PDA

View Full Version : Beast mode, dlc idea

sea beast123
04-25-2012, 11:59 AM
So me and my friends were playing beast one day and talking about some of the locust they left out, flame boomer, Cyclops, and no lambent! That led to a huge rant and now to this post, i think it would be cool to have a new DLC where beast is all lambent you would need more humans in each wave because the lambent explode, and by maybe wave 6, 7, or 8 have the humans have every command post. We did a chart of what would be cool so let me know if anyone has any other cool idea to add to the list.

Normal looking beast selection chart:

-Tier 1-Wild ticker, ticker, wretch, drone, butcher
-Tier 2- Kantaus,Blood Mount, Mauler
-Tier 3- Serapede, Corpser, Greander, Boomer,
-Tier 4-Berserkers, Armored Kantus, Savage Boomer

The one me and my friends did would look like this,
Lambet beast chart: (all lambet expolde except formers)

-Tier 1- Former, polyp, lambet wretch, Lambent drone, head snake

-Tier 2- Lambet drone w/ boltok(somewhat running out of ideas), Drudge (no mutation), Lambet maluer?( with some of the lambet not that strong and a kantus wouldn't be at all helpful we thought i new character would need to be introduced to help abosrb some bullets, we though the maul could fuse with his arm or something for the lambet version of the maluer)

-Tier 3- [slot empty throw ideas around], [slot empty throw ideas around], lambet grendier w/ gnasher & frags, drudge (2 arm mutation, we also thought it would be cool if after you mutated you could preform an excution on the COG even where they're not down and rip them in half, like they do in horde, there would be a certain time before you could do it again to make it fair.)

-Tier 4- Lambet Zerker, Stalk (Could use as a spwan point it would be very expensive you pick a spot on map and immentialy two pods pop off it and two players can spawn there, maybe with half health to make it fair was just an idea we had and figured we'd throw it in), gunker.

It would be alot and the big question is would epic be willing to do it possible make new characters and toss out more DLC? If there's going to be a second season pass (I hope so) this could go on it. I think it would be a really cool to play beast with all these lambet locust. let me know what you think, and more ideas maybe epic will actually like the idea and we can play in someday!

Cyclops 100
04-25-2012, 12:15 PM
Yeah I was thinking the same thing.

If Cyclops were in it they would probably be on tier 2 or 3. They would use the Lancer and have 250 bullets or more. Then once they have no ammo. Resort to the chainsaw.

Bolters would also be cool for Beast. They could have their Boltok and a smoke grenade.

Considering Palace Guard have scaling issues. They should be added to Beast with a Torque Bow and a Frag Grenade. That would let people play as them without issues.

Great Thread! :)

E.P.I.C. Lizard
04-25-2012, 12:23 PM
Epic probably won't add lambent. But i could see palace guard being added. Specially since they did that trial run with the extra savage grenadiers with different weapons.

sea beast123
04-25-2012, 01:30 PM
i could see the place guard being added aswell i loved when they ran that trial with the grenadiers with torque bow. But i could see this being DLC they had horde DLC already and added alot why not add a new beast mode? When you go to play beast you can get the option of going regular, or lambent. They could do more achivements with it aswell. It's a long shot that they do it sure, but even has an event it would be cool, just to play as a gunker and lambent zerker would be cool.

CaptainSlayer
04-25-2012, 01:40 PM
I don't understand how you would spawn in as a head snake. They are part of a drudge.

Mashpotaters
04-25-2012, 01:55 PM
I don't understand how you would spawn in as a head snake. They are part of a drudge.

You would simply spawn as a head snake. Think of how the Bloodmount works. When you die as a Bloodmount in Beast you don't continue to control the Locust that was riding the Bloodmount, even though it's sort of the same mechanic as a Drudge and the head snake. Kill the Drudge, and then you might have to deal with the head snake. Kill a Bloodmount, and you sometimes have to deal with the rider. They change how it works for Beast, so as a Drudge you wouldn't turn into a head snake, just as you don't control the Bloodmount rider when the Bloodmount dies.

CaptainSlayer
04-25-2012, 02:03 PM
I could see spawning as a drudge better than I could a headsnake. It just doesn't make sense to me. But I appreciate you trying to explain it.

sea beast123
04-26-2012, 02:44 PM
yea he did explain it how I was thinking it, you just spawn as a headsnake like was stated you just spawn as it, we thought that it would be maybe boosted in health a bit and be a support character you can be and destroy fortifications because other than just dying and blowing up it would be nice to have something to destroy barriers and such. Remember though this is just a basic layout me and my friend made that is completely, and encouraged to be open to discussion. So discuss away! lol