boost easily

Ant Heuser
06-20-2012, 06:44 PM
You understand it's one achievement out of 50. That's not alienating offline gamers at all. I'm not saying every achievement needs to be obtained on Ranked, just one.

Having the achievement be unlock all other achievements would be stupid.

My opinion does not have more value than yours, no. But your opinion is rather silly and selfish.

Not trying to shoehorn people into playing Ranked, no. That's not my point at all. My point is that we need a Seriously achievement that can be obtained without boosting. Only way to really do that is to make it Ranked only.

I never said I was more of a hardcore gamer than you or anyone else.

I do love achievements. The one true thing you've said thus far.

How am I mad about boosters? I don't like boosting, if you do: more power to you. I loathe the ACT of boosting, not the players who do it (except when it ruins an online experience, like idle boosting, or kill boosting with a friend on the opposite team or whatnot).

It seems to me like you aren't thinking your posts through at all. I see you served in the military, and I commend you for it and I respect you for it, but that does not mean you have the right to act like the self entitled prick you have been. An apology would be nice, that way we can just move on from this ... skirmish.

First off, I'm not apologizing to anybody, you can nix that idea. If you're offended, oh well. It's the Internet and typed words have no emotions. 2nd, making it ranked only, people can still boost. I'm against boosters too. I guess that's the only thing we have in common. 3rd, how am I being selfish when it's available to everybody? The achievement I'm asking for has nothing to do with me. I think Kills should count in games modes.

Why is that only people who play ranked are more hardcore than people who don't? I hate Campaign, Horde and Beast, I find them boring. But that doesn't mean that people who enjoy these Game modes, and have online shouldn't be able to obtain it (they shouldn't be forced to play games modes they don't like). That way, if it is achievable through all modes, somebody offline can get it too. People are complaining about S3.0 not be able to get kills in Horde with weapons, why would Epic do it again? Kills in Gears 1 only counted in Execution and Warzone, not Annex. Gears 2 kills counted in all modes (I don't know if offline Horde counted). Gears 3 kills only counted in Vs.

Whether it was achievable offline or not it has nothing to boosting. People will always find a way to boost, it's true. S3.0 is flawed, no matter how hard somebody grinds offline they'll never get the achievement, because of one medal. I understand where you're coming from, but hey, I'm not going to change my mind. The achievement should come from enjoying the game, however somebody chooses to play it. That's not a lot to ask for, nor is it selfish.

Master Roshi
06-20-2012, 06:55 PM
The only thing I'll dignify with a response is;

"Why is that only people who play ranked are hardcore than people who don't?"

Campaign, Beast and Horde aren't competitive, therefore the players who stick straight to that are not "hardcore" (regardless of the dictionary's limited one definition of the word). Versus mode players are more hardcore than CBH players simply because it is a competitive scene. I reach for Ranked for the achievement because it would be harder to boost than if you allowed the kills in Quick/Public. I've said this several times now, but you just seem to overlook it.

You read maybe the first sentence of what I say and then skim the rest and type in an outrage over absolutely nothing.

I'm done, though. There's simply no talking to you. Also, no where in the XBL Achievement Policy does it say games cannot have online, versus only achievements and, as I've said before, most games have them.

Ant Heuser
06-20-2012, 07:14 PM
It's a win/win scenario because it's all speculation.

Tonyth
06-20-2012, 07:15 PM
Nothing should be made achieveable in private, seriously 3.0 is a joke because of that, boosting fest lol.
When did people start caring about others boosting?
I personally dont boost as its boring. However if someone wants to boost what difference does it make to you? The problem with Seriously 3.0 is that the only way you can get it is through boosting. There isnt enough time to get it otherwise.
Boosting aside though. Ofcourse everything should be acheivable offline. Pull yerself together man, dont be ignorant.

My opinion on seriously 4.0. It should be insane! but things such as the game mode ones.. Tone it down!
I beleive i play gears a lot and I havent even played 200 games total never mind 3000 in one game mode. Its just ridiculous.

Ant Heuser
06-20-2012, 07:18 PM
When did people start caring about others boosting?
I personally dont boost as its boring. However if someone wants to boost what difference does it make to you? The problem with Seriously 3.0 is that the only way you can get it is through boosting. There isnt enough time to get it otherwise.
Boosting aside though. Ofcourse everything should be acheivable offline. Pull yerself together man, dont be ignorant.

My opinion on seriously 4.0. It should be insane! but things such as the game mode ones.. Tone it down!
I beleive i play gears a lot and I havent even played 200 games total never mind 3000 in one game mode. Its just ridiculous.

Wow, somebody who agrees with me.

Lftdaporch
06-20-2012, 09:40 PM

Those of us who pay extra money to play and compete against others should get more benefit than that. We should get exclusive achievements. If you want the achievements, dish out the cash for a month card (only, what, $8?) or bum some 48 hour cards off friends.

with this logic i should have exclusive achievements just for buying the epic edition. making achievements only available online is an elitist attitude. some people play systemlink only, some can not have accesss to live, some have poor internet and online play is frustrating to them due to their connection. bottom line is if the consumer purchases a game all content on that game should be available to them without having to do anything extra. of course there is dlc which is only available as a seperate purchase, but epic still keeps the old playlists for those with no dlc. having an elitist attitude is a very narrow frame of thought. and imo it is just plain wrong.

Ant Heuser
06-20-2012, 10:28 PM
with this logic i should have exclusive achievements just for buying the epic edition. making achievements only available online is an elitist attitude. some people play systemlink only, some can not have accesss to live, some have poor internet and online play is frustrating to them due to their connection. bottom line is if the consumer purchases a game all content on that game should be available to them without having to do anything extra. of course there is dlc which is only available as a seperate purchase, but epic still keeps the old playlists for those with no dlc. having an elitist attitude is a very narrow frame of thought. and imo it is just plain wrong.

Another person who agrees with me :) I was trying to convey the same point, but I came off as rude and self absorbed. Thanks for justifying my POV

Dirty Hairy
06-21-2012, 03:46 AM
If they do go with a new Seriously type achievement, then they should balance it between all game modes and not just one.
If people want it to include getting 50,000 kills in Ranked matches, then fine, that's fair enough. However, it should also then include getting a certain amount of kills in Horde, Campaign and all the other modes. If you want it to be a way to show your "dedication" to the game, then it should show your dedication to the game as a whole and not just one aspect of it.
Look at the commendations in Halo Reach. Now that is how it should be done and also how S3.0 should have been done from the very start.

Also, this strange, elitist attitude that somehow people who play competitive modes are more hardcore than those that don't. Please, get over yourselves. If anything, you're the least hardcore and dedicated of all the Gears players. You play the game one way and one way only, different strategies and play styles are needed for the other modes. By ignoring those modes and choosing to play one only you're limiting your experience of the game and only sampling a percentage of what the whole game offers. Call yourselves more competitive by all means, but don't, under any circumstances, consider yourselves more hardcore or dedicated.

Ant Heuser
06-21-2012, 04:25 AM
If they do go with a new Seriously type achievement, then they should balance it between all game modes and not just one.
If people want it to include getting 50,000 kills in Ranked matches, then fine, that's fair enough. However, it should also then include getting a certain amount of kills in Horde, Campaign and all the other modes. If you want it to be a way to show your "dedication" to the game, then it should show your dedication to the game as a whole and not just one aspect of it.
Look at the commendations in Halo Reach. Now that is how it should be done and also how S3.0 should have been done from the very start.

Also, this strange, elitist attitude that somehow people who play competitive modes are more hardcore than those that don't. Please, get over yourselves. If anything, you're the least hardcore and dedicated of all the Gears players. You play the game one way and one way only, different strategies and play styles are needed for the other modes. By ignoring those modes and choosing to play one only you're limiting your experience of the game and only sampling a percentage of what the whole game offers. Call yourselves more competitive by all means, but don't, under any circumstances, consider yourselves more hardcore or dedicated.

I agree :) Thumbs up!

Terra D Serph
06-21-2012, 07:25 AM
I think I would like a more well-thought-out title, first of all. "Seriously 4.0" is just making it all "copy-paste for the next game," which is already getting old, if you ask me. Also, this is a prequel, so a "4.0" would be weird since this is technically before "Seriously..."

The Dixie Kid
06-21-2012, 08:11 AM
I think I would like a more well-thought-out title, first of all. "Seriously 4.0" is just making it all "copy-paste for the next game," which is already getting old, if you ask me. Also, this is a prequel, so a "4.0" would be weird since this is technically before "Seriously..."

I agree with the already getting old part.
To be quite honest I think Seriously is becoming antiquated and unnecessary.

Bazinga-A7X
06-21-2012, 09:18 AM
Honestly, I really hope they tone this puppy down a bit. If they are doing a Seriously, and it's called 4.0, then make it a flat 1,000,000 kills with the kills earnable in Campaign, VS (Private & Public) , and Horde/Beast Overun, whatever. They could also tie it to a a series of medals that have hard to achieve levels, but not the ****ing insanity we have in G3 ( 3000 of each game type). No matter what they do, the achievement will be boosted, idled or grinded, so who really cares.

I mean, none of the VS guys really complained about Seriously 2.0 once the Brumack boost was discovered. Actually that was good as kill count boosting stayed out of VS Public. The horde guys were fine with it as well, as that play style is more cover and camp, and even a lousy VS player was able to make progress by turning to Horde. Anybody that wanted Seriously 2.0 knew exactly what they had to do, and it was done in Private and did not effect online play.

Assuming Arcade and easy mutators make a return, making it 1,000,000 is appropriate as Super Reload allows players to crank up kills in Horde & Arcade at an insane pace no matter the difficulty setting. And we all know no matter how much play testing Epic does, somebody will figure out an exploit ( either checkpoint placement or a map design) that will crank up either xp and kills etremely quickly.

ExecutionWTF
06-21-2012, 09:27 AM
Like Gears of war 1. Get 10 000 Kills In RANKED Matches. But make it 25 K kills now instead in RANKED. This would make the game a whole lot better. And if they could remove the Quick match system :)

Bazinga-A7X
06-21-2012, 09:32 AM
Like Gears of war 1. Get 10 000 Kills In RANKED Matches. But make it 25 K kills now instead in RANKED. This would make the game a whole lot better. And if they could remove the Quick match system :)

Prepare to be flamed. Hope you are joking.

ExecutionWTF
06-21-2012, 09:34 AM
I brought up my own oppinion and if people don't like it go ahead and flame on! Couldn't really care less!
Prepare to be flamed. Hope you are joking.

Bazinga-A7X
06-21-2012, 09:38 AM
So you liked the glitched up mess that was Seriously, where people could exceed the 10,000 required by several thousand and still not unlock it. You want to get rid of QM the most popular VS match, for Ranked which consist of nothing but stacked teams and occasional randoms and bots. You want to tick off all Horde, Beast and Arcade players. If EPIC did what you asked the community would rage at them. You are stuck in the past bro.

ExecutionWTF
06-21-2012, 09:40 AM
Yes i loved the past more than i do know actually. As i said my oppinion is my oppinion. Haters gonna hate.

The Dixie Kid
06-21-2012, 09:50 AM
A million kills is far too much and just increases the grind ten fold.
If Epic is showing us anything with GOWJ it is that there are other games and even others within it's own franchise.

I still have friends that were grinding on Seriously 2.0 when Gears 3 came out, the first thing out of their mouth was F-Seriously 3.0, I haven't even gotten 2.0 yet.
Some of them bought the game to give it a shot (they have already given up) others bought it and played through the campaign and a little of the rest of the modes and haven't touched it since, others have already traded it in.
Some have bought some of the DLC and others are so turned off they didn't buy any.
Now we have an announcement of GOWJ seven months after Gears 3 and we are speculating on what it's iteration might be.

The sad thing is, some of those same friends are getting so turned off by the grind of Seriously that they don't even want to bother getting GOWJ to have yet another unobtainable achievement.

The grind is getting old, Why should I have to show my dedication to a game by grinding for an achievement for the next five years?

I really think Epic is making a mistake with all this grind.

Edit to add.

With the possibility of the next Xbox being released Holiday 2013 there is also the possibility that we will get Gears 4 as a launch title.

The time frame from Gears 3 to GOWJ is one thing but what about the time frame of GOWJ to Gears 4?
Do we really want a handful of Gears games to grind on?
I certainly don't.

Bazinga-A7X
06-21-2012, 11:52 AM
With the possibility of the next Xbox being released Holiday 2013 there is also the possibility that we will get Gears 4 as a launch title.

The time frame from Gears 3 to GOWJ is one thing but what about the time frame of GOWJ to Gears 4?
Do we really want a handful of Gears games to grind on?
I certainly don't.

I highly doubt that. I mean the Gears title as a next-gen launch title. With PCF taking up Gears, GOWJ is simply a nice big filler during the "dark period" most game companies are entering as teh next-gen issue is hashed out. I expect Epic to come out with a new IP for Next Gen, not another Gears.

Bazinga-A7X
06-21-2012, 11:55 AM
Yes i loved the past more than i do know actually. As i said my oppinion is my oppinion. Haters gonna hate.

Nope not hateing, just your view excludes large portions of the Gears community. Only a fraction still plays ranked, and to put an achievement in that favors that one group to the exclusion of all the rest is not good marketing for a game company.

The Dixie Kid
06-21-2012, 04:21 PM
I highly doubt that. I mean the Gears title as a next-gen launch title. With PCF taking up Gears, GOWJ is simply a nice big filler during the "dark period" most game companies are entering as teh next-gen issue is hashed out. I expect Epic to come out with a new IP for Next Gen, not another Gears.

Let's look at it in terms of the Gears release timeline.

Gears of War Released November 7, 2006
In 2007, Epic Games acquires Polish developer People Can Fly.
Gears of War PC Released June 11, 2007 with PCF.
Gears of War 2 announced in February 2008 at GDC.
Gears of War 2 Released November 7, 2008 exactly two years later from GOW.
April 7, 2010 Cliff's new announcement is delayed on Jimmy Fallon's show.

I think Microsoft got with Epic and halted the November 2010 release because they felt it would conflict with Halo: Reach and Kinect.
Microsoft then mysteriously "slipped up" and announced Gears 3 for April 2011 during Cliff's "schedule conflict' giving Epic no choice but to now go with the April 2011 date.
So in my opinion (absolutely no facts to back it up) Gears 3 was supposed to be out on it's regular two year schedule of November 2010 making GOWJ right on Schedule with a November 2012 release date or as Cliff put it " Early 2013-ish" (what does that mean? -ish?).

Now that PCF and the other hand full of studios Epic now owns are in the picture, Gears of War could Easily become the next Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed franchise and be released yearly.

If GOWJ (for some reason) get's an early release date say sometime during the 12 days of Gearsmas would anyone really complain?
We know PCF is primarily working on GOWJ so that leaves Epic free to work on Gears 4.

What better to showcase their new engine than to release their valued billion dollar I.P. as a launch title on the next Xbox?

With PCF and Epic both working on their Gears titles you could easily have the same scenario that you had with Infinity Ward and Treyarch and Call Of Duty.

PCF doing the Prequel trilogy or WWII era and Epic doing the Continuation trilogy or Modern day stories if you will.

All I'm asking is to look at it with an open mind.

Bazinga-A7X
06-21-2012, 04:34 PM
Let's look at it in terms of the Gears release timeline.

Gears of War Released November 7, 2006
In 2007, Epic Games acquires Polish developer People Can Fly.
Gears of War PC Released June 11, 2007 with PCF.
Gears of War 2 announced in February 2008 at GDC.
Gears of War 2 Released November 7, 2008 exactly two years later from GOW.
April 7, 2010 Cliff's new announcement is delayed on Jimmy Fallon's show.

I think Microsoft got with Epic and halted the November 2010 release because they felt it would conflict with Halo: Reach and Kinect.
Microsoft then mysteriously "slipped up" and announced Gears 3 for April 2011 during Cliff's "schedule conflict' giving Epic no choice but to now go with the April 2011 date.
So in my opinion (absolutely no facts to back it up) Gears 3 was supposed to be out on it's regular two year schedule of November 2010 making GOWJ right on Schedule with a November 2012 release date or as Cliff put it " Early 2013-ish" (what does that mean? -ish?).

Now that PCF and the other hand full of studios Epic now owns are in the picture, Gears of War could Easily become the next Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed franchise and be released yearly.

If GOWJ (for some reason) get's an early release date say sometime during the 12 days of Gearsmas would anyone really complain?
We know PCF is primarily working on GOWJ so that leaves Epic free to work on Gears 4.

What better to showcase their new engine than to release their valued billion dollar I.P. as a launch title on the next Xbox?

All I'm asking is to look at it with an open mind.

I hear ya, but GOWJ really look like a DLC project that grew large enough to stand on its own. So we benefit.

However, EPIC handing over there baby to PCF tells you that the core Gears crew is now working on other stuff, and they have taken a supervisory role. Have to admit, if you were one of Epic's level designer's or artists, 7 years of making marble columns and concrete blocks has to be tiring. I forget where Cliffy B said it, as he was talking about Fortnite, that his staff was jumping at the opportunity to work on something visually different.

Also have to remember IP's get tired, cant keep hanging you hat on one hook, and hope for the best. They need to expand there library of offerings.

No, I bet they have something completely differenet in store for us for the next-gen, something that will make Gears look like Pong when they are done.

Also I shudder to think Gears will bet treated and abused like COD and AC. I used to love AC, but now (meh), and COD is just the same repainted **** year after year.

iFirework
06-21-2012, 04:56 PM
Seriously... - 10,000 Online Kills, however became an issue with people dropping out and kills not registering if less than 6 people were not present.
Seriously 2.0 - 100,000 kills Overall - Was a bit of a grind however people used the Brumak level to get 200 kills every 10 minutes, however this was still a grind and took forever.
Seriously 3.0 - Too many people complain about the Intensity of this version, due to the 65 medals, especially with the issues of some medals becoming glitched, corrupted saves causing further issues, then others complaining about the fact others started boosting for the medals...

It's doubtful of if anything tricky to obtain a balance for a dedicated achievement in games to be placed, Kills wouldn't be a great option due to the 5 v 5 system of Gears in comparison to other shooters which can have up to 18 people in one match, making it near enough ideal for those kind of achievements.

Medals and badges are also a pain when limited and with excessive amounts, it is 3000 matches in one game-mode for a Onyx Medal in that specific game mode, as well as 6000 kills for EACH weapon, of which all weapons vary in range, power and other issues... this accumulated to around 15,000 matches and 30,000 kills. that alone in real time would take an excessive amount of time.. that's besides the other medals such as map specific weapon kills e.g. Heavy weapons, Fire, and so forth.

If a new Seriously was to be created then the PCF devs should try integrate themselves into the community and find out what people would actually strain to achieve, without giving too much away, such as find out would people rather get medals and such, what limit would they want on a medal dependant on the requirement, would they rather kill X amount of people, Play X amount of hours and so forth.

If any seriously however was to be created my idea would be as follows:

X amount of kills across ALL game modes.
Reach X rank (Not Necessarily top rank.. depends on the EXP rates, total amount for top level and so forth)
Complete all possible encounters on Insane or highest difficulty. (Campaign, Beast, Horde etc)
Have an overall completion rate above X%.

This way you're not stuck doing the same thing, as all will accumulate to EVERYTHING, kills will go towards your rank, hence doing two at the same time, doing all horde, beast, campaign and so forth accumulates to completion rate, as well as difficulties. and over-all sounds hard but not over-excessive, but that's my opinion anyway.. the problem with these kind of achievements is people start to throw themselves off the sanity wagon a little.

Master Roshi
06-21-2012, 05:07 PM
If people want it to include getting 50,000 kills in Ranked matches, then fine, that's fair enough. However, it should also then include getting a certain amount of kills in Horde, Campaign and all the other modes.

That's actually not a bad idea.

10,000 kills in Ranked.
10,000 kills in Quick.
10,000 kills in Campaign.
10,000 kills in Beast.
10,000 kills in Horde.

50,000 kill total, half of what Gears 2 was, but spread out over 5 modes. I could dig it.

Bazinga-A7X
06-21-2012, 05:14 PM

10,000 kills in Ranked.
10,000 kills in Quick.
10,000 kills in Beast.
10,000 kills in Horde.

50,000 kill total, half of what Gears 2 was, but spread out over 5 modes. I could dig it.

That idea sucks. Again forces people to play game modes they do not want to. Plus 20,000 require online capability. Last, take a good look in GOW3, ranked is a ghost town.

GearsPro23
06-21-2012, 05:28 PM
I Like the Medals but to be honest I'm never going to be able to get Seriously 3.0.

Ive got 44 Onyx Medals and that took Forever to get.Most of the rest are Gold,but when you get gold its always at least 2x more kills,matches,etc.

I hope they put Medals on Gow:J ,but don't make it a requirement to get them all.

I hope they keep Weapon Skins,Ribbons,Mutators,and Horde Forts which I'm sure they will

Seriously 4.0 should be based just off Kills like 1 and 2.

GearsPro23
06-21-2012, 05:29 PM
True True...

GearsPro23
06-21-2012, 05:32 PM
That idea sucks. Again forces people to play game modes they do not want to. Plus 20,000 require online capability. Last, take a good look in GOW3, ranked is a ghost town.
True True...

Ant Heuser
06-21-2012, 05:48 PM
Sure, 50,000 kills in what ever you enjoy playing-- Everybody is happy. Kills shouldn't be limited to online only. Make it an achievement you enjoy getting, not one you have to grind out in specific game mode. My POV still stands, stop neglecting offline gamers, they're just as dedicated.

HVAC Techie
06-21-2012, 05:50 PM
I'unno. It comes down to personal preference. Some people prefer ranked, some prefer QM. Some don't mind online capability, some loathe it. Some like all modes, some can only stand one. If you make it easier than the last 3, it falls out of the pattern Seriously have taken. This is why I just want Seriously '4.0' to be what I said in the title - all achievements of the previous 3 games and the with-the-disc non-DLC achievements of Judgement. Let's not make it too complicated, and make it just sort of a blowout kind of Seriously.

Ant Heuser
06-21-2012, 05:55 PM
I'unno. It comes down to personal preference. Some people prefer ranked, some prefer QM. Some don't mind online capability, some loathe it. Some like all modes, some can only stand one. If you make it easier than the last 3, it falls out of the pattern Seriously have taken. This is why I just want Seriously '4.0' to be what I said in the title - all achievements of the previous 3 games and the with-the-disc non-DLC achievements of Judgement. Let's not make it too complicated, and make it just sort of a blowout kind of Seriously.

Only problem with this is, it's against M$ policy-- Achievements have to be achievable through the disk alone and no added peripherals, e.g., XBL, games or added DLC

HVAC Techie
06-21-2012, 06:07 PM
Only problem with this is, it's against M$ policy-- Achievements have to be achievable through the disk alone and no added peripherals, e.g., XBL, games or added DLC
So what about in Forza 4, where the achievement "Forza Faithful" for 15G involves you importing a file from Forza 3?

Ant Heuser
06-21-2012, 06:13 PM
So what about in Forza 4, where the achievement "Forza Faithful" for 15G involves you importing a file from Forza 3?

That's importing a file from a previous game, not unlocking an achievement from another game. ME has the same thing. Now, if you mean import a game save from Gears 1, 2, and 3 and it unlocks something that's different. Look up the achievement policy yourself.

HVAC Techie
06-21-2012, 06:20 PM
That's importing a file from a previous game, not unlocking an achievement from another game. ME has the same thing. Now, if you mean import a game save from Gears 1, 2, and 3 and it unlocks something that's different. Look up the achievement policy yourself.
Hm. That's such a thin line, it really is. I would've thought actually re-buying or renting a game for an achievement, under the assumption you didn't still own it, would be worse than just having an achievement(s) from a previous game contribute to an achievement.

Ant Heuser
06-21-2012, 06:25 PM
Hm. That's such a thin line, it really is. I would've thought actually re-buying or renting a game for an achievement, under the assumption you didn't still own it, would be worse than just having an achievement(s) from a previous game contribute to an achievement.

Yeah-- I never even knew that "Forza faithful" achievement existed, who knows what they'll do. M$ seems to bend the rules here and there...

HVAC Techie
06-21-2012, 06:28 PM
Yeah-- I never even knew that "Forza faithful" achievement existed, who knows what they'll do. M$ seems to bend the rules here and there...
Sorta reminds me how they have the no-free-update thing, and then Notch managed to go and get a limited amount for his game for free.

The Dixie Kid
06-21-2012, 07:52 PM
I hear ya, but GOWJ really look like a DLC project that grew large enough to stand on its own. So we benefit.

However, EPIC handing over there baby to PCF tells you that the core Gears crew is now working on other stuff, and they have taken a supervisory role. Have to admit, if you were one of Epic's level designer's or artists, 7 years of making marble columns and concrete blocks has to be tiring. I forget where Cliffy B said it, as he was talking about Fortnite, that his staff was jumping at the opportunity to work on something visually different.

Also have to remember IP's get tired, cant keep hanging you hat on one hook, and hope for the best. They need to expand there library of offerings.

No, I bet they have something completely differenet in store for us for the next-gen, something that will make Gears look like Pong when they are done.

Also I shudder to think Gears will bet treated and abused like COD and AC. I used to love AC, but now (meh), and COD is just the same repainted **** year after year.

You have to admit hanging your hat on one hook has worked well with Activision and the COD franchise, year after year we think the franchise will finally flop but year after year it's beats it's sales from the previous year, I will fully admit that I buy it every year.

With Epic purchasing so many developers their next logical step would be to move into a publisher's role.

At this time they have acquired

Polish developer People Can Fly.
On May 20, 2008, Epic Games acquired Chair Entertainment.
In 2008, a Chinese division, Epic Games China, was opened in Shanghai, It is through this division that Epic owns Titan Studios.
Titan Studios was dissolved in July 2011 and Epic Games China has since been renamed Yingpei Games.
Epic Games Korea, operates in Seoul, South Korea.
Epic Games Japan, which is based in Tokyo, is used for game engine licensing and support.
On June 2012, Epic opened a new studio, Epic Games Baltimore, made up of members of 38 Studios' Big Huge Games.

That is a lot of developers all over the world, surly those people are not sitting around on their thumbs, I'm quit sure they are expanding Epic's library of offerings.

ExecutionWTF
06-21-2012, 07:59 PM

10,000 kills in Ranked.
10,000 kills in Quick.
10,000 kills in Beast.
10,000 kills in Horde.

50,000 kill total, half of what Gears 2 was, but spread out over 5 modes. I could dig it. I love that idea ! :)

M Carmine
06-21-2012, 09:00 PM
Technically, shouldn't it be Seriously 0.5 or 0.0? Think about it... I know Gears 4 but it IS taking place the earliest.

Unless they rename Seriously in Gears 1 to Seriously 1.0

ExecutionWTF
06-21-2012, 09:05 PM
Technically, shouldn't it be Seriously 0.5 or 0.0? Think about it... I know Gears 4 but it IS taking place the earliest.

Unless they rename Seriously in Gears 1 to Seriously 1.0 True.. But it would just mess up the so called "Tradition" :b

Kryll Perch
06-21-2012, 09:11 PM
People can Fly may come up with their own unique achievements, I am going out on a limb and say there will not be a seriously achievement.

Dirty Hairy
06-22-2012, 02:19 AM
People can Fly may come up with their own unique achievements, I am going out on a limb and say there will not be a seriously achievement.

That would actually make for a nice refreshing change. They're in a no win situation from the start anyway. No matter how they do it not everyone will be happy. Why not eliminate that possibility alltogether and not have a Seriously achievement. This is their own Gears game, which is allegedly going to be another triology I believe.
Why not set a marker from the off and say "This is our own game and not Epic's. We'll do it our way!" Having no Seriously in their version of Gears would also eliminate the headache of trying to come up with more of them for the next installments in their games.
It would certainly put their own stamp on the game and make it feel an awful lot less like Gears Lite. Imitation may well be considered the greatest form of flattery, but it's also a huge indication of lack of original thought and ideas and laziness.
I guess a lot will depend on how much creative freedom they're given by Epic as I'm sure they've got their own ideas of what they want to do and who knows, they could come up with something even better than Epic have done. It's definitely not beyond the realms of possibility.

HVAC Techie
06-22-2012, 02:38 AM
That would actually make for a nice refreshing change. They're in a no win situation from the start anyway. No matter how they do it not everyone will be happy. Why not eliminate that possibility alltogether and not have a Seriously achievement. This is their own Gears game, which is allegedly going to be another triology I believe.
Why not set a marker from the off and say "This is our own game and not Epic's. We'll do it our way!" Having no Seriously in their version of Gears would also eliminate the headache of trying to come up with more of them for the next installments in their games.
It would certainly put their own stamp on the game and make it feel an awful lot less like Gears Lite. Imitation may well be considered the greatest form of flattery, but it's also a huge indication of lack of original thought and ideas and laziness.
I guess a lot will depend on how much creative freedom they're given by Epic as I'm sure they've got their own ideas of what they want to do and who knows, they could come up with something even better than Epic have done. It's definitely not beyond the realms of possibility.
Yeah, Bulletstorm achievements weren't too grindy, so if Bulletstorm commanded the achievements, it'd go well. But, Epic. So, eek.

RoboSeal1
06-22-2012, 03:35 AM
How about just getting all achievements assuming they are semi challenging like gears 2 (beat the meatflag I still hate you)

yorkshireman123
06-22-2012, 05:38 AM

Hi good point but i see problem now gears 2 people on there went nuts when people took there down's so trueskill would have to me measure in another way but still i good idea.

The Dixie Kid
06-22-2012, 07:15 AM

Agree.

I see a lot of people cringing at PCF's involvement but I look forward to seeing what the come up with using a fresh pair of eyes so to speak.

The other thing people should consider is Epic has owned PCF since mid 2007, we have no idea how much real behind the scenes involvement they have had with Gears 2, any of it's DLC, Gears 3 and any of it's DLC and we already know they worked on Gears 1 PC (Which to be honest, I thought was better than the console version).

I'm sure they have done something right to impress Epic enough to let them handle the next installment of Gears.

Master Roshi
06-22-2012, 01:11 PM

Sure, 50,000 kills in what ever you enjoy playing-- Everybody is happy. Kills shouldn't be limited to online only. Make it an achievement you enjoy getting, not one you have to grind out in specific game mode. My POV still stands, stop neglecting offline gamers, they're just as dedicated.

So you both want to be baby-fed achievements. I see.

Quit making stuff up as you go along.

Seriously 1.0 and all of the weapon achievements on Gears 1 required you to have XBL. You had to get them on Ranked games.

There's an achievement on Quake 4 for being in the top 10 all time, and another achievement for being number 1 all time. More achievements that include kills, flag captures, numbers of certain "ribbons" obtained (such as Excellent, or Combo Kill). All of these require XBL.

Rainbow Six: Vegas has an achievement for using the XBL Vision Camera. You have to take a picture of your own face and put it on your character.

Someone already mentioned the Forza Faithful achievement, so I won't bring that up again.

Oh, and did I mention DLC comes with achievements?

HVAC Techie
06-22-2012, 01:33 PM

Seriously 1.0 and all of the weapon achievements on Gears 1 required you to have XBL. You had to get them on Ranked games.

There's an achievement on Quake 4 for being in the top 10 all time, and another achievement for being number 1 all time. More achievements that include kills, flag captures, numbers of certain "ribbons" obtained (such as Excellent, or Combo Kill). All of these require XBL.

Rainbow Six: Vegas has an achievement for using the XBL Vision Camera. You have to take a picture of your own face and put it on your character.

Someone already mentioned the Forza Faithful achievement, so I won't bring that up again.

Having read the achievement policy, allow me to address your comment accordingly:
1. He's not really making stuff up as he goes along. I would also recommend you read the policy yourself, helps for a better understanding and all that.
2. "Seriously ..." and many other achievements ARE exclusive to XBL, there's no specific ruling against that. He was wrong there. I'm not really sure what he meant by that, having him further explain what he meant might help, I'm a little fuzzy myself. And yeah, the achievement for getting to the top of the universal leaderboard is in "Ghost Recon - Advanced Warfighter".
3. There's a lot of odd achievements here and there. Achievements that can only be earned through Kinect, achievements involving imported save files, achievements for linking with online websites, and all kinds of crazy jazz. However, as Binocularz said, there cannot be any achievements earned, either directly or indirectly over more than one game, through earning another achievement. That's why the "Member of the Old Guard" wasn't made into an achievement in Gears 3 with other requirements, but rather a medal.
4. What he means by "games or added DLC" is he means the achievements that come with the disk cannot be earned in any way, shape or form, or in part by any achievements from DLC or achievements from other games; you need to be able to get the achievement without any special hoopla.
5. Achievements are confusing.

weeeeitsme
06-22-2012, 02:20 PM
Hope there is a Seriously achievement, and that its super hard

Terra D Serph
06-22-2012, 02:35 PM
I don't think you guys realize; this isn't PCF's game. This is Epic's. Epic hired PCF to help them with the creation aspect. They weren't like "Oh PCF, take the reigns, we're going shopping for a bit." They were a big help with the game, just like their involvement in the other three.

Master Roshi
06-22-2012, 03:02 PM
I don't think you guys realize; this isn't PCF's game. This is Epic's. Epic hired PCF to help them with the creation aspect. They weren't like "Oh PCF, take the reigns, we're going shopping for a bit." They were a big help with the game, just like their involvement in the other three.

Everything I've read says that PCF is doing Gears Judgment with heavy involvement from Epic which, I would think, implies that it's PCF's project and Epic is helping.

Clone Recon
06-22-2012, 03:11 PM
99,999,999 kills in multiplayer... :rolleyes: that would be insane.

HVAC Techie
06-22-2012, 09:05 PM
99,999,999 kills in multiplayer... :rolleyes: that would be insane.
And really stupid. That'd be worse than GRAW's universal leaderboard achievement.

Bazinga-A7X
06-22-2012, 09:56 PM

Nope, I like a good challenge. However your idea sucks !!!! The major complaint about Seriously 3.0 is being forced play game modes. Who the **** wants to play 3000 matches of Wingman. So you brilliant idea is to force players to play Ranked, a playing ground loaded with stacked teams and clans, where the solo player is dead-meat out of the gate or ends up playing bots anyway. Brilliant lets force people that do not like or want to play Ranked, to have to play Ranked. Let's piss off Horde players. Let's piss off Beast players. Let's piss off Arcade players. Let's piss off QM players. That's why your idea sucks.

Bazinga-A7X
06-22-2012, 09:58 PM
Everything I've read says that PCF is doing Gears Judgment with heavy involvement from Epic which, I would think, implies that it's PCF's project and Epic is helping.

PCF's project. Epic overseeing, Epic in charge of MP.

Master Roshi
06-23-2012, 02:15 AM
Nope, I like a good challenge. However your idea sucks !!!! The major complaint about Seriously 3.0 is being forced play game modes. Who the **** wants to play 3000 matches of Wingman. So you brilliant idea is to force players to play Ranked, a playing ground loaded with stacked teams and clans, where the solo player is dead-meat out of the gate or ends up playing bots anyway. Brilliant lets force people that do not like or want to play Ranked, to have to play Ranked. Let's piss off Horde players. Let's piss off Beast players. Let's piss off Arcade players. Let's piss off QM players. That's why your idea sucks.

My idea "sucks" because:

You have no friends that play Gears
You aren't good at Gears
You don't use a mic and/or communicate effectively, including spotting
You stick to one type of gamemode and don't experiment, this ties in with point number 2

An achievement should be a challenge. Something that's hard to get, but achievable without grind-boosting for a long period of time. Your logic dictates that my idea is stupid because people like you aren't good at Gears. Cry me a river. You'll get better while trying for the achievement! You won't get good at something by not playing people better than you are, sticking to one base gamemode is awfully silly and shouldn't warrant you access to the hardest achievement on disc.

I'll say it again, you want achievements baby-fed to you. Want a silver platter too?

Chimpangee
06-23-2012, 11:19 AM
Max mp level+campaign completed on max difficulty+complete horde on max difficulty(if there will be horde on Gowj)

And prevent level boosting.

GearsCat
06-23-2012, 11:34 AM
My idea "sucks" because:

You aren't good at Gears
You stick to one type of gamemode and don't experiment, this ties in with point number 2

An achievement should be a challenge. Something that's hard to get, but achievable without grind-boosting for a long period of time. Your logic dictates that my idea is stupid because people like you aren't good at Gears. Cry me a river. You'll get better while trying for the achievement! You won't get good at something by not playing people better than you are, sticking to one base gamemode is awfully silly and shouldn't warrant you access to the hardest achievement on disc.

I'll say it again, you want achievements baby-fed to you. Want a silver platter too?

Your idea is good, don't get me wrong.

I just think Seriously 4.0 shouldn't force you to play any game type, instead how about beating Campaign on Insane, level 100, etc.

Ant Heuser
06-23-2012, 11:48 AM
My idea "sucks" because:

You aren't good at Gears

I seriously LoL'd no wonder they removed your other comment.

Clayman XIII
06-23-2012, 11:51 AM
I seriously LoL'd no wonder they removed your other comment.

It'd be easier if they just removed him.

Clone Recon
06-23-2012, 11:54 AM
And really stupid. That'd be worse than GRAW's universal leaderboard achievement.

very true.

Ant Heuser
06-23-2012, 12:13 PM

Nope, I don't need them to baby feed me anything. And DLC achievements are a different topic, (the initial 1000 GS has to be achievable through the disk alone) unless you want S4.0 to be based off DLC... I'd suggest you read the achievement policy yourself before you say I'm making stuff up.

Dirty Hairy
06-23-2012, 12:46 PM
If we can't agree on what it should be like before it comes out, I dread to think how vast the differing opinions will be once we finally see it.

I doubt there's any way they could make it so no one's pissed off.

Ant Heuser
06-23-2012, 12:56 PM
If we can't agree on what it should be like before it comes out, I dread to think how vast the differing opinions will be once we finally see it.

I don't care what it is, I wont be going for it anyway. I don't need achievements to show my dedication to a franchise and I sure as hell don't need them to make me enjoy a game. What ever it is, the achievement whores can have all the fun grinding it out. If I so happen to get it in the midst of enjoying the game, so be it, it'll just add to my GS.

Bazinga-A7X
06-23-2012, 06:00 PM
Agree with above

Dirty Hairy
06-24-2012, 08:39 AM
Then why bother posting in a thread soley dedicated to discussing it?

I'm not saying where and when anyone can post. Just trying to understand the logic behind posting numerous times in a thread talking about something you have absolutely no interest in.

You've antagonised a few people for no other reason than you want to. Least that's the way it comes across to me seeing as you've no vested interest in the outcome of the dicussion.

There are a plethora of things I don't care about. One thing I would not do is waste my time and energy talking about them and arguing with people who do care.

JamieJR_Croft
06-24-2012, 09:26 AM
I think that 1000 kills from each weapon and killing 999 of each type of locust class would be cool and 999 of each type of COG class just too keep it even.
what do you think?

Ant Heuser
06-24-2012, 01:22 PM
Then why bother posting in a thread soley dedicated to discussing it?

I'm not saying where and when anyone can post. Just trying to understand the logic behind posting numerous times in a thread talking about something you have absolutely no interest in.

You've antagonised a few people for no other reason than you want to. Least that's the way it comes across to me seeing as you've no vested interest in the outcome of the dicussion.

There are a plethora of things I don't care about. One thing I would not do is waste my time and energy talking about them and arguing with people who do care.

Nothing wrong with discussing your POV-- It's a forum, everybody is wasting time and energy.

Master Roshi
06-24-2012, 09:20 PM
Distasteful. ^

YiffYiff Hooray
06-25-2012, 04:39 AM
Seriously 4.0 - Kill an Epic employee. :D

TrueCore
06-25-2012, 05:14 AM
I think that 1000 kills from each weapon and killing 999 of each type of locust class would be cool and 999 of each type of COG class just too keep it even.
what do you think?

I really really dislike you're idea. Why? You have to play with weapons you don't like and you have to be careful which charakter you choose (rarely used characters will be hunted). ==> Really really bad idea

Louix BlenkTron
06-25-2012, 05:42 AM
Unreal Tournament 3 has an achievement called "Get A Life" where you have to get 200 kills on 50 different days.
I maybe late to arrive in this thread, but this style of achievement is probably one of the better ones. As noted, prevents boosting and adds a bit of longevity to the game. Maybe 200 kills on 200 different days? at least you have a set amount of time before the achievement starts popping up en mass.

Louix BlenkTron
06-25-2012, 05:50 AM

Unless they rename Seriously in Gears 1 to Seriously 1.0

My idea if we keep with the serious name
Seriously Judged
Or
Serious Business

TrueCore
06-25-2012, 06:08 AM
I maybe late to arrive in this thread, but this style of achievement is probably one of the better ones. As noted, prevents boosting and adds a bit of longevity to the game. Maybe 200 kills on 200 different days? at least you have a set amount of time before the achievement starts popping up en mass.

That's a pretty good idea. But you have to make a difference between gametypes with and without respawns. I propse this:

Seriously J.0: Get 200 kills (KoTH, TDM, Annex, Guardian) or 100 kills (Execution, Warzone, Wingmen) on 200 different days.

STOMP yo feet
06-25-2012, 10:42 PM
My idea for seriously 4.0 is Execute 1,000 lvl 100 or re up opponets in any mode ranked and quick matchs only.

HVAC Techie
06-26-2012, 04:28 PM
My idea for seriously 4.0 is Execute 1,000 lvl 100 or re up opponets in any mode ranked and quick matchs only.
Let me think - no.

Yep, it's the human condition. We all think differently, and there's nothing you could get every human on Earth to agree with. And definitely not in this community, even. Some people are just a casual gamer that just wants to enjoy the campaign. But Cliff wants to make the game harder. Solution? Casual difficulty. But as for a solution for Seriously, we know Epic. Every Seriously gets more insane. The next one is going to be even more insane than the last three, and there's not much we can do to change that. We can suggest all these different things that don't even come close to matching up with 1, 2 or 3... but when it comes right down to it, 4.0 will be grindy as hell, our opinions be damned. I only hope this one has some skill involved - even legit, Seriously 3.0, sans a few medals, is just all more grinding.

GTRandy
06-26-2012, 04:58 PM
i dont think i'll ever get 3.0 .... 2.0 im like 4,000 kills away which I could attain easily, but I started gow 1 late so i didnt get seriously 1.0

Yap
06-27-2012, 03:44 AM
I'm definitely going for S4.0. Dunno why but I feel like I need it to get a better job, make my son and wife-to-be happy, stop environment pollution and stuff like that. That's why I got Seriously 3.0 - it worked!

Dirty Hairy
06-27-2012, 07:49 AM
However insane, ridiculous and grindy they make it, if they do actually make it for this game. It needs to be balanced across ALL game modes. There should be no bias towards one particular mode, every mode has it's own fans and no one should feel marginalised just because they have a preference for one mode over another.

HVAC Techie
06-27-2012, 01:41 PM
However insane, ridiculous and grindy they make it, if they do actually make it for this game. It needs to be balanced across ALL game modes. There should be no bias towards one particular mode, every mode has it's own fans and no one should feel marginalised just because they have a preference for one mode over another.Yeah, 3.0 tossed you into every Game Mode, from Beast to Horde to Arcade to the 6 basic gametypes.

Gorgon Freeman
06-27-2012, 02:10 PM
don't be so sure about anther ridiculous seriously. if anything i bet it will be a dulled down version of Seriously 3.0

HVAC Techie
06-27-2012, 11:36 PM
don't be so sure about anther ridiculous seriously. if anything i bet it will be a dulled down version of Seriously 3.0
I'd seriously doubt it.

RΛVMzilla
06-27-2012, 11:44 PM
Let's just hope this incarnation of Seriously is reasonable and actually has a level of prestige to it.

No more 40 day marathons for Your Xbox 360 kids, The Bots'll miss You!

Hate the Sawed-Off
06-28-2012, 03:01 AM
I would really like it to return to it's roots as you said.

SKN Clanrat
06-28-2012, 10:31 AM
i love the seriously 3.0 achievment and all the re-ups i wont be stoping re-uping till i get the 400. granted id like to see the numbers for some of the onyx medals toned down abit,not alot but abit. but i love the seriously 3.0 challenge

the taco ninja
06-28-2012, 10:48 AM
i want it to be called "Serious Gear"-have every achievement in every gears game

Victimizer
06-28-2012, 12:25 PM
30,000/40,000 kills in ranked and quick matches sound reasonable, especially in respawn gametypes. And please, don't make private matches count again. Ever.

MxcnPro12
06-28-2012, 12:41 PM
1,000,000 kills in Multiplayer (any mode)

Sounds hard but for boosters it shouldnt be too hard..

HVAC Techie
06-28-2012, 01:56 PM
1,000,000 kills in Multiplayer (any mode)

Sounds hard but for boosters it shouldnt be too hard..
Personally I'd prefer any mode, from Horde to Beast to Campaign to normal multiplayer. Sort of like what we all thought Seriously 3.0 was going to be, and then wasn't, because Epic decided to kick it up a notch.

Sly Reflex
06-28-2012, 02:08 PM
I hope it's not a kills one. If anything that just promotes people to killsteal. Make it so that you have to get points of damage so that any kill stolen only add 10 points to the thieves counter. The person that did the work should get the lions share.

aids0109
06-28-2012, 05:30 PM
lolz if its called Seriously Baird

The Dixie Kid
06-28-2012, 09:09 PM
I hope it's not a kills one. If anything that just promotes people to killsteal. Make it so that you have to get points of damage so that any kill stolen only add 10 points to the thieves counter. The person that did the work should get the lions share.

The 70,000+ needed for all the various weapons and executions didn't do that in Gears 3?

HVAC Techie
06-30-2012, 05:18 PM
People will killsteal either way. All for the sake of points.

lXl Spotter lXl
07-01-2012, 07:32 PM
This isnt an original Gears game its all new and People can Fly is making it so that means its a 2/10 chances that Seriously 4.0 wont be in Judgment.

HVAC Techie
07-02-2012, 03:48 AM
This isnt an original Gears game its all new and People can Fly is making it so that means its a 2/10 chances that Seriously 4.0 wont be in Judgment.
Even if EPIC is taking a backseat, saying they won't toss in their two cents about the gist of the game is like saying Bulletstorm didn't have any swear words in it.

Demonz II
07-05-2012, 05:14 AM
How about get 1,000,000 kills, just to see whether the boosters would actually do it.

ExtraSpectre
07-05-2012, 11:02 AM
Whatever it is I hoped they learned from ****ing it up so bad this time around.

Practically nobody will have 3.0 legit by the time Judgement is released.

Savvy Noob
07-05-2012, 01:46 PM
how about ser 4.0 achievement is get 100,000 downs (then no one will be stealing kills , yay)

Jim Tuna
07-05-2012, 01:48 PM
The new achievement should be called "Seriously?"

The requirements are to get 1 kill.

People would be like, seriously?

Savvy Noob
07-05-2012, 01:51 PM
I'd say no. There's nothing wrong with 5v5, more action this way.

And the less people the more powerful power-weapons get, I'd rather not have the Boomshot guarantee a win in 4v4 execution.

wrong thread bud

Jim Tuna
07-05-2012, 01:53 PM
I'd say no. There's nothing wrong with 5v5, more action this way.

And the less people the more powerful power-weapons get, I'd rather not have the Boomshot guarantee a win in 4v4 execution.

lmao, this is the Seriously thread.

ExtraSpectre
07-05-2012, 01:54 PM
Dem Tabs :o

aiden2011
09-06-2012, 01:15 PM
seriously 4.0 should either amassing 1,000,000 kills from every game mode or to get the embry star, no retarded ranked kills.

Spitfire MLG
09-06-2012, 02:11 PM
Seriously 4.0 should be: Get 10000 kills combined in ranked Warzone/Execution. And this time it should come with a Gamerpicture!

Chaosjak93
09-07-2012, 06:13 PM
I think Seriously 4.0 will be like 3.0, meaning that you have to get a certain number of Onyx Medals in order to get it. That's what I'm thinking.

Brash Smurf
09-07-2012, 06:15 PM
Idle boost 100,000 matches
Kill 100,000 casual bots

Viewing the hue
09-07-2012, 10:52 PM
Smoke tags 100,000,000 teabaggers

Zaulik
09-08-2012, 03:06 AM
I want a "Seriously 0.5" since it's a prequel. Leave the "4.0" for the true sequel!

Terra D Serph
09-08-2012, 03:45 AM
I want a "Seriously 0.5" since it's a prequel. Leave the "4.0" for the true sequel!

I've said this at least 4 times. I want it to be named(or at least the medal title) "...And don't call me Shirley." I think I even made a thread about it. :D

PopeAdrian37th
09-08-2012, 04:40 AM
And this time it should come with a Gamerpicture!

Yes. I still haven't changed my gamerpicture since getting the original seriously.

The Last Fighter
09-09-2012, 07:04 AM
I like your idea Terra!

BillSoup32
09-09-2012, 10:01 AM
Seriously 4.0 might be just for Pressing Start at the main menu.

Since people tried to get the Previous 3 Seriously's, Epic is probably thinking let's not go to hard on them this time around and then they put "Seriously...Easiest..Seriously..EVER" Just by Pressing start.

TerrorTwilight
09-09-2012, 01:11 PM

This! Seriously 3.0 is not fun, not even a little bit. I'd like to see "X amount of kills in Ranked Matches" or "X number of kills with X weapon in Ranked matches" or something along those lines. Epic screwed up big time with Seriously 3.0, hope they don't make the same mistake again.

DanTheGamer11
09-09-2012, 02:36 PM
Earn Seriously 1, 2 and 3 and unlock everything in Gears Judgement which will might be the worst grind fest yet... unless PCF are nice to us and acknowledge that Seriously 3.0 is terrible

AlbinoBlacKsheep
01-07-2013, 06:02 PM
Funny how optimistic most of you are it will be that easy lol...I'm nervous for 4.0 and its definitely coming

Victimizer
01-07-2013, 06:17 PM
You can't implent an achievement in a retail achievement list which requires other games to obtain, MS policy. Therefore your idea can't (and should never) be done.

Seriously 4.0, if that's what we're going to call it, should be hard but obtainable but I have no idea what it should be.

rigemeister
01-07-2013, 09:09 PM
If Judgment is truly supposed to be in the spirit of letting people play "how they want to play," its Seriously requirements will be nothing like 3.0's. 3.0 kept you from playing how you wanted to play and required that you play in every way possible. Don't like to use the retro? Too bad, you have to. Don't like wingman? Sorry, you have to play it. Not a fan of Beast? Well, we've got bad news for ya...
The requirements should be hard, but not ridiculous, and they shouldn't require you to play in a way that isn't fun to you. i think something general that everyone can obtain, like kills, or points, or wins would be nice.

PopeAdrian37th
01-07-2013, 09:31 PM
I want another seriously achievement, but I just don't want it to be similar to 3.0. Killing enemies is one thing but grinding repetition is not what I consider fun.

R E 7 I2 O
01-07-2013, 10:12 PM
Seriously4.0 re up 100 times lol

H A W K E Y E
01-07-2013, 10:20 PM
Hopefully it won't require boosting like 3.0. That just never really seemed legit to me.

FA7AL!
01-07-2013, 10:33 PM

Scale that number back by like 500,000 and it seems possible.

1,000,000 is rather absurd and will do nothing but cause people to boost assuming they will count kills in private matches.

R3D Diesel
01-07-2013, 10:58 PM
Seriously4.0 re up 100 times lol

A 10-ranked ReUp system would be a perfect achievement requirement for Seriously 4.0. XP is universal. Do as you please.

Medals are there if you want to unlock them.

Cobryza
01-07-2013, 11:01 PM
I'd like it to just be 100,000 kills to how it was in Gears 2. It wasn't perfect but it was way better than GoW1&3's Seriouslys.

RamblingWreck
01-07-2013, 11:17 PM
I'm hoping it just has something to do with getting kills like in the first two games. Seriously 3.0 was Epic saying "if you get this, you have no life." Don't make us boost for it.

Fithero
01-07-2013, 11:22 PM
Seriously 3.0 was Epic saying "if you get this, you have no life."

And yet those of us who still don't have it, feel like utter failures... :(

Whatever Seriously 4.0 is, I'll gun for it from the very day of release and I won't stop till I get it! (I'll be sure to beat campaign on Insane Arcade first too... I regret doing it normal on Insane, then having to go back and do it Arcade Insane for gears 3)

iphan4tic
01-08-2013, 01:13 AM
3.0 is way too out of reach for most people. I dont want to have to boost like mad for all those medals, and I dont like half the game modes.

Ive played fairly regularly since GoW 3 came out, and Ive only just got Onyx Veteran (4000 matches). Id have to play another several thousand more (the way the game is declinin, not goin to happen) and play modes i dont enjoy. Not to mention i dont use retro/SO so 6k kills is not going to happen. And arcade is mind numbingly boring, as is horde and beast after several hundred waves. Make 4.0 difficult but PRACTICAL.

Terra D Serph
01-08-2013, 01:17 AM
I like your idea Terra!

Didn't even see this. I'm glad it was revived so I could say this:

Thanks! :D I think so too. :p

HystericalSoul
01-09-2013, 08:36 PM
My guess of Seriously 4.0, get 1,000 kills in every game mode and reach level 100.

Brodieman
01-09-2013, 08:45 PM
I'm sure 3.0 was designed to keep us all playing Gears 3..but, it backfired and actually made a lot of people stop playing due to attempting it and having their soul sucked from their body

I hope if there is a 4.0, it's a bit more achieveable and fun to play/work towards.

Tompozz93
01-20-2013, 08:31 AM
I have boosted the game types, was easy i work nights so just left running, however i am hoping seriously 4.0 if its happening, will not make me want to dismember my arm and make love to myself with that dismembered arm, as i am sick of staring at silver 500/6000 heavy kills

I have 53/65 so close but the grind of heavys is a joke.

LordOfDeath
01-20-2013, 09:03 AM
"seriously 4.0" Play GOWJ more than 10hours in MP