PDA

View Full Version : New Maps already playable in public

Sedin
11-17-2011, 02:55 AM
when did this happen? i started gears tonight, got the title update. joined a match of capture the leader. 4-5 matches later we start playing on Restlung and then on Blood Drive.

Undead Paradox
11-17-2011, 03:14 AM
Today. That's partially what TU 2 was for.

Necromance Her
11-17-2011, 03:20 AM
I thought that wasn't till the 24th....
I've been on but have been doing private matches most the time... So I haven't noticed.
Ranked too?

Undead Paradox
11-17-2011, 03:27 AM
I thought that wasn't till the 24th....
I've been on but have been doing private matches most the time... So I haven't noticed.
Ranked too?

I think so. I thought it was for the 24, too, but I guess that's just the release of the Booster Pack. I didn't play much today, since the servers were down while they were distributing the update.

Sedin
11-17-2011, 03:42 AM
we did not play on a dedicated server when this happened. it was public, but the host quit so it selected a new host.

Oberkuppenlord
11-17-2011, 03:47 AM
Well can't remember that the title update is doing this :D
I was just playing a few matches cause the god damn dedicated servers were not avaiable and it lagged like hell.

xAZ LEGENDx
11-17-2011, 03:56 AM
when did this happen? i started gears tonight, got the title update. joined a match of capture the leader. 4-5 matches later we start playing on Restlung and then on Blood Drive. It only happens on a p2p Host and because the servers were down thats why you got the maps. On the 24th when the booster map pack comes out thats when rustlung blood drive and azura will be on servers

Oqp NoBoDy qpO
11-17-2011, 04:14 AM
when did this happen? i started gears tonight, got the title update. joined a match of capture the leader. 4-5 matches later we start playing on Restlung and then on Blood Drive.

During TU2 the dedicated servers were down. This caused you to connect to players and if said players had the maps you could vote for them. Same thing happens in Hordes/Beast playlist cause it is not dedicated.

Also on the 24th Azura, Blood Drive, Rustlung, Clocktower, & Bullet Marsh go live on dedicated for everyone to play.