PDA

View Full Version : Judgment weapon returns

Danth3man
06-15-2012, 09:09 AM
The hammerburst 1 should return because This game is in the past, the retro should also come back because it was used like a year before judgment started. They could have put the hammerburst 1 in RAAMS shadow, but instead they put e hammerburst 2.0.

TAO Devil
06-15-2012, 09:10 AM
The hammerburst has never changed in canon. The gun ONLY changed mechanically because it worked better than the burst fire.

Think Gorgon. Never changed in the story, we just got full auto rather than burst fire.

DanTheGamer11
06-15-2012, 09:10 AM
People gonna come and say gun models aren't canon, gameplay reasons etc.

ValeraPitiesDaFool
06-15-2012, 09:11 AM
Story-wise, the gun never changed.

I really think people should be focusing on the Gears 2 and Gears 3 Hamburgerburst changes. Right now, they're messing up the Gears 2 and 3 Hamburgerburst. IMO.

Danth3man
06-15-2012, 09:13 AM

I really think people should be focusing on the Gears 2 and Gears 3 Hamburgerburst changes. Right now, they're messing up the Gears 2 and 3 Hamburgerburst. IMO.

What the crap

shen Gaoren AJ
06-15-2012, 09:13 AM
I totally agree on what you said. Everything is ture.

ValeraPitiesDaFool
06-15-2012, 09:14 AM
What the crap
Inside joke from an old thread.

Masteralex09
06-15-2012, 09:25 AM

In Close Range, the Hammerburst might as well shoot hamburgers, It might actually hurt them.

WaldoRtk7
06-15-2012, 09:33 AM
The hammerburst 1 should return because This game is in the past, the retro should also come back because it was used like a year before judgment started. They could have put the hammerburst 1 in RAAMS shadow, but instead they put e hammerburst 2.0.

Epic said before the launch of Gears of War 3, no more burst fire weapons. Unless something has miraculously changed, that's not going to happen. And they modified the Hammerburst or Mark 4 so that you have to burst fire it in semi-auto so that it doesn't completely throw your aim off. I also didn't see a retro in OverRun or hear mention of one.

LeoTheGreat
06-15-2012, 09:39 AM
There won't be a Retro. I can imagine there being a scene where a COG tries to Retro Charge a Locust and the blade snaps on the 'thick locust skin'. And the COG gets bodied. I'm calling it. lol But yeah Retro Lancer were somewhat useless on E-day.

Matt S
06-15-2012, 09:40 AM

No one cares.......almost no one, i should say

Clone Recon
06-15-2012, 09:44 AM
I would love this weapon back. i voted yes. Maybe not in story cause canon but multiplayer, sure.

tyrvas
06-15-2012, 12:13 PM
I voted YES!! :cool:

http://images.wikia.com/gearsofwar/images/6/68/Hammerburst.jpg

I WOULD LOVE THAT,
EPIC & PCF DO IT, PLEASE!!!
;)

Gears3 has 2 lancers, why not 2 HB versions.

Use of Retro Lancer in Gears3 was due to weapon shortage.

Use of Classic or Prototype Hammerburst in GoWJ could be that...

Locust use all available weapons during E-Day, sending in
blitzkrieg special squads to attack CoG military sites, just
imagine squads of Locust Commandos who are equiped with
the ProtoBurst (i like this name for the Classic Hammerburst).

LambentHammerburst
06-15-2012, 12:29 PM
http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/913953-This-needs-to-be-added-even-if-it-s-just-MP-only

Made this exact request.
It's nice to see more and more are requesting/supporting this.
Hell I'd settle with it becoming full auto like they did to the Gorgon. Wouldn't prefer it, but I'd settle with that.

Devious Sektor
06-15-2012, 12:40 PM
Imagine that in gold.

tyrvas
06-15-2012, 01:06 PM
Imagine that in gold.

do you mean this...

http://images.wikia.com/gearsofwar/images/6/68/Hammerburst.jpg

...in GOLD!!...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-p__HoPPWnUo/T0iyyEpeymI/AAAAAAAAOvQ/0udx7t5Y5wM/s1600/rainbowMeme.PNG...OOOOOOHH!!...
GOLDEN CLASSIC HAMMERBURST!!

kboo521
06-15-2012, 01:13 PM
There won't be a Retro. I can imagine there being a scene where a COG tries to Retro Charge a Locust and the blade snaps on the 'thick locust skin'. And the COG gets bodied. I'm calling it. lol But yeah Retro Lancer were somewhat useless on E-day.

But yet in Gears Of War 3...

I could see there being a retro cause it was still the more powerful between the MkII and the MkI..

Hammerburst should probably stay as is. For all we know there could just be a switch on the gun for fire types. Despite the visual differences

tyrvas
06-15-2012, 01:27 PM
Cannot find a golden "classic" hammerburst, but I found this...
http://cghub.com/files/Image/175001-176000/175397/161_realsize.jpg
...so you can look at it from some angles. :)

EDIT: Also found this, the 'real' deal;
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-YRdcrBOw3flkmxvURAARB7WOCo2fkx4zkblEAIc9K29guBwJh8 T8anteBw
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg283/G17RDY/HammerburstComplete1.jpg
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcToizBtHUkb6mB7XgJz_au6pIv9ocg93 LQuF8QKg9YJ9-Gr7wDXiFO0zajhJQ

III HOOP III
06-15-2012, 05:25 PM
It should come back so that modded controllers are not able to be used. The "burst" of the Gears 1 HB was awesome.

EXTREME NOOBHUNTER
06-15-2012, 05:33 PM
I'm hoping that that they base all weapon decisions on gameplay rather than canon. It's all very well and good until you get into an MP game :I

LambentHammerburst
06-15-2012, 06:39 PM
It should come back so that modded controllers are not able to be used.
It's been stated the current HB has been tweaked so you can only fire a few shots before you get insane recoil.
Example was given "more like 10 recoil for first 3 shots then 50+ for each after"
So if this is true - modded controllers will be shooting the sky and not people.

SnappyDude
06-15-2012, 10:36 PM
:) didnt they say that there was a canon reason in between 1 and 2 of why the hammerburst changed? I swear there is a video of cliff saying the locust modified the rifle in the time between the games. But anyway the gears 1 hammerburst is amazing and unstoppable if you learn how to use it, the only problem was no one is going to swap the gun with a chainsaw for a gun that seems the same but without. If your going to pick something up the power weapon is the choice for most. I think people would use the HB1 if it had been made a loadout weapon. :)

Time Victim
06-15-2012, 11:29 PM
There won't be a Retro. I can imagine there being a scene where a COG tries to Retro Charge a Locust and the blade snaps on the 'thick locust skin'. And the COG gets bodied. I'm calling it. lol But yeah Retro Lancer were somewhat useless on E-day.A follow-up to the two-piece scene in Gears 3?

LeoTheGreat
06-17-2012, 01:43 AM
But yet in Gears Of War 3...

I could see there being a retro cause it was still the more powerful between the MkII and the MkI..

Hammerburst should probably stay as is. For all we know there could just be a switch on the gun for fire types. Despite the visual differences

There's a Retro in GOW3 because there is a shortage of weapons. According to the story, Retros weren't used before now because the blades snapped upon impact on Locust skin. But hey, who knows? I still don't think there'll be Retro Lancers and GOW Judgment will include a cut scene to show you why.

A follow-up to the two-piece scene in Gears 3?

We're on the same page, bud.

Golden Hunter
06-17-2012, 02:10 AM
The hammerburst has never changed in canon. The gun ONLY changed mechanically because it worked better than the burst fire.

Think Gorgon. Never changed in the story, we just got full auto rather than burst fire.
My god. You almost have 25 thousand posts. 0_0

And uh, whatever TAO said is accurate.

Doctor Pie 7056
06-17-2012, 04:19 AM
It's been stated the current HB has been tweaked so you can only fire a few shots before you get insane recoil.
Example was given "more like 10 recoil for first 3 shots then 50+ for each after"
So if this is true - modded controllers will be shooting the sky and not people.Plus third party controllers don't work now :rolleyes:

Terra D Serph
06-17-2012, 04:42 AM
Plus third party controllers don't work now :rolleyes:

Only a specific wireless brand got banned, and within a month, people will probably be back on those things, because they shell out updates for the controller(yes, updates) that make it compatible with the Xbox 360.

Bspencer
06-17-2012, 04:56 AM
If EPIC truly listened to the fans, don't you think they would have put the weapons the way they were, at least for experimentation to see player reaction and updated weapon mechanics. Yea yea it "wasn't" really a burst fire gun, but come on who are you trying to convince otherwise, people would just like to see if the guns can work the way they used to in the "newer" games.

LambentHammerburst
06-17-2012, 05:12 AM
Only a specific wireless brand got banned, and within a month, people will probably be back on those things, because they shell out updates for the controller(yes, updates) that make it compatible with the Xbox 360.
You are correct. I myself have a Wildfire Evo. Got it for the one the fly sensitivity change (One set to medium, one set to low) - background image (Omen) and button remapping.
It isn't working. However contacted Datel and they are already working on a firmware upgrade.

MIST GHILLIE
06-17-2012, 05:38 AM
GEARS OF WAR 2 HAMMERBURST or something similar to that model

DaRkNeSs
06-17-2012, 05:54 AM
Firstly, the HB never changed in canon. Secondly, the HB in GoWJ is referred to as the fourth Hammerburst:

1st HB - Burst fired
2nd HB - fully auto or single fire with zoom feature
3rd HB - adds iron sights
4th HB (Judgment) - gun apparently "kicks to the sky with the 4th shot" which will prevent rapid-fire controller mods

So the HB is essentially a burst-fire gun in GoWJ

Terra D Serph
06-17-2012, 06:00 AM
GEARS OF WAR 2 HAMMERBURST or something similar to that model

It's more like a hybrid of Gears 3 and Gears 2. Better accuracy in general overall, but after you fan the trigger a few times, it becomes terribly inaccurate.

Devious Sektor
06-17-2012, 06:02 AM
It's more like a hybrid of Gears 3 and Gears 2. Better accuracy in general overall, but after you fan the trigger a few times, it becomes terribly inaccurate.
I bet there would be dozens of thread saying to nerf or get rid of the recoil.

Terra D Serph
06-17-2012, 06:12 AM
I bet there would be dozens of thread saying to nerf or get rid of the recoil.

And I would have to respond to them with a Joker-laugh. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdTqPJjmwwo ;) And yes, that is my voice(not really).

tyrvas
06-17-2012, 06:21 AM
sawed-off hammerburst = Gow1 HB

who says locust didn't modify their weapons. :)