PDA

View Full Version : Using a lancer makes you a noob ?

TheXenWorld
02-23-2012, 05:25 PM
So today I was playing KOTH On blood drive. And I only used my lancer. Main reason, I wanted to get my gold Lancer medal back. So me and my 2 friends were against a clan. 5 vs 3. Doesn't seem fair. And as soon as the game is over I walk away from the match with 36 kills and 2 deaths.
Next match the clan is still there. Get a message from their "leader" With the lines of this

"U F***** C*** with ur s**** lancer get sum skill with the gnasher n00b"

Really ? GoW3 Isn't a 1 gun game...

And just so you know I've got Gnasher Master...

So what are your thoughts on people getting mad over you using a PRIMARY weapon?

Zarp021
02-23-2012, 05:42 PM
Anything that is not a Gnasher... is noobish. It's ok.. I get it all the time too. Just ignore the gnasher sheep.

Unfortunately this is true, but yes just ignore them.

cbrinkmann1981
02-23-2012, 05:43 PM
Only one thought for me, but I think I speak for all intelligent gamers when I say it - they're f*****n C**** with their s****y gnasher-only elitist bullsh*t.

There's no shortage of those morons, either. Just give them a very pleasant "Ya mad, bro?" and maybe don an upper-class British accent and say "That was a most stupendous game, my good man, good show, good show. Shall we have buttered scones for tea today?"

RVCA741
02-23-2012, 05:44 PM
Everyone in this game is a total *****. If you aren't a Gnasher whore you're a noob. Why? I have no idea. The Gnasher is the undoubtly easiest gun to get kills with. There just mad cause they suck and can't figure out how to beat someone in a more long range battle.

My advice to those who are like this is simple, shut up and get better. Also switch your gun? Might help.

MOB
02-23-2012, 05:47 PM
Everyone in this game is a total *****. If you aren't a Gnasher whore you're a noob. Why? I have no idea. The Gnasher is the undoubtly easiest gun to get kills with. There just mad cause they suck and can't figure out how to beat someone in a more long range battle.

My advice to those who are like this is simple, shut up and get better. Also switch your gun? Might help.

Retro is the easiest gun to get kills with IMO

entelligence
02-23-2012, 05:48 PM
Gnasher Master here too.
I love lancering kids.
They can't handle it.

MongooseRawr
02-23-2012, 05:50 PM
Yeah basically if it is not a gnasher it gets called noob by anyone even though they are dieing to it. If it is a gnasher, they'll blame it on lag or whatever.

Golden RAAM
02-23-2012, 05:50 PM
If you don't use a gnasher, you suck at gears. That is indeed the opinion of ALL THE BAD players in gears :) I love all guns in this game.

RVCA741
02-23-2012, 05:52 PM
Disagree MOB, I've seen way to many people waltz into a pit of 4 enemies with a Gnasher and decimate. Personally can't say the same for the retro.

gold charro
02-23-2012, 05:54 PM
cheel out its just rage but....... yes you are a noob

KillxThexClientx
02-23-2012, 05:57 PM
nah not a noob just boring lol i like abit of lancer but 36 kills and 2 deaths? you musta been camping lol

W9496
02-23-2012, 06:35 PM
cheel out its just rage but....... yes you are a noob

Because he doesn't use the gnasher religiously?

He's not a noob for using different weapons. That would be like me calling you a noob because your name is gold charro, but I have no reason to believe you're a noob.

TheNoHeartedBeing
02-23-2012, 06:36 PM
I use my gnasher most of the time, but i have no problem with the other team using lancers. It makes the game more interesting.

EvoIuti0n
02-23-2012, 06:37 PM
i used both shotgun and each rifle i have no problems with any of them. i just hate how people will camp corners doesnt matter if its a so or gnasher some people are just campy.

OnyxProdigy
02-23-2012, 06:38 PM
If you were camping spawn the whole time I would get pissed, I wouldn't send you hate mail, but give you a good ol hump or two when I get that down.

But if you were at least moving around the map I wouldn't really be cranky enough to resort to name calling.

Freakish_Adrian
02-23-2012, 06:41 PM
Scrubs can't handle all this swag.

insanehorder
02-23-2012, 06:42 PM
lol this is my new favorite thred. lol petition to use all the weapons in the game and not be harassed be gnasher only users.

xX DOMmented Xx
02-23-2012, 06:43 PM
Most people nailed it on the head for ya bud, if you don't use a gnasher you're not allowed to play online multiplayer. I actually had my teammates the other day b*tch and complain the whole game because I was carrying a SO instead of a gnasher. Really? What does my loadout have to do with you? I say play the game how you enjoy it, that's what its all about at the end of the day, whether or not you enjoyed your experience. Who cares about anyone else?

GeaR 614
02-23-2012, 06:43 PM
You didn't hear? It Gnasher of War now. lol

The only time I have a problem with the lancer is when the guy holding it is camping a corner from 50 feet with a full clip of active. Do it once or twice, ok. Do it for the entire match and it pisses me off.

The Gnasher is the easiest gun in the game to get a kill with, and if you suck at the game you can still get lucky sometimes. Not the guy holding the Lancer's fault that you don't know how to take cover which is what the game was built on if you don't remember the release of the first game, gears slowed down the typical "run and gun" shooter that COD and BF are today and gave you cover to hide behind that actually stops bullets. SO USE IT!!!

OnyxProdigy
02-23-2012, 07:10 PM
Most people nailed it on the head for ya bud, if you don't use a gnasher you're not allowed to play online multiplayer. I actually had my teammates the other day b*tch and complain the whole game because I was carrying a SO instead of a gnasher. Really? What does my loadout have to do with you? I say play the game how you enjoy it, that's what its all about at the end of the day, whether or not you enjoyed your experience. Who cares about anyone else?

Dommented your worse than the gnasher fans. EVERY SINGLE post you have is crying and moaning about how people won't accept you because you use a weapon that was made for people bad with the standard shotgun. You must know you are bad at the game if you feel the need to make 99% of your post about hating the gnasher. If anyone needs to grow up it's you.

You are the biggest hypocrite ever...

xTZAx
02-23-2012, 07:12 PM
I couldn't care less what anyone thinks of me, I will use every weapon available in the game.

MOB
02-23-2012, 07:14 PM
Disagree MOB, I've seen way to many people waltz into a pit of 4 enemies with a Gnasher and decimate. Personally can't say the same for the retro.

I've seen the retro down in less than a second, and usually to be an above average shotgun player you have good movement. Also i can say the retro is a lot more consistent than the gnasher.

Kuronishen
02-23-2012, 07:15 PM
Anything that is not a Gnasher... is noobish. It's ok.. I get it all the time too. Just ignore the gnasher sheep.

This is how it's been since Gears 1, unfortunately...

W9496
02-23-2012, 07:17 PM
I couldn't care less what anyone thinks of me, I will use every weapon available in the game.

That's more like it! Maybe we could all learn something from this guy.

No player is worth less than another because they choose a different weapon.

OnyxProdigy
02-23-2012, 07:20 PM
That's more like it! Maybe we could all learn something from this guy.

No player is worth less than another because they choose a different weapon.

The they use sawed-off and retro and hump my dead corpse.....THEY WILL BE JUDGED.

two piece farva
02-23-2012, 07:21 PM
no matter what weapon you use you will always be called a noob i was sent 10 hatemall msgs the other day because i used the retro come to find out the other guy is using a retro also the one i killed anyways i sent him a msg back asking him what weapon he would like me to use when i kill him next and he left point is no matter what everyone at some point gets this

Kuronishen
02-23-2012, 07:30 PM
It shouldn't be. if the lancer headshotted in Gears 1 and worked properly instead of the Gnasher and the Gnasher was the borged ****ed up version we got in Gears 2, 5 years later it'd be the other way around.

Alternate reality *insert Twilight zone theme*

W9496
02-23-2012, 07:31 PM
The they use sawed-off and retro and hump my dead corpse.....THEY WILL BE JUDGED.

But why? They are simply using the tools available to them. I don't see anything wrong with that. Except the humping part, because that is always despicable.

The best thing you can do is learn from your mistakes and keep going instead of dwelling on which weapon killed you last life.

TheRealBigBoss
02-23-2012, 07:39 PM
I love the Lancer, but sometimes Gears etiquette requires that you gnasher duel. It's been that way since Gears 1. Personally though it's up to the individual to decide which weapon to use for whatever they feel the situation requires, and I don't think less of anyone just because of their weapon choice. But I will pull out the gnasher when I personally feel it's necessary, it's like this strange compulsion, kinda hard to explain. :o

D3mon Heartz
02-23-2012, 07:46 PM
Haha dude quit raging and get over it. How can you judge a person from the weapon they use??? If anyone is a true Gears Master they can use any weapon in the game and be good with it. They also can handle any weapon being used on them. Obviously your not good if all you do is rage on people who used the Sawed-Off and Retro. Its in the game, its never going away and Im sorry that you must deal with this. Have a nice day :D

Kuronishen
02-23-2012, 07:47 PM
Haha dude quit raging and get over it. How can you judge a person from the weapon they use??? If anyone is a true Gears Master they can use any weapon in the game and be good with it. They also can handle any weapon being used on them. Obviously your not good if all you do is rage on people who used the Sawed-Off and Retro. Its in the game, its never going away and Im sorry that you must deal with this. Have a nice day :D

DO the terms "skill gap" and "learning curve" mean anything to you?

xX DOMmented Xx
02-23-2012, 07:52 PM
Dommented your worse than the gnasher fans. EVERY SINGLE post you have is crying and moaning about how people won't accept you because you use a weapon that was made for people bad with the standard shotgun. You must know you are bad at the game if you feel the need to make 99% of your post about hating the gnasher. If anyone needs to grow up it's you.

You are the biggest hypocrite ever...

How am I a hypocrite? Because I tell people to enjoy the game how they want? How does that make me rude? I never said people shouldn't use the gnasher. By all means, use which ever gun YOU like, and realize the next person should do the same. I make 99% of my post about leaving the game alone because they have already changed enough to cater to people. The game should be played the way it is, you either enjoy it or you don't. When I die from the gnasher, guess what? I respawn and continue to play. I don't send little immature messages to people complaining, I could careless. At the end of the day I still enjoy playing the game, and will for some time. People like you need to realize that just because someone doesn't use the same gun as you doesn't make them a noob, it simply makes them DIFFERENT. Which is fine by the way if you didn't know. And I have openly said I'm not the best at the game, I have never claimed to be. I just simply enjoy playing. Just realize because you might be good at a video game, basically means nothing. Sorry to break it to you. So don't attack me, and don't put words in my mouth. It's a video game, and everyone paid the same price to play it, so they can play it the way they prefer.

OnyxProdigy
02-23-2012, 07:52 PM

Obviously you can't read if you missed the part where I said IF THEY HUMP ME. I use to use saeed off AND retro so you are just to easer to flame someone Mr. Keyboard warrior. Have a nice day.

OnyxProdigy
02-23-2012, 07:53 PM
How am I a hypocrite? Because I tell people to enjoy the game how they want? How does that make me rude? I never said people shouldn't use the gnasher. By all means, use which ever gun YOU like, and realize the next person should do the same. I make 99% of my post about leaving the game alone because they have already changed enough to cater to people. The game should be played the way it is, you either enjoy it or you don't. When I die from the gnasher, guess what? I respawn and continue to play. I don't send little immature messages to people complaining, I could careless. At the end of the day I still enjoy playing the game, and will for some time. People like you need to realize that just because someone doesn't use the same gun as you doesn't make them a noob, it simply makes them DIFFERENT. Which is fine by the way if you didn't know. And I have openly said I'm not the best at the game, I have never claimed to be. I just simply enjoy playing. Just realize because you might be good at a video game, basically means nothing. Sorry to break it to you. So don't attack me, and don't put words in my mouth. It's a video game, and everyone paid the same price to play it, so they can play it the way they prefer.

Please tell me where I critisized any gun. PLEASE. Who's putting words in whos mouth?

FearsomeOyster
02-23-2012, 07:53 PM

So what are your thoughts on people getting mad over you using a PRIMARY weapon?
You just said it was not a 1 gun game and yet you only used 1 gun smh.

Kuronishen
02-23-2012, 07:58 PM
You just said it was not a 1 gun game and yet you only used 1 gun smh.

Onyxing a weapon =/= using only one gun.

FearsomeOyster
02-23-2012, 07:59 PM
Onyxing a weapon =/= using only one gun.
Not what I said...he said that he only used the lancer and then said that the game was not a 1 gun game and if it's not why did he use one gun...

gold charro
02-23-2012, 08:14 PM
ok disculpen que escriba en espaņol pero quiero expresarme claramente

los argumentos de la gente que utiliza rifles y los defienden a muerte son basura lo unico que hacen es dar escusas

el punto medular es el siguiente: todas las armas en este juego tienen una linea diferente de aprendizaje unas como los rifles son las primeras que aprendemos a usar ya que son mucho mas sencillas que otras en este caso la gnasher.
la gnasher tiene una curva de aprendizaje mucho mas tardada y logicamente es mas complicada para utilizar.

lo que los " usuarios de rifles " no logran entender es que los que ya tenemos mas tiempo en este juego sabemos utilizar los rifles de pies a cabeza pero no lo hacemos porque para nosotros ya es muy aburrido el juego si tenemos que jugarlo con las mecanicas de los rifles es decir un tipo de juego muy pero muy lento y nunca con riesgos si con riesgos no nos importa correrlos con tal de tener una experiencia de juego gratificante
otra cosa si nosotros utilizaramos los rifles de igual manera que ustedes se volveria un juego todavia mas aburido incluso para ustedes ya que no tendrian a quien dispararle devido a que los unicos que atacamos somos nosotros poniendonos en riesgo cosa que no tenemos por que hacer pero es la manera en la que te va transformando el juego a medida que pasas mas horas jugandolo asi que no vengan a vender pendejadas y jueguen mas tiempo antes de opinar en estos foros
gracias

FLaW ChRiS
02-23-2012, 08:14 PM
Anything that is not a Gnasher... is noobish. It's ok.. I get it all the time too. Just ignore the gnasher sheep.And i will ignore the 1 weapon sheep. Use all of your weapons and ignore any message OP.

mGun
02-23-2012, 08:21 PM
lmao that guy should just hop on gears one pretty sure every one uses gnasher there how can u play gears 3 with 5 starting weapons and get mad at every other gun other then the gnasher does he thinks those guns were put in for looks

o S L E D G E o
02-23-2012, 08:23 PM
This is a very diverse game. People complain about everything, myself particularly. I hate dieing in general...lol. But the people who refuse to play "outside" of their accustomed play style, cry and whine. Be diverse, outsmart your opponent.

Trashball Cole
02-23-2012, 08:25 PM
Oh, so you haven't heard? Getting killed by a gun instantly makes you a noob. :rolleyes:

Princelaharl664
02-23-2012, 08:31 PM
Don't get me wrong, I love gears 3 as the prefect gears imo. I do feel that the Lancer has a tad large clip, enough to take down 2 guys. With the stopping power + large clip, it does well with hit fire in close range.

Still, there are ways to over come the weapon, those guys are just bad at the game and mad.

MilkManX
02-23-2012, 08:38 PM
These ding dong Gnasher only people expect everyone to play that way. Sounds boring to me. I change it up depending on the map or if I really want to work on Medals. Screw those 1 gun freaks.

GearsIsAwesome
02-23-2012, 08:40 PM
Ingore them

They be raging that you Actually can play the game more then it should be.

Also did you win..

OnyxProdigy
People stop with the comments talking about weapon power. They are 100% UNrelated.

GearsIsAwesome
Oh, so you haven't heard? Getting killed by a gun instantly makes you a noob. :rolleyes:

Wow

Im 10,000 Noob?

thebeastnamedjoe
02-23-2012, 09:23 PM
let your haters be your moviators

BadMoonRising
02-23-2012, 10:08 PM
I've been playing quite a lot of Zeta lately so I've been using that lancer (feels a bit buffed in Zeta).

Bacho
02-23-2012, 11:06 PM
Isn't the lancer far more buffed with the stopping power, which was taken out for Zeta?

IMO, people always look for a reason to hate and call BS on why they died, whether it be lag, pre-actives, hit-boxes, and my favorite rapid fire mods.

Snrm
02-23-2012, 11:09 PM
Just deal with the fact that you can't do good in Gears without someone saying your using something noobish or your doing"noob things"

krow11
02-23-2012, 11:13 PM
lol it is noob...cuz the stopping power ruins the whole fight...i mean as much fun as it is to kill somebody it takes the whole competition out the game...all you gotta doo is point shoot and wait for them to get bored...it shouldnt be that easy...all the guns have massive strengths that are even more so amplified with there active....hammerburst is the only weapon i have to say is fair...cuz it takes a trigger finger so your not just sitting there sprayin some dude down full blast holdin LT xD...idk but id prefer even a sawed off team to a whole team of lancers whores xD ...last thing i wana say...im all for supporting roles...but ..somepeople just ride the gnasher players dick sometimes...lol theyll have no kills but be in first lace ...lol why? cuz they lancer everybody down to the point where they can do nothing but hide and camp...whitch in turn...makes the game into CoD...:P

insanehorder
02-23-2012, 11:24 PM
i never understand the cod comparisons if you camp in gears you win if you camp in cod you might do alright for a couple of minutes but if you stop moving you die. if you try to hide the snipers get you. gears and cod two very different concepts i think anyone making this comparison has never actually played cod for any real amount of time. lets stop the comparisons

Lambent Venom
02-24-2012, 12:06 AM
Rage messages like that just shows how much they need anger management. Last time I checked weapons were not placed in a game so you couldn't use them.

Carmine69
02-24-2012, 12:22 AM
Those kids are just jealous that they aren't smart enough to switch into their rifles. People got to understand that there is more than 1 reliable gun now.

SewnMouthSecret
02-24-2012, 12:35 AM
Rage messages like that just shows how much they need anger management. Last time I checked weapons were not placed in a game so you couldn't use them.

Very nice...

xX DOMmented Xx
02-24-2012, 01:14 AM
i never understand the cod comparisons if you camp in gears you win if you camp in cod you might do alright for a couple of minutes but if you stop moving you die. if you try to hide the snipers get you. gears and cod two very different concepts i think anyone making this comparison has never actually played cod for any real amount of time. lets stop the comparisons

I've never understood the comparisons either, but people throw that out here on the forums a lot. Gears is a much better all around game. I reallly enjoyed CoD at first but its been the same exact thing for yers now. Using cover isn't camping.

DenyThisFlesh
02-24-2012, 12:18 PM
Only bad or one-dimensional players constantly complain about rifles in my experience.

ben1bob
02-24-2012, 12:20 PM
So today I was playing KOTH On blood drive. And I only used my lancer. Main reason, I wanted to get my gold Lancer medal back. So me and my 2 friends were against a clan. 5 vs 3. Doesn't seem fair. And as soon as the game is over I walk away from the match with 36 kills and 2 deaths.
Next match the clan is still there. Get a message from their "leader" With the lines of this

one person called you a lancer noob.

don't take it to heart. the guy is just an idiot.

Sharkshot
02-24-2012, 12:29 PM
Well, today I killed 7 people as last man out, I had a gnasher only, and I was called 'f*****G noobie!!!' in rage messages, I feel your pain. :(

Chain510soldier
02-24-2012, 12:48 PM
When they send messages about you using lancer over Gnasher do the following:

1. Seek out the the person who sent the message
2. Lancer him down with pure prejudice
3. As your going to get your kill pullout Gnasher
4. Kill him
5. Reply with a message saying "See I can use my Gnasher :)"

Born Brothers
02-24-2012, 01:03 PM

4. Kill him

And this ^ ladies and gentleman are how rifle users get gnasher master. :D

No KNOTsense
02-24-2012, 01:08 PM
The real noobs are the five-man clans that play quick match and still lose.

Shotchipmunk77
02-24-2012, 01:10 PM
You KNOW your a noob when you call someone else a noob for destroying you OwO
Only Noobs can call other people Noobs.

KaY C
02-24-2012, 01:14 PM
If anything that would say it's more lethal..
Not easier to use.

DustinVanDamage
02-24-2012, 01:16 PM
The best thing about this is, that an actual group of players who consider themselves a competitive group.
Such as a game battles team, would in fact work on team lancering, instead of gnasher 1 v 1.

KaY C
02-24-2012, 01:19 PM
If anything that would say it's more lethal..
Not easier to use.

Scratch1Glowie
02-24-2012, 01:43 PM
I usually reply with "LOL" and its gets them even more mad.

Maaaaaz
02-24-2012, 03:22 PM
Use any weapon that someone else doesn't and you're a noob. Lol.

Zarp021
02-24-2012, 03:26 PM
Use any weapon that someone else doesn't and you're a noob. Lol.

It's sad but yes, that does seem to be the case most of the time.

Savvy Noob
02-24-2012, 03:30 PM
i get major hatemail with my hb so much i put on my motto ''no i dont mod my hamy' i also get on mic instantly and wind them up until they come after me then i body them with the gnasher ive done it a few times in the past few days

xX RaMoN Xx
02-24-2012, 03:35 PM
I can't believe people get so butthurt about "variety users"

xX RaMoN Xx
02-24-2012, 03:46 PM
ok disculpen que escriba en espaņol pero quiero expresarme claramente

los argumentos de la gente que utiliza rifles y los defienden a muerte son basura lo unico que hacen es dar escusas

el punto medular es el siguiente: todas las armas en este juego tienen una linea diferente de aprendizaje unas como los rifles son las primeras que aprendemos a usar ya que son mucho mas sencillas que otras en este caso la gnasher.
la gnasher tiene una curva de aprendizaje mucho mas tardada y logicamente es mas complicada para utilizar.

lo que los " usuarios de rifles " no logran entender es que los que ya tenemos mas tiempo en este juego sabemos utilizar los rifles de pies a cabeza pero no lo hacemos porque para nosotros ya es muy aburrido el juego si tenemos que jugarlo con las mecanicas de los rifles es decir un tipo de juego muy pero muy lento y nunca con riesgos si con riesgos no nos importa correrlos con tal de tener una experiencia de juego gratificante
otra cosa si nosotros utilizaramos los rifles de igual manera que ustedes se volveria un juego todavia mas aburido incluso para ustedes ya que no tendrian a quien dispararle devido a que los unicos que atacamos somos nosotros poniendonos en riesgo cosa que no tenemos por que hacer pero es la manera en la que te va transformando el juego a medida que pasas mas horas jugandolo asi que no vengan a vender pendejadas y jueguen mas tiempo antes de opinar en estos foros
gracias that's not true, I've played all 3 gears' and honestly I play each differently. Gears 1=gnasher +power weapon only, Gears 2= Same as Gears 1 with a little more rifle. Gears 3 all the guns actually are effective so i'd like to use em all. Rifles arent easy to use, they can get u killed easily if u try to use them against multiple people at once, u must understand what is effective at what range and switch weapons appropriately. Gnasher is quick and fun, but Chainsawing, Retro Charging, and STAYING ALIVE NO MATTER WHAT and thru EVERYTHING make the game fun. Whatever though, thats my view.

gold charro
02-24-2012, 04:31 PM

and whats the problem for beeing a noob? didnt we all start playing this game at some point ?

that whas just rage but the real problem is they way some weapons make you play in this case the lancer ( and rifles ) this are guns to primary stay in cover and wait for other to cross your shooting line and that is kind of cheep cus if every one play that way no one will ever get kill. so basickly players that love using rifles need people to rush over the map with out them they will have no one to shoot at and thats where the hate comes hahaha because a player is taking more risks to play the game than a rifle user that its just hiding and having alwais an advantage over the player pushing

A TEAM ALLMELLO
02-24-2012, 04:38 PM
while i can feel his pain because it can be very annoying when people use lancer in gnasher situations by strafing, back pedaling and hipfiring active lancer bullets. sadly enough its cheap and reliable so i do it myself lol :D

good win 5v3

Aalok
02-24-2012, 04:41 PM

i got 3 downs back to back once with a retro. then i went boom.

Aalok
02-24-2012, 04:45 PM

4. Kill him

priceless to read! all the people at work think i am insane now for laughing so much.

gold charro
02-24-2012, 04:50 PM
that's not true, I've played all 3 gears' and honestly I play each differently. Gears 1=gnasher +power weapon only, Gears 2= Same as Gears 1 with a little more rifle. Gears 3 all the guns actually are effective so i'd like to use em all. Rifles arent easy to use, they can get u killed easily if u try to use them against multiple people at once, u must understand what is effective at what range and switch weapons appropriately. Gnasher is quick and fun, but Chainsawing, Retro Charging, and STAYING ALIVE NO MATTER WHAT and thru EVERYTHING make the game fun. Whatever though, thats my view.

you want to quote me? because you didnt say anithing abaut my post

cbrinkmann1981
02-24-2012, 05:18 PM

4. Kill him

Signature Influence Achievement unlocked, Chain510soldier - Post a comment that another player uses as his/her signature due to its beefy, juicy truth content.

indigo
02-24-2012, 06:06 PM
Had this the other day and some guy went mental haha.
I just put lol thanks for the easy kills your lack of skill really made it very quick for me to tally my kills up

R0gueSc0peZz
02-24-2012, 06:08 PM
it all depends. If your ONLY using lancer than yea thats noob. but since you have gnasher master then i'd assume your not...

Gnashnbash
02-24-2012, 06:09 PM
using the lancer doesnt make you a noob. using it nonstop to avoid all 1v1 gnasher confrontation does.

Omishka
02-24-2012, 06:11 PM
Hey broski, it's ok im a gnasher master too but I whore the lancer as well XD were not perfect XD

cbrinkmann1981
02-24-2012, 07:02 PM
using the lancer doesnt make you a noob. using it nonstop to avoid all 1v1 gnasher confrontation does.

You do realize that Gears of War is a tactical, team-based shooter, right?

If you want 1 verses 1 battles, there's always Mortal Kombat. I'm not going to waste my, and my teammates' time by closing my eyes and waiting for 10 minutes to see if there might be someone who wants to shotgun duel. I'm going to play the game as it was intended to be played and play to win. If a buddy of mine wants to do a private match where we are the only two people in the map, that's one thing, but in public, you're playing with 9 other people, and I'm not going to bore them to death just to satisfy your Philistine desire to have an "honorable" shotgun duel.

Born Brothers
02-24-2012, 07:08 PM
You do realize that Gears of War is a tactical, team-based shooter, right?

If you want 1 verses 1 battles, there's always Mortal Kombat. I'm not going to waste my, and my teammates' time by closing my eyes and waiting for 10 minutes to see if there might be someone who wants to shotgun duel. I'm going to play the game as it was intended to be played and play to win. If a buddy of mine wants to do a private match where we are the only two people in the map, that's one thing, but in public, you're playing with 9 other people, and I'm not going to bore them to death just to satisfy your Philistine desire to have an "honorable" shotgun duel.
Lol, your obviously someone whose been playing gears since the first game.

However, unlike everyone else you refused to take out your gnasher and proceeded to get superman'd and T-bagged until your eyes bled. Gears 2 rolled around and you still refused gnasher even though Epic decided to make the range on it out of this world.

Then Gears 3 landed and Epic put a mini-mulcher on your back and you surrounded yourself with teammates who think exactly like you and hopped on here and made that post. :D

Enjoy riffling me with your entire team across the map then scratching your head after realizing your only using 2 buttons to play the game. (Left trigger + Right trigger, tactical eh?)

Hell, you probably pick civilian anya and myrrah at that.. Goodbye :D

cbrinkmann1981
02-24-2012, 07:15 PM
Lol, your obviously someone whose been playing gears since the first game.

However, unlike everyone else you refused to take out your gnasher and proceeded to get superman'd and T-bagged until your eyes bled. Gears 2 rolled around and you still refused gnasher even though Epic decided to make the range on it out of this world.

Then Gears 3 landed and Epic put a mini-mulcher on your back and you surrounded yourself with teammates who think exactly you and hopped on here and made that post. :D

Well, your first sentence is correct. Would you have preferred I didn't play Gears at all until the third one? If so, sorry to disappoint you.

Unfortunately for you, that's the only part you got right. Shame that the least relevant part of your post regarding the discussion at hand is the only one you can pat yourself on the back for.

I will admit that I do play with people who realize that there's more than one weapon in the Gears universe, and who also realize that teamwork is part of the game (and always has been.) I'm sorry that you're apparently the other guy in this scenario.

x671xCRUZaderx
02-24-2012, 07:23 PM
I like to laugh at them and send a message saying GG:)

B5S4Karnage
02-24-2012, 08:35 PM
from what i have gathered you are a noob unless you wall bounce and throw rocks at people to get kills. It doesn't matter at all they are just butthurt that you are smarter than they are.