PDA

View Full Version : Now its the inks turn.

Rodent72k
05-02-2012, 09:53 AM
My major complaint are those inks. The moment they stop you, your dead. And what sucks even more is that there very accessible. I don't think the ink should make you completely immobile. I believe it should either do a lot more damage and stun you like a smoke, or at the very least shorten the stun time from the ink. I die way to many times not because of the ink its self, but the stun it has. I would just like some opinions.

MRIIBOJANGLES
05-02-2012, 10:35 AM
Learn to dive out the way....

Acidviolet
05-02-2012, 10:37 AM
True story bro ^

123MAN
05-02-2012, 10:39 AM
If the Ink cloud i.e. the AoE increases and DPS is very high then the Ink would be better. But a large cloud with low DPS is not as useful as the current Ink.

xsg
05-02-2012, 11:55 AM
I think the amount of area that stuns you around the ink should be reduced. I love being completely outside of an ink by like 5 feet, and still getting stunned.

DsOwn313
05-02-2012, 01:19 PM
I agree with above...the ink is one of those devices that you love when using it but absolutely loathe when it gets successfully used against you lol

xEvOx IStRaFeSI
05-02-2012, 01:57 PM
i agree they need a change but so do the incendiary nades but you can dodge the inks incendiaries on the other hand...

ballistiikx
05-02-2012, 02:02 PM
Remove stun
increase range
increase damage per second

fixed?

Maaaaaz
05-02-2012, 02:16 PM
It's not even an Ink Grenade. Dunno why EPIC kept the name but completely changes the mechanics.

Half the time it does no damage (but you still die because of stun)
Other half the nade instantly kills you

Doesn't matter where you throw it. Just so long as it is somewhat close, they'll get stunned. And potentially instantly die.
Dumb nade is dumb.

vick818
05-02-2012, 02:21 PM
It's not even an Ink Grenade. Dunno why EPIC kept the name but completely changes the mechanics.

Half the time it does no damage (but you still die because of stun)
Other half the nade instantly kills you

Doesn't matter where you throw it. Just so long as it is somewhat close, they'll get stunned. And potentially instantly die.
Dumb nade is dumb.

I never really payed attention the ink grenade at all but now that you mention it I have noticed when I stun them it seems to take the same number of shots with my hammy even though the ink is supposed to do damage. I just figured maybe I had partially missed or it would do damage only if it was a dead on hit now I realize a lot posters feel it's inconsistent.

Maaaaaz
05-02-2012, 02:22 PM
I never really payed attention the ink grenade at all but now that you mention it I have noticed when I stun them it seems to take the same number of shots with my hammy even though the ink is supposed to do damage. I just figured maybe I had partially missed or it would do damage only if it was a dead on hit now I realize a lot posters feel it's inconsistent.

http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/903981-Why-exactly-is-the-Ink-so-insanely-inconsistent

Yeneral Yank
05-02-2012, 02:25 PM
frags, you get 2 of them and have a blast radius of a mini nuke. best nade to plant, but still better to throw

flames, you get 2 of them and instantly kill an oponent if you throw it say within 3 feet of them, also have lingering napalm on the ground. not a great idea to plant, better off throwing it

ink, you get 1 of them and they have a stun usually leading to a shotgun/rifle kill. however can get a kill if you direct impact. pretty useless if you plant them, far better to throw.

granted inks sometimes have 2 spawns on a map, i think they are by far the weakest grenade of all 3 pickup grenades. if the ink stun was to be removed/reduced WITHOUT a damage/range buff, they would be useless. just my thoughts, which i think are a pretty fair assessment. i guess that i should also mention that i throw grenades 99.99999% of the time

EDIT: i didnt mention anything about inconsistencies. but now that i think of it, all grenades have their inconsistencies...

Celestial Haven
05-02-2012, 02:41 PM
I feel as if they are fine. I've had plenty enough deaths by them and none induced rage.
The range at which they stun needs to be looked at and made to stay consistent. They should also look into why it has the slight chance of "poisoning" someone who fully evaded the stun.

Drone *
05-02-2012, 02:56 PM
Personally I think the ink should have the smoke grenade stun, with a slightly larger damage radius, taking control away from the player is never a good thing...

GOLEAFSGO
05-02-2012, 03:31 PM
it's just another cheap crutch for not so good players... problem is everyone uses it. they should just call it a stun grenade and be done with it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

A CANADIAN
05-02-2012, 03:40 PM
I think the amount of area that stuns you around the ink should be reduced. I love being completely outside of an ink by like 5 feet, and still getting stunned.

Totally. I've seen plenty of guys roll right through it and get me. It's insane. I've hit people with them and they don't stop. It's inconsistant, but typically if you get a throw on someone you get the kill.

Dirac
05-02-2012, 03:54 PM
Stun is annoying. Was annoying in Gears 2 and remains annoying. Doesn't matter that it's a pickup; not being able to move sucks. Standing there powerless while hoping no one kills you for that couple of seconds feels cheap.

Ink cloud should be larger and be a serious threat. Stun at best should be like smokes.

TheManagement
05-02-2012, 04:06 PM
inks are dope.

Fade To Bacon
05-02-2012, 04:40 PM
They had no reason to change it. Gears 2 inks were fine and they did what they were supposed to -- deny an area. Throw it into a ring in Annex or KOTH and the enemy wouldn't be able to enter until the cloud was gone.

123MAN
05-02-2012, 04:42 PM
They had no reason to change it. Gears 2 inks were fine and they did what they supposed to -- deny an area. Throw it into a ring in Annex or KOTH and the enemy wouldn't be able to enter until the cloud was gone.

It would work great on Gears 3 if they upped the DPS while in the cloud. Remove any stun and increase the AoE and up the DPS, so that anyone managing to walk out of the cloud is fully red. Or better yet make it like the damage system you have when the Kryll arrive on Bullet Marsh, but without the ability to just run through without taking damage.

Gnashes
05-02-2012, 04:45 PM
it's just another cheap crutch for not so good players... problem is everyone uses it. they should just call it a stun grenade and be done with it.

I'm sorry, but any good player who doesn't abuse it is just an idiot.

It's like someone handing you a nuke, flying you over the capitol of your enemies' nation, and you saying "Nah... too easy."

It's easy to roll out of the way, I rarely die to it unless I don't see it in their hand.

Maaaaaz
05-02-2012, 04:47 PM

It's like someone handing you a nuke, flying you over the capitol of your enemies' nation, and you saying "Nah... too easy."

It's easy to roll out of the way, I rarely die to it unless I don't see it in their hand.

Nobody dies to the Ink. Sometimes you will.

But most of the time it's the stupidly-big-radius stun that gets you killed.

NP473L
05-02-2012, 04:48 PM
It would work great on Gears 3 if they upped the DPS while in the cloud. Remove any stun and increase the AoE and up the DPS, so that anyone managing to walk out of the cloud is fully red. Or better yet make it like the damage system you have when the Kryll arrive on Bullet Marsh, but without the ability to just run through without taking damage.

Yeah, in order to cut it with the increased damage of everything else, all that would be necessary would be to crank up the DPS a tad from the Gears 2 Ink.

123MAN
05-02-2012, 04:50 PM
Yeah, in order to cut it with the increased damage of everything else, all that would be necessary would be to crank up the DPS a tad from the Gears 2 Ink.

It will have to be a lot more than a tad bit. It is after all a grenade and should stand tall alongside the other grenades in the game. If it was a mimic of the Gears 2 Ink it would not be as attractive as the Frags or Incendiaries.

Gnashes
05-02-2012, 04:50 PM
Nobody dies to the Ink. Sometimes you will.

But most of the time it's the stupidly-big-radius stun that gets you killed.

Trust me I know. You can avoid the stun if you time a roll right, which is why I rarely die to it. (Meaning I don't get stunned and killed by a Rifle/shotgun)

NP473L
05-02-2012, 04:51 PM

Of course I abuse the ink ;).

But I don't agree with it's Gears 3 'purpose' over its Gears 2 'purpose'. I think the Ink had a more unique battlefield role to fill, and it's one that's now only covered as a secondary effect of the grenades (the Incendiaries and the Ink). 95 times out of 100, the Ink/Incends are not used for 'Area Denial', and that's a role I think should be fitted to the primary purpose of a certain pickup, rather than its secondary effect.

Obviously an opinion, but that's what I think regarding the Inks.

NP473L
05-02-2012, 04:52 PM
It will have to be a lot more than a tad bit. It is after all a grenade and should stand tall alongside the other grenades in the game. If it was a mimic of the Gears 2 Ink it would not be as attractive as the Frags or Incendiaries.

Yeah, probably more than a tad. I was just trying to say that it weren't broken in Gears 2, and didn't need the excessive changes it received

Gnashes
05-02-2012, 04:54 PM
Of course I abuse the ink ;).

But I don't agree with it's Gears 3 'purpose' over its Gears 2 'purpose'. I think the Ink had a more unique battlefield role to fill, and it's one that's now only covered as a secondary effect of the grenades (the Incendiaries and the Ink). 95 times out of 100, the Ink/Incends are not used for 'Area Denial', and that's a role I think should be fitted to the primary purpose of a certain pickup, rather than its secondary effect.

Obviously an opinion, but that's what I think regarding the Inks.

Oh I'll definitely agree, I preferred the Gears 2 Ink. I'm just not sure what change could/should/would be made to the current one. It works as is, although it doesn't fit the role of the original Ink. I could get kills with it either way so it's not really a big deal for me. I'd like to see the old Ink back but I won't scream myself hoarse trying to get it that way.

123MAN
05-02-2012, 04:55 PM
Yeah, probably more than a tad. I was just trying to say that it weren't broken in Gears 2, and didn't need the excessive changes it received

The Ink may not have been broken, but Gears 2 sure was :D

I see no problem with the Ink as it is, but a very powerful Ink with a large AoE would be great. But not if it would require heavy rifle fire to down and kill like Gears 2.

Maaaaaz
05-02-2012, 04:55 PM
Trust me I know. You can avoid the stun if you time a roll right, which is why I rarely die to it. (Meaning I don't get stunned and killed by a Rifle/shotgun)

Thing is, you can't always predict it.

Someone can go around behind
Someone throws it over buildings (And I swear this always does damage at this point)
Just throw it right in front of you so you both get stunned and get gunned from someone else

We already have 2 offensive grenades, that do their job well
The Ink is just dumb and annoying. Nobody likes losing control of their character.
Tactical Grenade that has a unique purpose>Stupid stun

Or just change the name from Ink, since it's not actually an Ink anymore. Then I'll leave this horse alone.

NP473L
05-02-2012, 04:56 PM
Oh I'll definitely agree, I preferred the Gears 2 Ink. I'm just not sure what change could/should/would be made to the current one. It works as is, although it doesn't fit the role of the original Ink. I could get kills with it either way so it's not really a big deal for me. I'd like to see the old Ink back but I won't scream myself hoarse trying to get it that way.

Awesomesauce, and fair enough.

NP473L
05-02-2012, 05:03 PM
The Ink may not have been broken, but Gears 2 sure was :D

I see no problem with the Ink as it is, but a very powerful Ink with a large AoE would be great. But not if it would require heavy rifle fire to down and kill like Gears 2.

I miss Gears 2. It was vastly inferior in many (if not all) ways, but I enjoyed it a lot more than I seem to enjoy Gears 3. Annex...Mansion...[proper use of Inks]...Annex...Sanctuary.....

Could be nostalgic value, but I really enjoyed my time on Gears 2....(minus TU6)

/off topic nostalgia

123MAN
05-02-2012, 05:04 PM
I miss Gears 2. It was vastly inferior in many (if not all) ways, but I enjoyed it a lot more than I seem to enjoy Gears 3. Annex...Mansion...[proper use of Inks]...Annex...Sanctuary.....

Could be nostalgic value, but I really enjoyed my time on Gears 2....

/off topic nostalgia

When the next Gears will come out you will miss Gears 3. I miss older games as well, but maybe my attitude towards these things make it easier to forget and move forward. I have had to do it a lot, so maybe that is the reason. I still miss it, but I love Gears 3.

GOLEAFSGO
05-02-2012, 05:08 PM
not letting me quote you, gnashes.. but, I don't disagree. I'm just saying it is a crutch-an easy way to get a kill. its not the people that use it that is the problem, but the fact that it functions the way that it does. therefore, I basically hate what epic has done with it. I use it, everyone uses it, i just hate that its part of the game play.

Gnashes
05-02-2012, 05:36 PM
not letting me quote you, gnashes.. but, I don't disagree. I'm just saying it is a crutch-an easy way to get a kill. its not the people that use it that is the problem, but the fact that it functions the way that it does. therefore, I basically hate what epic has done with it. I use it, everyone uses it, i just hate that its part of the game play.

Which I won't disagree with. I was simply saying that calling it a cheap tactic is a misnomer, as it's just the smart thing to do.

LoD FENIX
05-02-2012, 07:22 PM
I find if the actual Ink cloud isn't doing damage then you should not be stunned by it. If you are outside of the range of the cloud then you should not be stunned. The problem with my idea is the ink cloud has shown itself to be very inconsistent in where it decides to deal damage and how much. I agree it shouldn't even be called an "Ink" grenade anymore. I use it when i can knowing full well it is a near free kill, kinda stupid not to.

MrChris
05-02-2012, 07:32 PM
when a ink is being thrown at you...just roll out of the way its a glitch where you wont get stunned...and its annoying

Mz ThInG tWo
05-02-2012, 10:09 PM
Well you can try and dive as it's thrown, but sometimes latency causes you to be stunned =/
And sometimes people don't die even when stunned and point blanked with a Gnasher, O.O

ParasiteNL
05-02-2012, 10:48 PM
I never understood why it's not like Gears 2's ink: when it hits the ground it still takes a second to go off. That would solve all the people's complaints.

Chain510soldier
05-02-2012, 11:19 PM
The way I have seen nades being tweeked with each game that comes out in Gears of War 4 Flame Gernades will make you drop all of your weapons.

ParasiteNL
05-02-2012, 11:27 PM
When you get hit by an ink/fire grenade in Gears 4 your rank will be reset.

gloves78
05-03-2012, 01:28 AM
Leave them there not that bad

FearsomeOyster
05-03-2012, 11:28 AM
I was actaully pretty good with the Inks in Gears 2. I could get kills but it was still a challenge i.e. it was fun to use them. Now in Gears 3 it's a free kill. They are not even fun to use, I liked it when I had to think about where to throw it...

He Bridish
05-03-2012, 11:37 AM
I loved the Ink's purpose in Gears 2. Now when I throw it into the ring on Gears 3, they stand outside the cloud, or even inside it, and take the ring. =3