PDA

View Full Version : Shooting Off Limbs

RawrInATor
05-21-2006, 09:40 PM
I wonder, will we be able to shoot off an enemies limb and they will still be alive? For example can i shoot off a Locusts arms and he'll run around with no arms? That would be so awsome. Or shoot off their legs and they'll just fall to the floor :D It would be a great way to mess with another player, just blow off their limps and they'll just be some stump *Like the Black Knight in the Holy Grail haha*

Snake
05-21-2006, 09:50 PM
Errm, pretty sure that is a negatory. It's fun to think about but not really plausible, not only because of possible limitations but as a gameplay mechanic as well. Imagine how people would ***** if a stray bullet or two ripped their arm off and they can't fire their weapon anymore. It becomes less about taking cover and exchanging fire and more about seeing what funny stuff happens when you shoot something.

Besides, Epic has done a kickass job on their animations, I'm sure some limb removal will be taken care of in some situations :)

Buddha
05-21-2006, 09:58 PM
I wonder, will we be able to shoot off an enemies limb and they will still be alive? For example can i shoot off a Locusts arms and he'll run around with no arms? That would be so awsome. Or shoot off their legs and they'll just fall to the floor :D It would be a great way to mess with another player, just blow off their limps and they'll just be some stump *Like the Black Knight in the Holy Grail haha*

Might be a plus. After seeing this thread someone may jump up and say we need to do this, if they haven't already.

Buddha

Sebaz
05-21-2006, 10:05 PM
I like the idea. In the demo. I saw blood and chunks fall out on the floor. would it be a nice idea to add. i say yes but if they already finished the concept of the game and are polishing it now then add it for the next series.

360GearsFanatic
05-21-2006, 10:07 PM
Sounds fun to me but i dont think my son should be seing all that blood.

Uday23
05-21-2006, 10:07 PM
yes limbs should go flying when ppl get hit AND DIE, it would be stupid if u could walk around with no arms, in single player it would be ok if the locust were running around tryin to attack u limb-less but in multiplayer it would be a really stupid idea, it would only work if ur limbs flew off right before u die or else it would suck!

electric flesh
05-21-2006, 10:10 PM
I think what they have right now is pretty effective. It's not excessive with monsters blowing up into gibs but rather a forearm here and there. That works for me.

soda
05-21-2006, 10:10 PM
yes limbs should go flying when ppl get hit AND DIE, it would be stupid if u could walk around with no arms, in single player it would be ok if the locust were running around tryin to attack u limb-less but in multiplayer it would be a really stupid idea, it would only work if ur limbs flew off right before u die or else it would suck!
Yeah i agree with you on this point,
it should be like a finishing move.
when they person is nearly dead and they get shot by a shotgun one of there limbs may go flying off

Snake
05-21-2006, 10:18 PM

So if someone was shot in the chest, what limbs would fly off? If someone was shot in the arm, and their arm flies off, does that mean they are dead, and that arm and leg shots are as effective as headshots? It's a bit more difficult than you might think. The Soldier of Fortune series did this, for instance if you were hit by a shotgun in the leg, your leg would fly off and your character would proceed to act out the appropriate death animation. Gears of War DOES have this level of gore, but in no way that I have seen so far are there any implications that there will be locational "limb removing points" that you can shoot and remove the limb. Perhaps they intend to do something like that in the final build, but so far there is no sign of this. If you shoot a guy in the leg, his leg gushes with blood and if you shoot him in the leg enough he'll die, but his leg won't come off.

All that said, if they never allow you to remove limbs, they may have animations that end up removing limbs. For instance the chainsaw may not be quite polished yet, maybe in the final build it will take an arm off or something.

RawrInATor
05-21-2006, 10:30 PM
Im really saying a 1 shot should blow off an arm or leg
But like 10 accurate shots. So you have more of a reason to aim then just spray and pray. And if 1s arm is shot off they should shoot slower because they only have 1 arm to use for firing. Same goes for a leg and moving. And besides once a limb flies off theyre bound to die soon anyway so its not like they'll be like AW WTF DO I DO NOW! I GOT 1 ARM WTF!! THIS IS STUPID!!
And if someone does ***** like that you get to blow off another limb and make it worse just to piss em off :D

360GearsFanatic
05-21-2006, 10:34 PM
amen to that, brother, amen...

Uday23
05-21-2006, 10:42 PM
So if someone was shot in the chest, what limbs would fly off? If someone was shot in the arm, and their arm flies off, does that mean they are dead, and that arm and leg shots are as effective as headshots? It's a bit more difficult than you might think. The Soldier of Fortune series did this, for instance if you were hit by a shotgun in the leg, your leg would fly off and your character would proceed to act out the appropriate death animation. Gears of War DOES have this level of gore, but in no way that I have seen so far are there any implications that there will be locational "limb removing points" that you can shoot and remove the limb. Perhaps they intend to do something like that in the final build, but so far there is no sign of this. If you shoot a guy in the leg, his leg gushes with blood and if you shoot him in the leg enough he'll die, but his leg won't come off.

All that said, if they never allow you to remove limbs, they may have animations that end up removing limbs. For instance the chainsaw may not be quite polished yet, maybe in the final build it will take an arm off or something.

not is not what i ment, i was saying that if GoW does have the feature of limbs flying off it should only happen while they are being shot right before they die, for example u get assult rifled in the leg and die then ur leg could fly off, that makes sense, only only wrote what i wrote because ppl were saying that it would be cool if after a limb flew off that the person was still alive and could walk around ex. arm-less, that is stupid, i doubt Gears will have anything like that, i was saying that if Gears does have something like that they would make so when ur about to die because u were being shot in the arm alot then ur arm might pop off but u would not be able to move around armless that is what i meant, im sorry u didnt understand, the only time that Gears should limbs flying off is when someone gets hit with an explosion and dies, do u get what i am saying because the stuff u wrote had very little to do with the point i was trying to get off......

Gear
05-21-2006, 10:46 PM

Yes, I know you don't want your son to see, but how old? You can tell him to go outside for enjoy hiself, or play with his friends.

360GearsFanatic
05-21-2006, 10:47 PM
i just think it'd be fun...maybe it would only work on Single campaign mode or something...i dont know but it does sound fun.

Snake
05-21-2006, 10:47 PM
Sort of...I can just see the programmers pulling their hair out trying to make something like that happen though. How does the computer know that the character is ABOUT to die? As far as the computer is concerned, the player is alive until they are killed. Maybe the dead bodies could be 'gib-able' but once again, if you shoot someone in the leg, unless you do so up close with a shotgun, why would it fly off? If you totally perforated someone maybe the leg would become separated (god, this is such a gross subject lol) but I couldn't see it flying off. Gears of War seems to be pushing its crazy level of gore, but I don't think that is their main focus. They're saying "Hey, look you can chainsaw someone and they die all cool and blood spurts out" but I don't think they are really trying to reach into the realm of cheesy chainsaw horror flicks with gore for the sake of gore, if you catch my drift.

Uday23
05-21-2006, 10:48 PM
i just think it'd be fun...maybe it would only work on Single campaign mode or something...i dont know but it does sound fun.

they might have a gore on/off option

Uday23
05-21-2006, 10:50 PM
Sort of...I can just see the programmers pulling their hair out trying to make something like that happen though. How does the computer know that the character is ABOUT to die? As far as the computer is concerned, the player is alive until they are killed. Maybe the dead bodies could be 'gib-able' but once again, if you shoot someone in the leg, unless you do so up close with a shotgun, why would it fly off? If you totally perforated someone maybe the leg would become separated (god, this is such a gross subject lol) but I couldn't see it flying off. Gears of War seems to be pushing its crazy level of gore, but I don't think that is their main focus. They're saying "Hey, look you can chainsaw someone and they die all cool and blood spurts out" but I don't think they are really trying to reach into the realm of cheesy chainsaw horror flicks with gore for the sake of gore, if you catch my drift.

w/e man, this is my last statment about limbs, i think ppls llimbs should only fly off when they are hit with an explosion and anything i posted before this was trying to explain the stupidity of limbs flying off when shot, so can we just get off this subject:)

Snake
05-21-2006, 10:53 PM
Ya, I understand what you are saying, and I'm not trying to argue, sorry if it came across like that :)

Besides, after seeing the explosions in GoW I don't think the poor bastard who gets hit by a grenade will have any limbs left to splatter :D

Uday23
05-21-2006, 11:09 PM
Ya, I understand what you are saying, and I'm not trying to argue, sorry if it came across like that :)

Besides, after seeing the explosions in GoW I don't think the poor bastard who gets hit by a grenade will have any limbs left to splatter :D

thats cool, forget i said anything, i want see more explosions from grenades, i have barely seen frag nades being used, i want to see the flash and smoke nades too, i really want to see the sniper and rocketlauncher in action, can u imagine jumping beind the enemies while they are chillin behind cover and then u blast them with a crazy RL! i can't wait!

Snake
05-21-2006, 11:12 PM
Imagine the hurtin you could lay on a guy using the rocket launcher in melee lol

Uday23
05-21-2006, 11:14 PM
Imagine the hurtin you could lay on a guy using the rocket launcher in melee lol

ahhh melee, is their anything better than smacking someone in the face with ur weapon.........

Snake
05-21-2006, 11:16 PM
Ya, smacking someone in the face with a weapon about this big

http://zioneocon.blogspot.com/hamas%20w%20rocket%20launcher.jpg

Zoso Fan
05-22-2006, 12:07 AM
Ya i think it would be rad that if you blow off only one of the locusts arms he moves the gun to his surviving hand and basicly shoots one handed and less accurately! Then it would actually have gameplay motive also! :)

The Evil Hat
06-07-2006, 07:37 PM
I dont know cool but nasty for sp. but in multiplayer it would ?SUCK imagine first two seconds someone shoots your legs and you cant walk. or your arms and you cant shoot.:rolleyes:

Whistlerman
06-07-2006, 07:58 PM
I don't think thats going to happen

UnrealWars
06-07-2006, 08:33 PM
What would you do without no legs, yell out to other teamates saying "I have no legs, someone come and carry me....PLEASE?!?!" Just curb stomp the guy and end him.

Xenomorph
06-07-2006, 08:37 PM
I think there will only be limb removal at the point of death. How unrealistic would an armless Locust running around be??? Even if there was living-limb-removal, the victim would probably be on the floor, bleeding and screaming, and after a while they die. :cool:

HeartlessGhost
06-07-2006, 11:38 PM
I have a feeling that in MP you wont be able to shoot body parts off. but in single player you will be blasting away arms and legs like its WWI ... im just making this guess on how much the game has to work when providing seamless game-play on MP and Live compared to AI and script controlled opponents in single player.. tho im just guessing really..

chron1caust
06-08-2006, 06:24 AM
I think there will only be limb removal at the point of death. How unrealistic would an armless Locust running around be??? Even if there was living-limb-removal, the victim would probably be on the floor, bleeding and screaming, and after a while they die. :cool:
That would be funny though :D

Xenomorph
06-10-2006, 01:58 AM
That would be funny though :D
Har har har.

<Imagines armless Locust>

HAR HAR HAR HAR HAHAHAHAHA MUHAHAHA!!!:D

Flaming Hornets
06-10-2006, 04:21 AM
It can be done in SP, i have seen a video.
And MP is unlikely as having no arms/legs would suck so much.

Rez1n
01-23-2008, 10:51 AM
Im going to pass marth in posts cuz Im booooored

Eternalnow
01-23-2008, 11:38 AM

This IS an M rated game. You know that, right?

ARman
01-23-2008, 11:40 AM
lol Yer it is an M, So therefore your should not play it if he is to young !!!

Also it should be used as a finisher, just like when you have low health and your head pops off it would look good.

Scatboy101
01-23-2008, 02:58 PM

i think that would be cool in single player in gow2 but no mp

Rez1n
01-23-2008, 07:37 PM
Limbs pfffth as many crotch shots as Ive gotten I wanna see some genitalia falling off