PDA

View Full Version : The Mantle Kick

squizzot
02-03-2012, 04:36 PM
Any word on when Epic will repair this broken mechanic? I realize that it's only been six months since launch and that they've had important things to do like release cool new weapon skins, but really is it too much to ask?

ObservationSlave
02-03-2012, 04:51 PM
I hope you are sarcastic about the new weapon skins. I find it absolutely pathetic that they are making new skins and characters but do not even fix the broken mechanics of this game. Today I was very far off of a cover and I got mantle kicked. It makes no sense and needs to be fixed. I don't care about skins, I want a playable game.

addicted2SODA
02-03-2012, 05:00 PM
yeah it can be pretty annoying I like the idea but the range is insane I'm not gonna ask for a fix though I've (oh whats the word that gnasher fanboys love to throw around oh yeah) adapted :p

Maaaaaz
02-03-2012, 05:01 PM
Loving the tone of the post ;)
Seriously though, I think almost everyone would be happy if the next TU would be solely devoted to fixing things such as mantle, ink, sponging, servers, FR maps on QM and various other things identified on the forums.

addicted2SODA
02-03-2012, 05:04 PM
How about a TU that makes everything the way it was at launch except for the Fenix rising lag I keep hearing about

ChAoS1459
02-03-2012, 05:06 PM
I'm pretty sure that the problems have something to do with the hit-detection/lag relationship.

Swyped from my Android phone.

patriot715
02-03-2012, 05:46 PM
Mantle kick is broken and they have not mentioned it, despite being asked in the Live Stream questions thread every time Rod does one. They are simply ignoring the fact that you can mantle someone 20 feet away, you can sometimes mantle over the top of people, and when you mantle someone on perpendicular cover, it sends them back from their cover instead of yours.

Ridiculous. But oh well.. guess we're all just self-entitled babies who should just complain about everything.

Vancouva
02-03-2012, 05:51 PM
They should scrap it because I doubt they're going to fix it.

HGunSlingerX
02-03-2012, 07:48 PM
They should scrap it because I doubt they're going to fix it.

I agree, cover to cover battles were enjoyable too.

SLB4EVER
02-03-2012, 07:57 PM
I've never really noticed any issues with it. I try to avoid it and I think I do a decent enough job. Anyone got any videos of the issue?

rustyn
02-03-2012, 09:23 PM
You can mantle KICK?? I thought it was just a cool animation to hop over the oppponent on the other side and say what's up!

Bernie
02-03-2012, 09:28 PM
I hope you are sarcastic about the new weapon skins. I find it absolutely pathetic that they are making new skins and characters but do not even fix the broken mechanics of this game. Today I was very far off of a cover and I got mantle kicked. It makes no sense and needs to be fixed. I don't care about skins, I want a playable game.
I can see where your coming from, but there is only so much they can do at once. Not to mention how much support there showing for the more competitive aspect of GoW. We can not just assume them to stop everything and fix everysingle thing. there trying to keep Players interested by doing little neat things such as Thrashball Drone and weapon skins, and Re-Up Systems. Aswell as alter map Weapon swaps from user request. They are doing literally 30 million times better then what they did on Gears of War 2. and people like yourself still complain when they can't fix 1 thing. Give it time and it will eventually be fixed.

C0leTrained
02-03-2012, 09:32 PM
It honestly is ridiculous. The idea of the mantle is great. First of all, it just makes sense that you can kick someone over cover. Second, its fun as hell when you do it (because you feel pretty bad ass). But Epic really needs to tweak it so that its not a bull**** kick 90% of the time. It was a smart move for them to add this but it was a bad move to not tweak it after tons of complaints.

Slimmy129
02-03-2012, 10:15 PM
yesterday I was mantal kicked acrossed the street I was on hotel and behind the cover just below the stairs then I saw someone coming so I ran barrelrolled all the way to the sidewalk then randomly dizzy desides to have a freaking stroke and fall to the ground only to be one shotted from the stairs by a gnasher DA FUK?

2trillwitdagnasher
02-03-2012, 10:29 PM
yesterday i mantle kicked right over the top of an enemy on the other side of cover literally completely over his head it was on check out the person even stayed in cover position when i turned around after it happened. wtf?

DAPPZ
02-04-2012, 12:30 AM
Lol i got mantle kicked over a wall and i was almost jump distance away from it!, it's amazing how perfect this game was and a shame to see how bad it's gone to now, hope these glitches are fixed asap.