PDA

View Full Version : Give me the option to press LB to take cover (alternate 2)

rafaeltaua
06-12-2012, 01:12 PM
Who would like to have the option of being able to take cover with LB?
It would be like a alternate 2 (X to road run and LB to take cover).
This way I wouldn't need to play claw.

I don't think that customizable control schemes would hurt the game.

Remember that I'm not saying that this scheme should be the only control scheme.
I'm just asking for having the option.
If EPIC put alternate mode in gears 2 and 3, why not to put a new scheme in GOWJ.
People would not need to buy ONZAs and everybody would be happy (default users and alternate users)

TAO Devil
06-12-2012, 01:17 PM
Right now LB is grenades, so what would grenades be?

NP473L
06-12-2012, 01:18 PM
Right now LB is grenades, so what would grenades be?

A

Example:

'Do a barrell ro---'

*throws smoke

-__-

Ms A Chievement
06-12-2012, 01:42 PM
Not a fan of this at all.

kylemcp
06-12-2012, 02:19 PM
I really like the idea of this... but instead needs a bit of think how about LB rolls, RB wallbounces, then we'd need to work out how to reload and throw grenades... would still work if the d-pad option was still available because changing weapons and grenade throwing wouldn't be a only botton thing.

Terra D Serph
06-12-2012, 02:56 PM
A

Example:

'Do a barrell ro---'

*throws smoke

-__-

Oh this made me laugh. xD

Anyways, I'd rather have RB to run and LB to roll, sort of a "bumper jumper" variant, so-to-speak.

Y can be grenades, a could be weapon swap, and X can be reload.

rafaeltaua
06-12-2012, 04:06 PM
Oh this made me laugh. xD

Anyways, I'd rather have RB to run and LB to roll, sort of a "bumper jumper" variant, so-to-speak.

Y can be grenades, a could be weapon swap, and X can be reload.

That's what I'm saying: A sort of "bumper jumper" in gears.
Halo Reach for example gives you 5 options.
I believe that "bumper jumper" on gears would be used by a lot of players.
It would be awesome if you could bounce with LB while using your thumbs finger in your right hand to turn you character.

I used to play Halo with Bumper Jumper. It made my gameplay better. It made me faster.

GrubKiller101
01-23-2013, 05:05 PM
Give lots of mapping options, one including Gears Legacy with sub options Left handed / right handed.

IronAssassin38
01-23-2013, 05:06 PM
A

Example:

'Do a barrell ro---'

*throws smoke

-__-

That made me laugh...:D

LordOfDeath
01-23-2013, 05:07 PM
hmm.. very interesting idea... you have my interest go on... but be quick i gotta lot reaping to do...

HanSolo2187
01-23-2013, 05:12 PM
I just wish they would swap A and X for the alternate controls. I want to roadie run and jump using A - this is what I've been doing for 6.5 years. Going into cover is a special move and should be mapped to X (not A as the current alternate control scheme uses).

Devious Sektor
01-23-2013, 05:20 PM
A

Example:

'Do a barrell ro---'

*throws smoke

-__-I can't let you do that Star F..NP473L.

IronAssassin38
01-23-2013, 05:37 PM
How about considering an advanced control scheme setup option?
You basically select an action and press a button that will perform it. Geddit?

TG47
01-23-2013, 05:43 PM
This would be cool but now more than ever there are controllers you can buy that will do this so it just doesn't make sense for Epic to build, test, and debug another control scheme. I'd love it though.

Mr shWo
01-23-2013, 05:45 PM
I just wish they would swap A and X for the alternate controls. I want to roadie run and jump using A - this is what I've been doing for 6.5 years. Going into cover is a special move and should be mapped to X (not A as the current alternate control scheme uses).

I recently made the switch and that's my biggest issue as well

HanSolo2187
01-23-2013, 05:51 PM
I recently made the switch and that's my biggest issue as wellI've tried numerous times going to Alternate and I still can't see why they mapped the cover to A and running/jumping to X. Makes zero sense. Going into cover is a special move and would make so much more sense being mapped to X (or LB if someone preferred). They should offer an Alternative 2.