PDA

View Full Version : guardian!!!

KeeferLbc
04-06-2012, 10:23 PM
u really need to make this game mode go back to original...how am i supposed to clutch a match when the leader knows exactly where we are at while he tells his teammates please epic take of tac/com completely it doesnt let the leader get his grenades.....WHEN THE TAC/COM THING POPS UP IN THE BEGINNING POPS UP IT GIVE THE LEADER DOESNT HAVE A CHANCE TO GET HIS/HER NADES TO PROTECT THEMSELVES....SOO YEAH THATS MY MAIN POINT

GearsIsAwesome
04-06-2012, 10:24 PM
Be better..,

Also grenades?

Cant you run and dodge them i think you can.

Lftdaporch
04-06-2012, 10:27 PM
how does the tac/com give the leader grenades?

Maaaaaz
04-06-2012, 10:30 PM
I think that, once one leader dies, the other leader loses his X-Ray Tac/Com.

It would benefit the playlist, imo, because it brings back the chance that you can still win even when your leader has died.

LoD FENIX
04-06-2012, 10:46 PM
That's why the leader has a giant star above his/her head so you know where they are at all times as well.

Lftdaporch
04-06-2012, 10:52 PM

It would benefit the playlist, imo, because it brings back the chance that you can still win even when your leader has died.

as someone else argued this point.

why should the wining team be given a disadvantage to assist the losing team, protect your leader if you want to have a level field. there is no rational explanation to justify punishing the other team for protecting their leader.

MxPro239
04-06-2012, 10:54 PM
Biggest problem about this game type: majority of randoms don't understand how to play it.

Jeffy Gears
04-06-2012, 10:58 PM

I think he is speaking about how at the start of the match the leader waves and has to stand still for a few seconds

Jeffy Gears
04-06-2012, 10:59 PM

I think he is speaking about how at the start of the match the leader waves and has to stand still for a few seconds

Lftdaporch
04-06-2012, 11:07 PM
ahhh thank you jeffy gears.

with that being clarified for me. it should not come out, the leader is supposed to be a support/recon member of the team and let all the grunts go out their getting killed for power weapons.

i mean really if they took out the hand wave or never had it to begin with, there would be a hundred threads about why let randoms be leaders they keep rushing out to get power weapons and die, we can't win, only let people with x ranking on gears 2 leaderboards be leader. guardian is broken etc. etc. etc.

crossraaawr
04-06-2012, 11:31 PM
i think the leader should be selected the same way it was in gears 2. Highest level player gets the first round and then the next rounds are either whoever kills the leader or whoever has the most points if the leader wasn't killed. this way noobs won't be leader and... well that's basically it.

crossraaawr
04-06-2012, 11:32 PM
and the rotation that it uses now would put you at an even worse disadvantage if you have multiple bot on your team

Tomhet
04-07-2012, 01:58 AM
With all the changes, including the X-ray vision, I suspect Epic wanted to avoid a campfest. From what I hear, Guardian in GOW2 was that. The new Guardian OTOH is actually quite frantic, your team is forced to attack the enemy leader right away.

But yeah, a leader bot? Worst decision ever. Only humans should be leaders.

UNCL3 T1AN
04-07-2012, 02:00 AM

:D

(10char)

cbrinkmann1981
04-07-2012, 10:56 AM
u really need to make this game mode go back to original...how am i supposed to clutch a match when the leader knows exactly where we are at while he tells his teammates please epic take of tac/com completely it doesnt let the leader get his grenades

You know what? You're absolutely right. I'm really sure it's all one big mistake - EPIC wanted us to have it so that when you're losing and your teammates are all dead that the last person be the big hero. They couldn't have possibly intentionally made Guardian - a team-based, objective-based gametype, one where you have two objectives at that - a game mode where if you kill the other leader (one of those two objectives) the team gets a huge advantage over the team who lost their leader. This must have just been one gigantic oversight by EPIC's part. I guess the only thing we can do in the meantime is NOT PUT OURSELVES INTO THAT POSITION IN THE FIRST PLACE.

This entire previous paragraph (except for the all caps sentence) written in Sarcastica font.

cbrinkmann1981
04-08-2012, 11:37 AM
What's the matter, OP? Give up already?

ObservationSlave
04-08-2012, 11:39 AM
I couldn't like guardian any better except for one thing. I hate how they make the leader pause at the very beginning. Besides that it is perfect and needs no changes.

james288gto
04-08-2012, 11:41 AM
Kill their leader first. Usually works. Grenades are best used for attacking anyway and the team that camps 9/10 loses. :)

KeeferLbc
04-08-2012, 12:25 PM
but thats the whole point of guardian protecting the leader frm getting rushed .....might as well call this game mode rush

CMG070
04-08-2012, 12:26 PM
Ive clutched while the leader knew where I was, you gotta be quick. You know where the leader is too

cbrinkmann1981
04-08-2012, 11:34 PM
Ive clutched while the leader knew where I was, you gotta be quick. You know where the leader is too

Oh - now you went and done it. You argued against the OP by using that terrible, little-known force called "logic." Prepare to be flamed!

gloves78
04-09-2012, 03:17 AM
I only played guardian in g2 to get xp.

It took to long between matches on war zone and they finished to quickly. We're as you could draw guardian out an get good xp.

Now with Tdm I don't see the point in playing it

b3nje909
04-09-2012, 03:37 AM
I wanna make a demotivational of this game type.

You have two teams, one has five players, the other four.
It's locked two all. It's all or nothing, the action has been intense with no quarter given, winner takes all, girls, money and power, loser goes home in humiliation

The team with four players (it's always the one I'm on) chooses a freaking bot as the leader for the deciding round lol!!!!

Your so not gonna win this one... As you see "Superstar Cole" run straight off into the distance and into frack load of Lancers

cbrinkmann1981
04-10-2012, 07:31 PM
Demotivational posters are awesome.

But looks as though we, the "OP is wrong" crowd, have it. He hasn't even bothered responding to anything we say, which is pretty funny, come to think of it.

MrMrKil
04-11-2012, 06:11 AM
Correct me if I am wrong but shouldn't someone else on the team be planting the nades to protect the leader?

Saves them blowing themselves up on there own frag.

l TormentZ
04-11-2012, 06:24 AM
I used to play guardian exclusively on GoW2.

I was in the top 1000 after picking the game up 2 years AFTER release.

And I love this new guardian.....the leader is actually USEFUL now.....Gears 2 it was leader keep your head down and plant Nades......

TBH I don't get what the problem is......if you're a good team and play as a team then your leader dying shouldn't be a regular occurrence.

Why does everyone have to cry about every little thing about every game mode EPIC make??

Oh and 1 more thing. if your leader gets killed. why should your team then be given an advantage of being invisible on tac com? /rant

Last Veteran
04-11-2012, 06:35 AM

that would be a great idea but also leader's icon should be off...
then it's going to be balanced...actually the team that killed the opposing leader first means
it's a team that tried more and fought better for the objective (leader's assasination)
so they must not be "punished" for doing their mission...

Drone *
04-11-2012, 09:26 AM
Biggest problem about this game type: majority of randoms don't understand how to play it.
That's not really epic's fault though

gold charro
04-11-2012, 01:34 PM
EPIC= well lets give this guys what they ask for but we will make some changes so we (EPIC) dont feel like we lost

All that EPIC does feel like this to me

A CANADIAN
04-11-2012, 02:38 PM

I totally agree. My friends who all play Guardian think so too. We have said that since it started. I love being the leader and being able to direct and it helps you stay alive as you know where others are hiding. It would be more interesting and enjoyable if it went away once there is only 1 guy left. Gives them half a chance.e The clip posted of that guy going "clutch" LOL as he stated had a team that sucked trying to get him and didn't do anything right. That isn't the norm. Most of the time the guy alone is done.

gold charro
04-11-2012, 03:28 PM
Ok soo in resume things that will get a better guardian experience.

1. Take away the time the leader takes to start the round.
2. Take away the tac/com from the leader once a leader is dead.