PDA

View Full Version : Video So I got an ezcap....

Jimmy Jangle
03-14-2012, 12:47 PM
And here is the result of a bit of tinkering:

Jimmy Jangle's 1st Headshot Montage (test) (http://youtu.be/39e4g86zFkY)

More of a test than anything. Any suggestions welcome :)

Dark Infinity 1
03-14-2012, 01:38 PM
Not bad for a first run.
sound, pace, and content.
Sound:
The sfx can be toned down or removed completely unless you really want those sounds in for effect, but some places they are a little overwhelming.
Pace and Content:
They kinda go hand in hand. More content and less filler, we don't need to see the complete wind up just the juicy parts. So more shorter clips.

That's my opinion, but lookin good man.

Enjoy your excap and good luck.

Jimmy Jangle
03-14-2012, 06:06 PM
Thanks man, I've always wanted to do some vids, but only recently I've managed to get the tools needed.

Fancied some music other than the usual Metal/Hip-hop s**t that we get bombarded with.

Maybe some Gears & CCR on the next one....? :cool:

Dark Infinity 1
03-14-2012, 10:43 PM
That's the beauty of making your own vids you can make them however you want.

CrypticAshes
03-14-2012, 10:49 PM
And here is the result of a bit of tinkering:

Jimmy Jangle's 1st Headshot Montage (test) (http://youtu.be/39e4g86zFkY)

More of a test than anything. Any suggestions welcome :)

Alright first off the sound was very poor but that's due more to the ezcap than you. Secondly possibly next time go for more multi-kills and not so many singles but those are my only two problems. Now what I loved is I could tell you actually tried to get the best quality you could. The ezcap gets horrible quality and I could tell you seriously tried to make it the best it could be. That I appreciate. Most people get lazy and just record right out of the box without even thinking about settings. Refreshing to see someone doing the best they can with what they got. Keep up the good work!

MxcnPro12
03-14-2012, 10:55 PM
I need help:

I want to spend no more than $50 on the BEST recorder I can buy with that. I dont feel like wasting money on a PVR but I want to something decent. I have an HD TV so that isnt a problem. Someone help? :D

CrypticAshes
03-14-2012, 11:00 PM
I need help:

I want to spend no more than $50 on the BEST recorder I can buy with that. I dont feel like wasting money on a PVR but I want to something decent. I have an HD TV so that isnt a problem. Someone help? :D

For $50 you can get absolutely no better than a Dazzle. It costs $50 but you may be able to get it for $40 online somewhere.

MxcnPro12
03-14-2012, 11:05 PM
For $50 you can get absolutely no better than a Dazzle. It costs $50 but you may be able to get it for $40 online somewhere. Fair enough. I dont really mind a Dazzle :cool:

GolfPro72
03-15-2012, 05:54 AM
Maybe some Gears & CCR on the next one....? :cool:

CCR would be pretty great in a Gears montage! Born on the Bayou, Fortunate Son and Green River immediately come to mind.

cob i boc
03-15-2012, 06:34 AM
I need help:

Dazzle 100 is 50 bucks but you can not play in HD with any capture card less then 100. What I did when I bought my dazzle was buy a VGA converter with it so at least you could play in HD. So my ssuggestion is buy a dazzle 100 around 40 online then buy a VGA converter to play in 720p. The converter comes with SD cord wilhich is better quality then AV. Also make sure you have the VGA cord for your Xbox of not then you have to buy one online for around 10 to 20

Major Gnarl
03-15-2012, 07:09 AM
Oh how I love a good headshot montage! Freaking stinks to play it censored! :(

Like someone already said, shorter clips would make it even better. I keep thinking about this one: http://youtu.be/bcQyHQTOK8c

Juicy! :)

Jimmy Jangle
03-15-2012, 08:10 AM
Oh how I love a good headshot montage! Freaking stinks to play it censored! :(

Like someone already said, shorter clips would make it even better. I keep thinking about this one: http://youtu.be/bcQyHQTOK8c

Juicy! :)

Censored? How so?

Major Gnarl
03-15-2012, 08:21 AM
Censored? How so?

I meant for me. No popping heads if you're playing on a Japanese 360! :/

Dark Infinity 1
03-15-2012, 10:21 AM
That's the beauty of making your own vids you can make them however you want.

CCR would be pretty great in a Gears montage! Born on the Bayou, Fortunate Son and Green River immediately come to mind.

I suppose since you are new to this I should also suggest that you brush up on your copyright laws as well. Just a suggestion but Youtube has a large selection of music that you can use without worrying about copyright issues.

Jimmy Jangle
03-15-2012, 01:53 PM
Yeah I know, I remember the good old days when you didn't live in fear of SMEg steamrolling everything!

Desert pengu1n
03-15-2012, 01:59 PM
i have an easy cap record ? its DC 60 +

Desert pengu1n
03-15-2012, 02:00 PM
i have an easy cap record ? its DC 60 +
sorry meant to say it dosnt record, dosnt work ?

james288gto
03-15-2012, 02:33 PM
"Liked" it mate to get you back to even.

MxcnPro12
03-15-2012, 02:47 PM
Dazzle 100 is 50 bucks but you can not play in HD with any capture card less then 100. What I did when I bought my dazzle was buy a VGA converter with it so at least you could play in HD. So my ssuggestion is buy a dazzle 100 around 40 online then buy a VGA converter to play in 720p. The converter comes with SD cord wilhich is better quality then AV. Also make sure you have the VGA cord for your Xbox of not then you have to buy one online for around 10 to 20 Where do I buy a VGA converter?

Millions Dying
03-17-2012, 04:28 PM
That's pretty good for an EzCap. I like to think that they're 240p Black 'n White though :p