PDA

View Full Version : Re-up experience gained after level 100 should remain after prestige

Angelic Dennis
12-22-2011, 06:06 PM
It s simple.. Once that you get level 100 you continue to take experience from game played, medals, ribbons executions ecc... This experience should remain after prestige!! Experience gained is experience gained, why you get an experience reset if you prestige?? If i reached embry star (that got 100'000 experience) why i ll lost this bonus?
It s not more easy that after prestige you ll unlock another 100 levels with the same experience system withoit lost experience gained before*Prestige??*So if you reach lv 100 with 3580k of experience you can reach level 101 with 3581k of experience and if you have gained 1000 exp after reached level 100 you ll istanlty reach level 101, *reset is unnecesary imho. What do you think about it?

Sorry for my bad english :(

Hurricane171
12-22-2011, 06:08 PM
They would if they could. It's a technical fault, so they can't.

Angelic Dennis
12-22-2011, 06:13 PM
I don t think that they got a technical fault for this, it s simple :/ just add another 300 levels

Fishead John
12-22-2011, 06:16 PM
I don t think that they got a technical fault for this, it s simple :/ just add another 300 levels

Okay see but the model you're proposing is adding these extra levels along the same curve that the current system is on via extending it.

That's not how the new system is working its completely reseting your curve but storing the data that you've been on the curve before. This is why the excess exp can't be saved and re-used. It doesn't fit the coding structure of the new system.

arctura
12-22-2011, 06:21 PM
Yet again, they didn't think ahead.

Angelic Dennis
12-22-2011, 06:31 PM
Okay see but the model you're proposing is adding these extra levels along the same curve that the current system is on via extending it.

That's not how the new system is working its completely reseting your curve but storing the data that you've been on the curve before. This is why the excess exp can't be saved and re-used. It doesn't fit the coding structure of the new system.

So if i get embry star i ll lost 100000 points of experience... Nice ._.
this surely port a lot of people to mod their stats to reach again level 100, believe me guys.

sheps45
12-22-2011, 06:33 PM
I would assume some people would already have enough xp to re up more then once.
If this is the case then they may still be in the same situation wanting to be able to level up more but can't
This way they still can level up to 100 a few more times.

Besides from the weapon skins how will we know if they have re-uped?

DenyThisFlesh
12-22-2011, 06:36 PM
I would assume some people would already have enough xp to re up more then once.
If this is the case then they may still be in the same situation wanting to be able to level up more but can't

Their rank will show as a different color.

Onyx Scott
12-22-2011, 06:36 PM
Yes, otherwise all the medal xp we earned once I got my wings are useless. Also what's the point in the game giving you 60,000 xp for reaching level 100?

Hurricane171
12-22-2011, 06:38 PM

Different colour level.
For example everyone has a White level now (other than the 100s). After re-upping, you have a red (I think reds first..) level. Then it changes colour next re-up, and so on.

Epidemic
12-22-2011, 06:40 PM
Yes, otherwise all the medal xp we earned once I got my wings are useless. Also what's the point in the game giving you 60,000 xp for reaching level 100?

It was planned all along. Everything is...

GrapeJuice
12-22-2011, 06:40 PM
why cant they just take down everyone who is over lvl 100's xp at this moment or when ever before the dlc hits and re add it or atleast give us some part of what we earned.

Angelic Dennis
12-22-2011, 06:41 PM
Its simple, epic trolled us ._.

sheps45
12-22-2011, 06:41 PM
Different colour level.
For example everyone has a White level now (other than the 100s). After re-upping, you have a red (I think reds first..) level. Then it changes colour next re-up, and so on.

So the writing colour of the level is different?

Fishead John
12-22-2011, 06:42 PM
So if i get embry star i ll lost 100000 points of experience... Nice ._.
this surely port a lot of people to mod their stats to reach again level 100, believe me guys.

Well similiar to Borderlands if something ever went wrong with my game and I needed to turn in quest and it wouldn't let me due to a glitch I would use Willowtree on my save file go to that quest and change one of the requirements to 0 so I would have to restart but at least I could finish the quest and get my reward. Some people of course used this tool to make modded wepons.

Gear of War 3 has Horizon unfortuneatly the use of the Horizon tool is an instant ban. So if you even wanted to apply that exp you couldn't if you wanted to. Or with all these rank resets people could've corrected it themselves. Ofcourse however since with power like that most people would just cheat and give themselves everything. Which is why we can't have nice things like that.

Angelic Dennis
12-22-2011, 06:42 PM
Its simple, epic trolled us ._.

ODD Dr McNastee SD
12-22-2011, 06:43 PM
I think its fine how it is.. It'll be like a race for me and my friends. Cant wait.

Fishead John
12-22-2011, 06:44 PM
So the writing colour of the level is different?

Yes Red then Green then Gold.

Omnes Servabit
12-22-2011, 06:47 PM
I did get Embry star and I am unhappy so yeah...

Not0riety
12-22-2011, 06:48 PM
I think they should save your existing experience. Once you choose to re-up, the experience remains. Only thing that changes is your level. Still takes the same exp to level up and everything, but it just adds to your existing amount of exp.

Angelic Dennis
12-22-2011, 06:54 PM
Well similiar to Borderlands if something ever went wrong with my game and I needed to turn in quest and it wouldn't let me due to a glitch I would use Willowtree on my save file go to that quest and change one of the requirements to 0 so I would have to restart but at least I could finish the quest and get my reward. Some people of course used this tool to make modded wepons.

Gear of War 3 has Horizon unfortuneatly the use of the Horizon tool is an instant ban. So if you even wanted to apply that exp you couldn't if you wanted to. Or with all these rank resets people could've corrected it themselves. Ofcourse however since with power like that most people would just cheat and give themselves everything. Which is why we can't have nice things like that.
I dont wanna mod anything but this politically uncorrectly from epic.. Im sure that this re up was showed 2 months ago people stopped to play and do medals because this make really more harder to exp again.. They have to do something! A newbie have more chance to exp because he can unlock all medals. I gotta medals that i cant re unlock, medals that need 100+ hours to onyx (gametype mode that give you 35000 of exp), crazy medals (vengeful, support..). And if i stopped to play 1 months ago i can unlock medals that gived me 500000 of experience.. This is correct?

Desert pengu1n
12-22-2011, 06:55 PM
i didnt read but i could resist putting YEH I AGREE WITH U

Durotan
12-22-2011, 06:59 PM
I think its good that you have to start again because when the game first came out you got 10k xp every TDM game and people just got 100 really fast then everyone that tried to start it after had to play with 2k xp every game.
I got to 90 really fast then the rest was slow because I was getting less xp so it makes sense that everyone from now on has to do it with the same xp.

Zarkhan
12-22-2011, 07:00 PM
I just don't wanna lose my 4.1 million exp extra after I hit lvl 100. :(

the_suicide_fox
12-22-2011, 07:03 PM
Yes, make the XP count. It's not lik re-upping puts you at some sort of disavantage anyway, like CoD system does. We also lose XP for medals that can nevr be earned again. On top of all that, you get XP for eaching rank 100. What is the point of that if it doesn't go towards anything?

Epic, just give us our XP. We earned it, we deserve it, there's no reason we shouldn't get it.

z0mbieDom
12-22-2011, 07:05 PM
11 people don't have their wings yet.

OScaveman
12-22-2011, 07:07 PM
Yes, make the XP count. It's not lik re-upping puts you at some sort of disavantage anyway, like CoD system does. We also lose XP for medals that can nevr be earned again. On top of all that, you get XP for eaching rank 100. What is the point of that if it doesn't go towards anything?

Epic, just give us our XP. We earned it, we deserve it, there's no reason we shouldn't get it.

Exactly. 100% agree with this post and the OP's.

Fishead John
12-22-2011, 07:17 PM
I dont wanna mod anything but this politically uncorrectly from epic.. Im sure that this re up was showed 2 months ago people stopped to play and do medals because this make really more harder to exp again.. They have to do something! A newbie have more chance to exp because he can unlock all medals. I gotta medals that i cant re unlock, medals that need 100+ hours to onyx (gametype mode that give you 35000 of exp), crazy medals (vengeful, support..). And if i stopped to play 1 months ago i can unlock medals that gived me 500000 of experience.. This is correct?

Politically incorrect? huh?

Well yes I can see how its wrong but I don't beleive that term fits it well. And yes while your point stands from the looks of it this Re-up wasn't exactly planned out very far ahead. It seems like it was coded pretty quickly from certain Twitter tweets. And plus just look at the system in general. This wasn't more then a few days of work period for the whole shebang in general. Besides the testing phase.

dneHnOhseK
12-22-2011, 07:18 PM
NO! Just don't go for medals LOL

Durotan
12-22-2011, 07:18 PM
They wont change it because they want you to play the game for longer.
The only problem with this is the xp you would have got from medals wont count.

Gear3
12-22-2011, 07:26 PM
If you tell this to Rod he will tell you this "well... it is possible but very very difficult and time and money consuming." Makes you wonder how much time they actually spend on their games.

SWATSTRIKE
12-22-2011, 07:30 PM
I vote for it to stay the way it is. This makes up for those individuals that had the game 1-2 weeks early and attained level 100, before the majority of the population even put the disc in the tray. Now it will be balanced. Good job Epic.

Maker
12-22-2011, 07:44 PM
Really, were crying over exp now? Gears players crying over exp loss? I'd understand if it were a rank reset or something. Come on guys its just something you didn't have or didn't know weeks ago and now its not even out and your upset you can't skip 1-60 levels of red re-up. Really? I am really astonished that this community wouldn't just welcome the challenge and move on. I know it seems like crap that you earn so much extra exp but its just numbers given to you of your time before this date. Its not like it resets your medals kills or anything else.

Im just happy they are introducing something different since i got my wings a few days ago.

wanes16years
12-22-2011, 07:46 PM
just makes you wonder why did they even delay this until now

Alchemist4
12-22-2011, 07:49 PM
People wanted the ability to rank up after hitting 100 in order to have something to strive/work for and now you have it. Work for it, and if you don't want to make you points useless, stop playing online and comeback when the DLC is released.

PATRICK KERR1
12-22-2011, 08:05 PM

Bu bu but this is the most polished Gears EVER, how is that possible?

z0mbieDom
12-22-2011, 08:08 PM
18 people don't have their wings yet.

KatGunz
12-22-2011, 08:09 PM
If your exp was retained and you ended up re-upping only to reach level 100 again, what was the point in that? The purpose of re-up is to extend your multiplayer leveling experience and if you just skip it then there was no point to have it to begin with.

PATRICK KERR1
12-22-2011, 08:16 PM
If your exp was retained and you ended up re-upping only to reach level 100 again, what was the point in that? The purpose of re-up is to extend your multiplayer leveling experience and if you just skip it then there was no point to have it to begin with.

I doubt anyone would retain enough XP to level again and Gears isn't just about MP.

OScaveman
12-22-2011, 08:23 PM
I doubt anyone would retain enough XP to level again and Gears isn't just about MP.

Thank you. A normal level one to a "Max" 100 takes 15,407,000 xp. 1 to a normal 100 is 3,851,750 xp. You would need 11,555,250 xp to get to the max 100 from a normal 100. I HIGHLY doubt many people have 11 and a half million xp saved up.

SWATSTRIKE
12-22-2011, 08:26 PM
Thank you. A normal level one to a "Max" 100 takes 15,407,000 xp. 1 to a normal 100 is 3,851,750 xp. You would need 11,555,250 xp to get to the max 100 from a normal 100. I HIGHLY doubt many people have 11 and a half million xp saved up.

There's a forum member here floating around who has over 8 million exp saved. I believe it's possible.

OScaveman
12-22-2011, 08:29 PM
There's a forum member here floating around who has over 8 million exp saved. I believe it's possible.

No offense to him, but he has a little too much free time on his hands then. I've only had college to worry about since Gears 3 came out and I just hit 100 about a week ago. I have almost 450 hours of play time.

EDIT: Just did the math. According to raptr, I have 439 hours. That equals about 18.3 days of play time.

Dog
12-22-2011, 08:29 PM
i really hope the experience carries over because i think i have enough extra xp past level 100 to at least get me to a good level 70 on my re up

Onyx Scott
12-22-2011, 08:32 PM
The majority of the people who don't want the xp tp carry over haven't gotten their wigns yet. Another classic example of epic screwing over the loyal fans. What a waste of xp, honestly, all them medal xp is good for nothing now.

Clouded 0ne
12-22-2011, 08:38 PM
As of a few days ago the exp we gained after 100 wa presumed useless anyways, now they added this new system. I say screw the exp that we thought was useless anyways. Everyone that wants their exp will just be mad and whine about it being to easy to hit the new 400th level cap if this were the case

Edit: this is Coming from a current level 100

allosaur176
12-22-2011, 08:50 PM
good thing im 1 medal away from the Embry, so I think I'll wait to try for more medals

RunDC5
12-22-2011, 08:52 PM

Enlighten me on this Horizon tool? Like gameshark/gamegenie or somethin?

SWATSTRIKE
12-22-2011, 08:56 PM

Yeah, but more of like a developer tool.

Zleek
12-22-2011, 09:08 PM
It's the same thing as CoD prestige. Any XP you earn you know that you will not keep it through prestige. I understand people didn't know and play as usual, but once you know it's coming don't bother playing until it will count. I personally am putting the game on the shelf until Fenix Rising. I may play an execution match here or there but I'm waiting now that I know about this lol.

Neophoenix78
12-22-2011, 10:05 PM
Same thing happened in GOW2. Get x amount of points the first 5-6 months of play. You know those times. They were the dark times in the franchise. Here comes EXP ranks. So the person who just picked up the game is the same level as the person who has been playing for 6 months continuously? Those people that were part of the stats on how many live players were playing that game at the time do not get retroactive credit for the things they did. All the time keeping the online afloat in a sea of lag and standbys. Now in GOW3 the fact that EXP is gained across all modes is great. The connections are great. The game is awesome. Level 100 was suspiciously easy to get to. Even after the update. And now this. I have completed both GOW and GOW2. I plan on completing this game to its full point value as well. I would rather use the exp for the onyx medals I do not have for when I re up. This just means until the day I can Re Up I will not touch this game at all. Sadly this community took a hit when both Battlefield and MW3 came out. It would have been great if EPIC had this out in the middle of November at least. It would be nice if at least one gaming company would throw a bone to the people that have been populating their servers and games instead of the casual players. I mean what was the percentage of people that have beaten the game on insane? Oh well . I guess its back to my kinect for the time being........ <------- joke

Fishead John
12-22-2011, 10:07 PM

Yeah, but more of like a developer tool.

It is a save file editor.

Nederwiedewiet
01-15-2012, 12:28 PM
lol i have like 5 medals waiting for me, and i cant play campain or versus , otherwise i lose alot of XP lol.

weaponsmaster3
01-15-2012, 01:07 PM
If i reached embry star (that got 100'000 experience) why i ll lost this bonus?

No, they said you wouldnt loose any medals.

Dalthegooner
01-15-2012, 01:12 PM
lol i have like 5 medals waiting for me, and i cant play campain or versus , otherwise i lose alot of XP lol.

If a few XP are more important than playing and enjoying the game, then more fool you.

dirtyieu
01-15-2012, 01:47 PM
Everyone was complaining that level 100 was too easy to get, so they make it harder and you all want a massive boost to get to top rank quicker? Fickle the lot of ya/

lolcougars
01-15-2012, 01:52 PM
At the end of the day EPIC is a business so their primary goal isn't to please you all. It's to make money, resetting all ranks and not letting experience carry over = more people playing instead of people just re-uping and quitting. Now they have to play for months if they want the last wing which is more business for epic. That's mainly why they won't allow exp to carry over.

Nederwiedewiet
01-15-2012, 06:42 PM
If a few XP are more important than playing and enjoying the game, then more fool you.

well i dont wanna lose XP bonus weaponmaster3. and btw i can still play horde and beast

Rattlehead
01-15-2012, 06:43 PM

Are you a programmer?

Rattlehead
01-15-2012, 06:44 PM
And this complaint is pointless. You want to start over, but then you want a head start?

Stop it. It doesn't make sense.

NinjaSteen
01-15-2012, 06:47 PM
Wish I knew about this before I got my Embry Star!! :-/

oogadabooga
01-15-2012, 10:12 PM
i think when you reach 100 rank again it should ask you if you would like to prestige straight away and if you choose yes it adds the onyx points for 100 rank after you make your decision.

Zarkhan
01-15-2012, 10:20 PM
Yeah I just assumed that I will lost my 6.4 millions exp. :(

Phlegethon
01-15-2012, 10:25 PM
I think I could re up twice if they use the experience I've built up.
Either way it isn't really fair.
I am in a limbo with my medals, nowhere near onyx so I'm not going to get any boosts to my level. I'm going to have to do it all from my game modes.
It is going to annoy me to see people who have just reached level 100 get to 100 faster than me because they will have upcoming medals to boost them, whereas I am getting punished for reaching 100 quickly and then getting my medals afterwards.
To conclude, as many of you have put, Epic screws us (again)

RoboSeal1
01-15-2012, 10:27 PM

That's not how the new system is working its completely reseting your curve but storing the data that you've been on the curve before. This is why the excess exp can't be saved and re-used. It doesn't fit the coding structure of the new system. which worries me if we get reset will we be able to restore the old rank as well as new :/

Silenoz666
01-15-2012, 11:17 PM
This whole topic is "WAAAAHHH" about a stupid subject. Prestige systems in all other games don't allow you to build up xp at maximum level, so why should Gears? And if you've already built up enough xp to theoretically get to Gold Wings, maybe you should have done something else with your time.

WalDo x661x
01-15-2012, 11:26 PM
Maybe all you 100's shouldn't have boosted for those onyx medals then you'd have a chance to unlock them and actually use the points.

Dun Care
01-15-2012, 11:42 PM
This whole topic is "WAAAAHHH" about a stupid subject. Prestige systems in all other games don't allow you to build up xp at maximum level, so why should Gears? And if you've already built up enough xp to theoretically get to Gold Wings, maybe you should have done something else with your time.
Hey look everybody. It's THIS GUY! He's so cool with his low toned insults. He so awesome.

Maybe all you 100's shouldn't have boosted for those onyx medals then you'd have a chance to unlock them and actually use the points.
I've been a level 100 and I have only 18 Onyx medals. Most of which are the ones you can only get once. Like Beat Arcade, Campaign, Beast, and Horde on Insane. Not everyone who's a level 100 boosted it.

Xx Dantes Rage
01-16-2012, 12:08 AM
I love how every level 100 had the mindset of "all of this extra exp doesn't matter"! before the FR DLC was announced. Now people want it to count? Please. What would be the point in that? The point for this dlc is to add as much extra playtime as humanly possible to this game. Some people just don't get that.

Xx Dantes Rage
01-16-2012, 12:09 AM

This^ (10char)

Lagged & Fragged
01-16-2012, 12:15 AM
I've actually stopped playing Gears 3 because I have several medals that are close to gold/onyx. I'll go on and earn them after I re-up for a nice exp boost.

LiQuiD PLaTiNuM
01-17-2012, 05:19 AM
I DO have my Embry Star. 100,000 XP down the drain? And the people that reached 100 and then quit playing to play modern warfare 3, Battlefield 3, and Skyrim are going to come back to gears and earn this xp and it will apply to their levels? That seems so wrong to me. I reached lvl 100 just before the first double xp event and I missed sleep to do it. Right now, I have over 5 Million XP. Seems like an insult to throw all the away. Why can't I just start out at 160 or 180 or whatever that much xp translates too?
I think there should be a 1 week window for the lvl 100's to re-up and have their xp count, but only for the first re-up and only during the first week....