PDA

View Full Version : Question

Kacius
04-18-2012, 10:10 AM
Is gears 3 still popular? Like is there a lot of people playing still?
I want to buy it but not sure if AU community is there.

STEVE IRBAN 627
04-18-2012, 10:11 AM
There's not a massive amount of people but you'll definitely find games in certain playlists.

Acidviolet
04-18-2012, 10:12 AM
A lot of people are playing TDM, that's what I've notices.

Gnashes
04-18-2012, 10:17 AM
I find full matches in Quick and Ranked, but I live in the states. Not sure how it is for the AU community.

The Gubbler
04-18-2012, 10:18 AM
Oh it's still popular alright, you won't have any real difficulty getting games. I must warn you though that, if you didn't know Epic (to their credit) have had a series of generally brilliant DLC. I have all of these as do probably most of those who are serious about gears. WIthout them I understand you still have access to dedicated servers but the numbers playing non-DLC games may be small. I'd advise maybe getting the season pass and downloading the lot at a discount or else confine yurself to just Fenix Rising and Forces of Nature. With these Epic created something of a division in th ecommunity in terms of access to servers etc. But maybe you know all this and if so sorry if it seems patronising.
Edit: Sorry didn't know that AU was Australia thought is might be austria. Don't know what it's like there

IHazTommyWiseau
04-18-2012, 10:26 AM
There is enough players on my end, but I am in the US so that may be the reason why. I am unsure how servers work overseas, but I still believe you can find fun in this game.