PDA

View Full Version : Recoil

DaRkNeSs
06-16-2012, 06:47 PM
So we know the HB will now have a lot more recoil; apparently it kicks to the sky after the fourth bullet shot. A certain other weapon, the Retro Lancer, is likely making a return so will this have similar recoil? Because with no stopping power, a huge recoil and the 2-piece fixed (failed Retro charge stuns the user) then this game will be perfect :D

Parasidian
06-16-2012, 06:53 PM
To quote Baird "Those things could stop a truck, as long as the recoil didn't dislocate your shoulder". :D

Evanescence
06-16-2012, 06:53 PM
apparently it kicks to the sky after the fourth bullet shot.

Woah, That's crazy! The Hammerburst is going to be a beast. .

Coleyman
06-16-2012, 06:54 PM
To quote Baird "Those things could stop a truck, as long as the recoil didn't dislocate your shoulder". :D

If it's any consolation, I am a firm advocate of dislocating the shoulders of Retro Lancer users.

DaRkNeSs

The recoil in G3 is managable though once you memorise it

Woah, That's crazy! The Hammerburst is going to be a beast. .

Forces you to burst-fire, and stops people using modded controllers

DaRkNeSs
If it's any consolation, I am a firm advocate of dislocating the shoulders of Retro Lancer users.

Sig worthy. Cba changing mine though...

SQuirrel147
06-16-2012, 06:55 PM
I noticed in some of the gameplay we have, the Lancer seems to have a bit more recoil it's self. Along with it looks less accurate when you hip-fire. And if the HB has more recoil like in Gears 2 (Or more) then the retro better have crazy recoil or it won't make any sense.

I'd rather they just removed the retro TBH. Or change it to be a single fire weapon for mid-long range. Which would make no sense canon wise.

SQuirrel147
06-16-2012, 06:56 PM

Sigging this lol!

Evanescence
06-16-2012, 06:56 PM
Forces you to burst-fire, and stops people using modded controllers

Burst firing a Hammerburst lol. .

JBIVZ
06-16-2012, 06:57 PM
Well i sure hope that if the hammerburst has THAT much recoil, that it either puts out more damage or has a larger clip. I dont know how many times i will down somebody with a hammer but not get the kill because i have to reload.

DaRkNeSs
I noticed in some of the gameplay we have, the Lancer seems to have a bit more recoil it's self. Along with it looks less accurate when you hip-fire. And if the HB has more recoil like in Gears 2 (Or more) then the retro better have crazy recoil or it won't make any sense.

I'd rather they just removed the retro TBH. Or change it to be a single fire weapon for mid-long range. Which would make no sense canon wise.

Lancer could do with a bit more recoil. I too would like the Retro removing but like you said - doesn't match the canon. I'd propose for the Retro to kick really far left and right or be a forced burst-fire gun (3 round bursts like G1 HB)

Parasidian
If it's any consolation, I am a firm advocate of dislocating the shoulders of Retro Lancer users.Indeed, well said. XD

DanTheGamer11
06-16-2012, 06:58 PM
Can't wait to see how this will play out

DaRkNeSs
06-16-2012, 06:58 PM
Burst firing a Hammerburst lol. .

Like it was meant to be. It's not the Hammerauto. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it originally called a HammerBurst because it had a lot of damage (HAMMER) in a burst (BURST)

Well i sure hope that if the hammerburst has THAT much recoil, that it either puts out more damage or has a larger clip. I dont know how many times i will down somebody with a hammer but not get the kill because i have to reload.

You just need to burst-fire it...

SQuirrel147
06-16-2012, 07:01 PM
I don't think the HB will have that much recoil. If you played in the last Stay Frosty event, they added insane amounts of recoil. But you could spam the trigger for 4-6 shots until it got to be to much. Which is great IMO.

Lancer could do with a bit more recoil. I too would like the Retro removing but like you said - doesn't match the canon. I'd propose for the Retro to kick really far left and right or be a forced burst-fire gun (3 round bursts like G1 HB)

I like the left to right idea. But again, I'd rather they just removed it. BTW, pretty sure the G1 HB was a 6-shot burst.

JBIVZ
06-16-2012, 07:02 PM
Hammerburst needs something like a chainsaw or bayonet... But what? Iron sights suck.

III HOOP III
06-16-2012, 07:02 PM
Hmm, I was hoping to see it changed to a burst (3 or 6) like Gears 1.

LambentHammerburst
06-16-2012, 07:03 PM
Hammerburst needs something like a chainsaw or bayonet... But what? Iron sights suck.
Iron Sights are amazing.
In Overrun pictures - it shows the HB can pop heads. Perfect reason for inclusion of Iron Sights.

DaRkNeSs
06-16-2012, 07:03 PM
I don't think the HB will have that much recoil. If you played in the last Stay Frosty event, they added insane amounts of recoil. But you could spam the trigger for 4-6 shots until it got to be to much. Which is great IMO.

I like the left to right idea. But again, I'd rather they just removed it. BTW, pretty sure the G1 HB was a 6-shot burst.

Not sure about G1 HB - never use it haha. Horizontal kick would be good imo, but yeah removing it = <3 :D

Grenade launcher?

trollface.png

DaRkNeSs
06-16-2012, 07:04 PM
Iron Sights are amazing.
In Overrun pictures - it shows the HB can pop heads. Perfect reason for inclusion of Iron Sights.

I took a pic of the HB getting a headshot in OverRun :D

JBIVZ
06-16-2012, 07:08 PM
Iron Sights are amazing.

Oh well if it can get headshots thats a different story

JBIVZ
06-16-2012, 07:08 PM
Not sure about G1 HB - never use it haha. Horizontal kick would be good imo, but yeah removing it = <3 :D

Grenade launcher?

trollface.png

Lol hedge clippers.

DaRkNeSs
06-16-2012, 07:09 PM
Oh well if it can get headshots thats a different story

Probably can't in MP. It used to be able to in early builds of G2 but was removed due to balancing issues

SQuirrel147
06-16-2012, 07:12 PM
Iron Sights are amazing.

Probably won't have that ability in MP. If it did, that would be horribly unbalanced, most likely anyway. And I for one dislike Iron Sights. I wish I had the normal zoom like in Gears 2.

JBIVZ
06-16-2012, 07:15 PM
Well the iron sights just dropped in my opinion again. The hammerburst is the only gun with no way of killing effectively at close range...

Maaaaaz
06-16-2012, 08:28 PM
Is this for real?
The HB is the perfect rifle!
It's perfectly balanced. It doesn't need recoil. The only time someone wtfpwns you with it is when they're good with it- both fast speed AND deadly accuracy.

This news makes me sad.

WaldoRtk7
06-16-2012, 08:32 PM
Is this for real?
It's perfectly balanced. It doesn't need recoil. The only time someone wtfpwns you with it is when they're good with it- both fast speed AND deadly accuracy.

This news makes me sad.

From the mouth of Quinn DelHoyo on the Floor of E3. It's not balanced at all right, the amount of rounds you can shoot without any recoil make it OP.

Jukebox360
06-16-2012, 08:45 PM
This is good to hear, but for the Retro, I think they should just make it a 3 round burst weapon to have some diversity between the full auto lancer and semi auto hammerburst.

Maaaaaz
06-16-2012, 08:49 PM
From the mouth of Quinn DelHoyo on the Floor of E3. It's not balanced at all right, the amount of rounds you can shoot without any recoil make it OP.

It's easily the least used rifle, because it actually takes some semblance of skill to be effective with.
Most balanced out of all starting weapons, just before the SO.

SQuirrel147
06-16-2012, 08:54 PM

Did Quinn say anything else interesting that you don't have in your article?

Sabbath91
06-16-2012, 08:56 PM
Is this for real?

This news makes me sad.

It's easily the least used rifle, because it actually takes some semblance of skill to be effective with.
Most balanced out of all starting weapons, just before the SO.

This!!! A million this's !!! I have always said the HB and SOS are the only 2 balanced starting weapons. (Though i would argue the SOS is most balanced but thats unimportant right now)
The never ending lancer? The Retro that could stop an oncoming train with stopping power? The Gnasher that could legitimatly use a scope nd he says the hammy is op? Is Quinn ok?

Joseph Ballin
06-16-2012, 08:59 PM
Hammerburst recoil in exchange for heavy damage was the reason it was my favorite gun in Gears 2. I'm glad they're ditching the piss laser.

WaldoRtk7
06-16-2012, 09:00 PM
Did Quinn say anything else interesting that you don't have in your article?

Pete and Quinn both did, but they weren't on the show floor, so I'm professionally not allowed to talk about private conversations publically :)

SQuirrel147
06-16-2012, 09:11 PM
Pete and Quinn both did, but they weren't on the show floor, so I'm professionally not allowed to talk about private conversations publically :)

-___________________________-

When will you be able to?

WaldoRtk7
06-16-2012, 09:27 PM
-___________________________-

When will you be able to?

When Epic announces them

SQuirrel147
06-16-2012, 10:22 PM
When Epic announces them

I see we aren't getting anywhere with this lol.

Maaaaaz
06-17-2012, 09:01 AM
This!!! A million this's !!! I have always said the HB and SOS are the only 2 balanced starting weapons. (Though i would argue the SOS is most balanced but thats unimportant right now)
The never ending lancer? The Retro that could stop an oncoming train with stopping power? The Gnasher that could legitimatly use a scope nd he says the hammy is op? Is Quinn ok?

Exactly lol. If all the other starting weapons could be balanced round HB/SO the game would be much better.