PDA

View Full Version : Respect My Authority

MeberOfTheOldGuard
03-01-2012, 11:12 AM
Played gears 2 about 2 days ago. Im sure many of you are thinking "why in the hell were you playing that crap?" Honestly, after getting killed around a corner in gears 3 with a sawed off, I felt like going back to play gears 2 and figure out what is it that kept me playing that laggy/glitchy game? Why is it that even though gears 3 is the better overall around game, i want to stop playing it already?

Right away, i was reminded of why gears 2 was very fun and not frustrating to play: The lack of kill stealing.

I was playing in jacinto, and downed the opposing player with a gnasher shot to the back from 15 ft or more(thats gears 2 for you btw :D ) All four of my team mates did not 'hump' the guy and i was even more surprised when they stood there and waited for me to walk 15 or more ft to execute the player i downed, as i did this, they began to hump/t-bag the guy.

I dont want to sound like im complaining, but rather amazed at the amount of respect 'randoms' gave you in gears 2 when you earned a kill. Sure, its a team game, but lets be honest. Those team mates that whip out a pistol to take your kills in gears 3 even when you can easily get your kill are douche bags.

I am aware that gears 3 may never be like this but i thought i'd share with you guys.

MAKING A COMMITMENT: : i've learned over the years if you want something done, you must do it yourself. I am committing to NEVER-EVER taking any kills unless the person that has scored a down is unable to secure it. Im aware that people will go around and take my kill, but i'm going to try and be the bigger individual. I wont get frustrated and i wont go out for revenge on their downs unless they let me take it. It may sound dumb, but if i can get everyone to follow this, it will make the game better.

oh and bring back the dead room!!!!!!!:p

james288gto
03-01-2012, 11:23 AM
I was expecting a thread about Cartman... :(

MeberOfTheOldGuard
03-01-2012, 11:25 AM

lawl sorry

Luneyr
03-01-2012, 11:29 AM
You got killed by the sawed off and your crying about it?

LOL

the flash show
03-01-2012, 11:29 AM
If kill stealing is your only issue that stops you having fun on GOW 3....then it's you who has the problem, not Epic. K/D ratio means nothing, so just focus on getting points and helping your team!

MeberOfTheOldGuard
03-01-2012, 11:30 AM

LOL

hell the **** yea...especially since i was on the other side of the wall

Luneyr
03-01-2012, 11:32 AM
hell the **** yea...especially since i was on the other side of the wall

baby want bottle?

MeberOfTheOldGuard
03-01-2012, 11:33 AM
If kill stealing is your only issue that stops you having fun on GOW 3....then it's you who has the problem, not Epic. K/D ratio means nothing, so just focus on getting points and helping your team!

no not the only issue. Could be the fact that mantle kick sucks ass, hit detection and other stuff. Or, maybe i played gears so much that i burned myself out on it. One thing is for sure though, maybe when i got on gears 2 it gave me a sense of nostalgia. IDK...

MeberOfTheOldGuard
03-01-2012, 11:34 AM
baby want bottle?

obvious troll wants a reaction from me? lawl

ShadowsEnclosed
03-01-2012, 11:37 AM
When Gears 1 first came out, I remember a lot of kill stealing and same goes with Gears 2. The influx of randoms always cause this and when the casual players die down the respect starts to come back around as only old and new vets remain.

Gears 3 is still very young, especially compared to Gears 1 and 2, but it also has a different audience now too. The gaming industry has gone nowhere but up so there are a lot of new people getting into these games, and it's a fact that Gears 3 tried to cater to all these new people. So, they're still playing and there are a lot of them too... We just have to keep being patient and waiting until they leave.

Also, I've noticed that it hasn't been that bad lately. I only had one match last night where it was evident that my kills were being taken as I was MVP with the most downs but fewest kills.

I don't steal kills either.

MeberOfTheOldGuard
03-01-2012, 11:41 AM
When Gears 1 first came out, I remember a lot of kill stealing and same goes with Gears 2. The influx of randoms always cause this and when the casual players die down the respect starts to come back around as only old and new vets remain.

Gears 3 is still very young, especially compared to Gears 1 and 2, but it also has a different audience now too. The gaming industry has gone nowhere but up so there are a lot of new people getting into these games, and it's a fact that Gears 3 tried to cater to all these new people. So, they're still playing and there are a lot of them too... We just have to keep being patient and waiting until they leave.

i agree. well said...patience is a virtue i guess

MrYellow
03-01-2012, 11:48 AM
The kill stealing has been ever present in gears... in Gears 2 me and my mates call the kill stealers "scavengers".... xD

Now probably few people play Gears 2... and probably those are "pros", really "lovers" of the game, not all the n00b kids playing Gears 3.

no not the only issue. Could be the fact that mantle kick sucks ass, hit detection and other stuff. Or, maybe i played gears so much that i burned myself out on it. One thing is for sure though, maybe when i got on gears 2 it gave me a sense of nostalgia. IDK...

Yeah... Gears 2 brings me memories of nights full of fun with a lot of friends; now much of them has gone from XBL or get connected few times... even I doesn't play since last monday.

Azo Galvat
03-01-2012, 11:51 AM
Huh. I played Gears 2 yesterday and the Gnasher would not ****ing work. In a private, bot-filled KOTH match.

What. The. Actual. ****.

Luneyr
03-01-2012, 11:52 AM
obvious troll wants a reaction from me? lawl

Maybe you should get better at the game and you wouldn't get killed by the sawed off.

IX FlameHaze XI
03-01-2012, 11:59 AM
Maybe you should get better at the game and you wouldn't get killed by the sawed off.

God, you're annoying. Any Thread mentioning the word Sawn off and you're there. Move.

On another note, i agree so much OP i've had only 2 games on Gears 3, which the team respected my down and let me finish my kill, both of them were clans though :P i played Gears 2 a while ago, everyone will go out of there way to not take the kill which is nice, Gears 3 is a better game but Gears 2 has better people :P

Luneyr
03-01-2012, 12:00 PM
[QUOTE=IX FlameHaze XI;30088551]God, you're annoying. Any Thread mentioning the word Sawn off and you're there. Move.

yeah, because I'm going to listen to you.........

CHEEZMO619
03-01-2012, 12:02 PM
People always yell about stealing kills and most ppl I meet are surprised by my thinking. If I am in any DM or KOTH it's about the team victory because in all the madness it is very easy for a downed player to be revived. Ppl also never stop complaining regardless of your weapon of choice that you are a SOS noob or a lancer whore. Fact is that all the weapons are part of the game so you can adapt to the players and their choice of wpns or you will always be raped. As far as the humping, I am not a big fan of that. That's just poor sportsmenship.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk #SemperFi

IX FlameHaze XI
03-01-2012, 12:03 PM
[QUOTE=IX FlameHaze XI;30088551]God, you're annoying. Any Thread mentioning the word Sawn off and you're there. Move.

yeah, because I'm going to listen to you.........

Helps when you can actually put quotes mate.

Luneyr
03-01-2012, 12:04 PM
[QUOTE=Luneyr;30088558]

Sorry super nerd...

IX FlameHaze XI
03-01-2012, 12:08 PM
Don't be, sado who looks through the Forums for an argument, me being a 'Super nerd' not having time for this pointlesness makes you sound pretyy bad, hmmm. Buh - bye, Troll.

IX FlameHaze XI
03-01-2012, 12:10 PM
[QUOTE=IX FlameHaze XI;30088571]

Sorry super nerd...

Don't be, sado who looks through the Forums for an argument, me being a 'Super nerd' not having time for this pointlesness makes you sound pretyy bad, hmmm. Buh - bye, Troll.

Luneyr
03-01-2012, 12:10 PM

Bye Super Nerd

D4u2s0t
03-01-2012, 12:27 PM
I think you should just play how you like to play, like you said. I try not to steal kills, and I try to not do anything cheap, but sometimes sxxt happens. When you're playing with randoms, it comes with the territory. I almost expect people to steal my kills, not revive me when I'm right next to them, etc. People will play cheap, people will complaign, but I'm happy with the fact that I play legit, whether or not others do. Any stats/ranks/medals/ribbons I have are earned, fair and square. They may not be as impessive as some, but they're a true showing of what I can/can't do.

Maaaaaz
03-01-2012, 12:28 PM
It's kind of a double edged sword.
Whilst it's rare for people to take your kills, the moment you kill anyone on that game "OMG YOU'RE HOST, HACKED, SCRUB, GOML" and stuff. It's so damn competitive, and once you get downed, you're humped by everyone, even when they 5v1 you and 2piece rofl.

Ripper Caine
03-01-2012, 12:56 PM
Played gears 2 about 2 days ago. Im sure many of you are thinking "why in the hell were you playing that crap?" Honestly, after getting killed around a corner in gears 3 with a sawed off, I felt like going back to play gears 2 and figure out what is it that kept me playing that laggy/glitchy game? Why is it that even though gears 3 is the better overall around game, i want to stop playing it already?

Right away, i was reminded of why gears 2 was very fun and not frustrating to play: The lack of kill stealing.

I was playing in jacinto, and downed the opposing player with a gnasher shot to the back from 15 ft or more(thats gears 2 for you btw :D ) All four of my team mates did not 'hump' the guy and i was even more surprised when they stood there and waited for me to walk 15 or more ft to execute the player i downed, as i did this, they began to hump/t-bag the guy.

I dont want to sound like im complaining, but rather amazed at the amount of respect 'randoms' gave you in gears 2 when you earned a kill. Sure, its a team game, but lets be honest. Those team mates that whip out a pistol to take your kills in gears 3 even when you can easily get your kill are douche bags.

I am aware that gears 3 may never be like this but i thought i'd share with you guys.

MAKING A COMMITMENT: : i've learned over the years if you want something done, you must do it yourself. I am committing to NEVER-EVER taking any kills unless the person that has scored a down is unable to secure it. Im aware that people will go around and take my kill, but i'm going to try and be the bigger individual. I wont get frustrated and i wont go out for revenge on their downs unless they let me take it. It may sound dumb, but if i can get everyone to follow this, it will make the game better.

oh and bring back the dead room!!!!!!!:p

I persoanally prefer a lot of the Gears 2 maps to the Gears 3 maps as well.

curtisp
03-01-2012, 01:06 PM
baby want bottle?

TROLL!!!! Someone go grab the TROLL repelant, FLAK where the F&*K are you we need TROLL repelant NAO!!!!

KillxThexClientx
03-01-2012, 01:06 PM

yeah so was i haha
good on you op but i bet you will get annoyed and give up at some point lol

curtisp
03-01-2012, 01:12 PM
[QUOTE=Luneyr;30088558]

Absolutely, this guy is most likely a complete MORON so lets just let hime believe that he can actually play this game and I'm sure it won't hurt to let him think that maybe there is someone who actually cares about his opinion lmfao-GO AWAY TROLL

Pulletlamer
03-01-2012, 01:15 PM

HAHAHAHAHA Good Joke.

Luneyr
03-01-2012, 02:30 PM
[QUOTE=IX FlameHaze XI;30088571]

Absolutely, this guy is most likely a complete MORON so lets just let hime believe that he can actually play this game and I'm sure it won't hurt to let him think that maybe there is someone who actually cares about his opinion lmfao-GO AWAY TROLL

How about @#$%^&*( you.

He Bridish
03-01-2012, 03:34 PM
Epic said they don't care about kill stealing because it's about winning the game as a team - a team game.
So what if you always got the kill if you got the down or most points? And if someone kills them when you got the down/most points they get an assist and a few more points? That would still encourage people to play as a team and you get the kills that you deserve.
Some clans also have a K/D requirement for joining their clan. What if you missed your chance of joining the clan because so many people took your kills? I'm sure that some people get their kills stolen ALL the time.

Don't let me get started about medals. Each kill that you get robbed means you will have to get another kill to make up for it. :mad:

The Gears 2 players were much more respectable. :)

Drone *
03-01-2012, 03:56 PM
I'd still play Gears 2 if it didn't come up "Unreadable Disc" 5 seconds into the beginning of a round :( Gotta get a new copy of Gears 2!

x671xCRUZaderx
03-01-2012, 03:58 PM

LOL
Always one huh?

Luneyr
03-01-2012, 04:00 PM
Always one huh?

Yep, major crybabies

MrYellow
03-01-2012, 05:22 PM
I'd still play Gears 2 if it didn't come up "Unreadable Disc" 5 seconds into the beginning of a round :( Gotta get a new copy of Gears 2!

Borrow one copy from one of your friends and install it in the HDD. ;)

Xx Shipwreck xX
03-01-2012, 05:39 PM
I've noticed a lot of kill stealing, but 70% of it is due to everyone shooting same guy and bullet sponges. Now ther have been some blatant steals but that's because there are medals tied to kills.

DaGirlzGoCrazy
03-01-2012, 05:41 PM
Gears 2 was the best time i ever had, the first game that i was compelled to make a montage for :)

MeberOfTheOldGuard
03-01-2012, 07:16 PM
HAHAHAHAHA Good Joke.

Well take out the not frustrating part lmao

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

MeberOfTheOldGuard
03-01-2012, 07:24 PM
Yep, major crybabies

You know, cause eventhough i clearly stated that this wasnt a complaint towards anything in the OP, your retardedness(new word just for you) prevails and shows everyone here how much of a dumbass you really are...ROFLCOPER!!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

OnyxProdigy
03-01-2012, 07:31 PM
Yep, major crybabies

It's obvious everyone dislikes you and thinks your a troll so... I think it's time to make a new account.

MAKKAVELLI
03-02-2012, 07:20 AM
They didn't steal simply because they are what's left of the people who played the game all the time, they know the rules of not stealing, now noobs all steal. Soon if the casuals get bored and leave we will have some mercy towards each others kills.

MOB
03-02-2012, 07:49 AM
Bye Super Nerd

Your terrible at trolling, if your going to do it try to be somewhat witty.

Drone *
03-02-2012, 08:01 AM
Borrow one copy from one of your friends and install it in the HDD. ;)
Away to blockbuster to get the scratched buffed out :p