PDA

View Full Version : Give us the option to boot players that go AFC (Away from Controller)

SoulCal
02-06-2012, 04:24 PM
I dislike it when people log onto an online game, when proceed to not play. Here are the problems AFCers present in each gametype:

Wingman/Brothers to the End: If your wingman isn't gonna play, then what's the point of wingman?
TDM: With limited respawns and you have an AFCer use 3-4 spawns by contributing nothing,
KotH: Obvious really.
CTL: When the leader is the one AFC, there's no point to protecting the leader if he isn't playing.
Exe/warzone: A full 1-2 rounds can be played before an auto-boot (if auto-boot is in the game) starts.

And when I see multiple teammates (2 or 3) be AFC at a time, I just drop games because there's no point in trying to win a 3v5 situation. I can obviously tell that some people do this on purpose so they can try to boost the Onyx Medals.

I think the option should be there like many PC games to boot players who go AFC. You call a vote with your teammates and if they vote YES, and if that player has had no game activity for that match, then they get the boot. What do you all think?

EDIT: Sorry for the typo in the poll; should be "Should WE have the option to boot players that go Away from Controller?"

Guu-sama
02-06-2012, 04:29 PM
you're auto-booted from online games after being away for.. i think its 2-3 minutes. If they are occassionally touching buttons or moving the control sticks, they aren't really away are they.

If they put in a vote to kick option, it can and probably would be abused.

Richtophen
02-06-2012, 04:32 PM
you're auto-booted from online games after being away for.. i think its 2-3 minutes. If they are occassionally touching buttons or moving the control sticks, they aren't really away are they.

If they put in a vote to kick option, it can and probably would be abused.

it doesn't kick the person if the round ends before their time is up. This presents a big problem in Execution/Warzone.

Guu-sama
02-06-2012, 04:36 PM
it doesn't kick the person if the round ends before their time is up. This presents a big problem in Execution/Warzone.Thats true, you have a valid point there. However, how would you recommend it be fixed? I don't think its fair to auto-kick someone after not moving for just 1 minute. But most rounds in execution will probably end way before 5 minutes.

SoulCal
02-06-2012, 04:38 PM
Even so, 2-3 minutes is quite a long time in a game like GoW3. I don't know for sure if this 2-3 minute limit exists, but if it does then it needs to be reduced. You can loose entire matches because someone takes up 2-3 respawns, the leader was AFC, or a gametype like execution where rounds can potentially only be 45 seconds.

I can see the argument that it can be abused, but that's why I added the idea of if there is no game activity. Some people may just not like their teammate and vote to boot him, but if that player is actually shooting, going under cover, etc, then he doesn't get the boot even if he is just a poor player. Anyway, I've seen several times people end complete matches with zero points. If they aren't going to contribute, they shouldn't be in the match to start with.

Aalok
02-06-2012, 04:39 PM
a kick option would be horribly abused. with the trash talking and horrid attitudes towards one another in the exact same community, WE cannot be trusted to have any sort of option like that. Hell if i hop in a horde match save money and make a silverback for the new players AND I NEVER USE IT AFTER I BUILD IT...what are the chances of some ass kicking me from the group? what because im trying to be nice? really? that would happen alot. how about if there is someone on your team that is getting singled out or is constantly separated from the group. people would kick them in an instant because all the nerds are so hardcore about a damn video game. its fun yes...but it would only be giving ppl with no restraint to begin with more power.

SoulCal
02-06-2012, 04:47 PM
a kick option would be horribly abused. with the trash talking and horrid attitudes towards one another in the exact same community, WE cannot be trusted to have any sort of option like that. Hell if i hop in a horde match save money and make a silverback for the new players AND I NEVER USE IT AFTER I BUILD IT...what are the chances of some ass kicking me from the group? what because im trying to be nice? really? that would happen alot. how about if there is someone on your team that is getting singled out or is constantly separated from the group. people would kick them in an instant because all the nerds are so hardcore about a damn video game. its fun yes...but it would only be giving ppl with no restraint to begin with more power.There are easy ways to check if the player is actually AFC; look at their points (if they have zero for an extended period of time), how many bullets did they shoot, how long they stay at a specific spawn without moving. This would be a decent way to prevent it. It's not like 4 teammates should win a vote if the 5th player is crummy and they want him gone if he's doing something like walking around the center of Old Town.

aweZm
02-06-2012, 04:50 PM
The auto-kick should be faster at the very least.

Aalok
02-06-2012, 04:50 PM
they should have some kind of punishment to enforce players not doing this. just like dropping a ranked match. if player has no input commands for 2 rounds, drop and penalize. and do this online for standard. if ppl wanna boost on private let them. how many would be idle boosting online after that?

and possibly have a way to detect rbanding. continuous single commands w no points.

SewnMouthSecret
02-06-2012, 04:54 PM
they should have some kind of punishment to enforce players not doing this. just like dropping a ranked match. if player has no input commands for 2 rounds, drop and penalize. and do this online for standard. if ppl wanna boost on private let them. how many would be idle boosting online after that?

and possibly have a way to detect rbanding. continuous single commands w no points.

Completely agree.

SewnMouthSecret
02-06-2012, 04:57 PM
I would love to be able to vote them out. But the option to teammates would have to be initiated by the server. Otherwise, it would definitely be abused. As stated above, it would be abused and the GOW community of gamers is not ready for that kind of power. Of course, it would have to given in between rounds, otherwise people will end up getting killed while trying to answer the "kick inactive teammate" question.

twizz
02-06-2012, 05:03 PM
Auto boot works fine, the only change I would make would be to add 30sec countdown at the start of each round, if your still sitting in spawn you get a boot

ObservationSlave
02-06-2012, 05:09 PM
Honestly, anyone who has 0 points after a certain amount of time deserves to be kicked whether they are playing or not.

SoulCal
02-06-2012, 05:09 PM
Auto boot works fine, the only change I would make would be to add 30sec countdown at the start of each round, if your still sitting in spawn you get a bootA countdown would be great, and reducing the time to 30 seconds would be for the best. Having an AFC indicator at the start of every round (or perhaps every respawn) would be amazing to have! The only problem with this is that some players will run out of spawn, switch weapons, etc, and so they are no longer considered "AFC." Another solution would be that if you have not moved by the time a teammate is killed, then it boots you.

The Dom Knight
02-06-2012, 05:42 PM
I voted "No" but only because there could be a lot of misunderstanding.

If a team is losing and frustrated, the moment they see some random name "Boot BlahBlahBlah from match?", everyone will vote yes without even thinking twice. Something therapeutic about it

But I completely agree something needs to be done about the idlers (and quitters). More severe penalties and a better way of detecting them and kicking them out.

I'm sick of playing Ranked and we're facing a stacked team and our teammate doesn't move at all.

ALIENWAR3
02-06-2012, 05:47 PM
Voted NO because people will abuse this power just like left 4 dead and other games.