PDA

View Full Version : Plain and simple

Jmoney87
01-29-2012, 04:12 PM
Plain and simple if you agree then cool if not oh well.. But I really think they should take the boom shot off of so many maps so many games are dictated by who has the boom and that basically calls winner.

SA T0WNS FINEST
01-29-2012, 04:14 PM
yes .

W9496
01-29-2012, 04:18 PM
I agree. The boomshot in its current form is three free kills for your side.

mags1412
01-29-2012, 04:19 PM
Plain and simple if you agree then cool if not oh well.. But I really think they should take the boom shot off of so many maps so many games are dictated by who has the boom and that basically calls winner.

You have to remember Gears of War is a team game. Communication is key. If your team makes a push on the Boom shot or forces him to waste them you can easily take control of the area. If your team fails to control Boomshot andd the other power weapon on the map, well you were just outplayed big time.

Mistress Luna
01-29-2012, 04:20 PM
Hey. Guess what? I have an awesome idea.

Rush the Boomshot so you get it and they don't.

Bossgdt09
01-29-2012, 04:29 PM
The game has an old-school power weapon pickup style of gameplay. Rushing sniper is like rushing boomshot. Whoever gets there first and can successfully pick up the weapon without getting themselves killed gains a tactical upper hand. I've seen players miss with boom too and sometimes it's not even their fault. Addressing the team/tactical side of it, if the other team successfully picks it up, then you and your team should adjust to the change and plan on how to overcome it. If you're playing alone, someone on your team will likely have the same idea as you. Yes, it can change the tide of a game but only if you or the other team does not play smart enough.

Valkyn
01-29-2012, 04:32 PM
It isn't 3 free kills every time. Quite the contrary, I have seen many people sponge boom-shot rockets on dedi's and other cases where the bomblets don't explode after the initial blast; thus preventing a deserved kill.