PDA

View Full Version : Bring Back Mansion

Dudz
11-08-2011, 12:24 PM
Mansion in my opinion was one of the best maps in Gears of war and has always been my favourite map to play online, i'd love to see it brought back to gears of war 3 with a little twist like they did with gridlock.. I just don't understand why Epic brought back gridlock and not mansion..and not being funny most of the new maps on Gears of war 3 aren't anything compared to the old school maps even the gears of war 2 maps were better..
So Epic please bring back these maps I mean it only makes sence to have some more of the classic maps returned to the game when we can unlock classic characters. :).. Anyone else agree?

Btw I hear some people saying that hotel is similar to mansion but the two are nothing a like tbh..

Doom Bread OMG
11-08-2011, 12:30 PM
Mansion was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!

xxsourze91xx
11-08-2011, 12:31 PM
YES YES YES!!! bring back mansion and war machine

Exiled Spartan
11-08-2011, 12:41 PM
Hotel and Mansion are very similiar, but not the same.

baldbean
11-08-2011, 12:41 PM
They did, its called Hotel....

Seriously though, I hope they do another Flashback Map Pack and add Mansion to it. Maybe someone should get a poll going.

Luckshott
11-08-2011, 12:42 PM
I think they should bring back every gears map ever if you ask me. Most of them were classics.

Escalation, mansion, clocktower (coming back already!), flood. All kinds of fun stuff.

T0PP HATT
11-08-2011, 01:00 PM
Mansion isn't on the list to comeback, but it might before it's all over. As for now, there's 1 from gears 1 scheduled to comeback - Clocktower. 5 are coming from gears 2, Blood drive, day one, gridlock, jacinto, and river.
At least that's what's on the disk already. Could be a future dlc for all of them....

The Glazey
11-08-2011, 01:01 PM
I think they should bring back every gears map ever if you ask me. Most of them were classics.

Escalation, mansion, clocktower (coming back already!), flood. All kinds of fun stuff.I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Escalation back since it's in the campagin :P

BATTOUSAI
11-08-2011, 01:02 PM

Escalation, mansion, clocktower (coming back already!), flood. All kinds of fun stuff.

I agree. I'm not sure why devs throw away great maps when bringing our the sequel. They should include the top 3 or 5 most played maps IMO.

NJ93
11-08-2011, 01:04 PM
I feel Hotel is like a successor to Mansion. Their layout is similar.

iFury
11-08-2011, 01:05 PM
lots of maps don't fit how this game plays anymore.

Mausoleum didn't fit.
It does now.
Add it.

Ms A Chievement
11-08-2011, 01:33 PM
Mausoleum needs to come back. I loved that map so much.

Asilos S A T AN
11-08-2011, 01:40 PM
Yeah I think that since this is the last game in the series, they should eventually remake every map in the series. Especially since many gearheads will be playing this game for a long time.

radeaton
11-08-2011, 02:26 PM
Yah what ever helps, cause this game needs alot of help.

gold charro
11-08-2011, 02:30 PM
dude you have HOTEL that its allmoust the same map

PuNkLiVz
11-08-2011, 02:33 PM
^ exactly. I still want Canals, or Fuel Depot before Mansion :)

Dudz
11-08-2011, 03:20 PM
urghh hotel is nothing like mansion, mansion is more of a close quaters kind of map which i like where as hotel is way more spread out which sucks. And if hotel is ment to be a remake or w/e of mansion then Epic have seriously ruined a perfectly good map..

BIG FATTY FLOYD
11-08-2011, 03:27 PM
Mansion was awesome!

AfterTheFire
11-08-2011, 03:30 PM
Its called Hotel now

Sully
11-08-2011, 03:33 PM
I always loved Mansion. Hotel is not even close,

I never understood the fascination with War Machine.

If it was up to me, I'd bring back Hail (non-symmetric map that was actually very balanced) and Mausoleum.

tbei25
11-08-2011, 03:55 PM
yes bring back mansion and mausoleum. Would be EPIC!!!!!

Z_Ethan
11-08-2011, 03:56 PM
This map rules, though I'm just warning you it will be a SO user's dream what with all the corners and such. Just saying...

82PeRK
11-08-2011, 04:01 PM
Mansion in my opinion was one of the best maps in Gears of war and has always been my favourite map to play online, i'd love to see it brought back to gears of war 3 with a little twist like they did with gridlock.. I just don't understand why Epic brought back gridlock and not mansion..and not being funny most of the new maps on Gears of war 3 aren't anything compared to the old school maps even the gears of war 2 maps were better..
So Epic please bring back these maps I mean it only makes sence to have some more of the classic maps returned to the game when we can unlock classic characters. :).. Anyone else agree?

Btw I hear some people saying that hotel is similar to mansion but the two are nothing a like tbh..

Hmmm, how bout No, like you said, we have hotel and its identical except bigger. With all the old maps the would come out, Mansion is at the bottom. How bout Escalation, Mausoleum , heck even Rooftop ( but it has to be bigger). I say bring back fuel depo without the snow, or Tyro station, (i dont get why it isnt popular, it one of my favorite maps to be honest.)

82PeRK
11-08-2011, 04:06 PM

Why would they bring back Mansion and not Gridlock, people would be outrages. It is a proven fact that Gridlock is thee most popular map of all time. Plus look how good Gridlock looks in gears 3, (gotta love the night version) I Wouldnt mind them bring back Canals but at night with no snow, maybe rain only sometimes.

TheJamsh
11-08-2011, 04:07 PM
Its called Hotel now

This. I prefer mansion if im honest, hotel isn't all that great.

DEMONccs
11-08-2011, 04:10 PM
I feel Hotel is like a successor to Mansion. Their layout is similar.

Thats the thing... hotel is mansion with another layout you get sniper inside on top... granades in the middle... boom outside... same map

Dudz
11-08-2011, 04:11 PM
Hmmm, how bout No, like you said, we have hotel and its identical except bigger. With all the old maps the would come out, Mansion is at the bottom. How bout Escalation, Mausoleum , heck even Rooftop ( but it has to be bigger). I say bring back fuel depo without the snow, or Tyro station, (i dont get why it isnt popular, it one of my favorite maps to be honest.)

Lol ok go play mansion on gears 1 or 2 and then play hotel and tell me exactly how they're identical. Mansion has two floors with corridoors and an outside area which you cannot shoot eachother from either side of the map which you can pretty much do is hotel, whereas hotel is just a big open map(inside and outside) with one floor (except for the little elevator stairway bit).. mansion is a better map hands down like most of the gears 1 maps are compared to gears 3.. but yeah I do agree that tyro station and fuel depot come back they were alot of fun also.

Dudz
11-08-2011, 04:21 PM
Why would they bring back Mansion and not Gridlock, people would be outrages. It is a proven fact that Gridlock is thee most popular map of all time. Plus look how good Gridlock looks in gears 3, (gotta love the night version) I Wouldnt mind them bring back Canals but at night with no snow, maybe rain only sometimes.

I'm not saying they shouldn't have brought back gridlock all im saying is that since they did bring back gridlock which was up there with alot of peoples favourites, mansion, cannals, fuel depot, esculation etc.. why they didnt bother bringing back these other popular maps back aswell.

Dudz
11-08-2011, 04:23 PM
This map rules, though I'm just warning you it will be a SO user's dream what with all the corners and such. Just saying...

Haha yeah true, it would be fun to play in the Alpha game mode though.

I just think Gears 3 needs more smaller maps like mansion and avalanche, I seemed to enjoy them more and it was a nice change compared to long distanced maps, like gridlock and jacinto etc..

SovereignXI
11-08-2011, 05:47 PM
Mansion, Mausoleum and escalation. I loved those maps.

Venomicidal
11-08-2011, 05:56 PM
How is Hotel not identical to Mansion?

Amphedark
11-08-2011, 05:57 PM
I miss mansion a lot... though I'd prefer it had that grimy, gross, rainy feeling it had in Gears 1. Gears 2 was too... HEYYY it's sunny.

NumbuK
11-08-2011, 05:59 PM
Mansion rocked! I'd love to see it make a come back!

Autumns Grief
11-08-2011, 06:00 PM
Oh yeah ! And perhaps Canals, War Machine, Fuel Depot or Process ( Theres too many Gears1 maps that should be D:

kboo521
11-08-2011, 06:01 PM
i honestly hated mansion,
Hotel plays a lot like it and in my opinion is better then it. I want new maps more though

Amphedark
11-08-2011, 06:03 PM
How is Hotel not identical to Mansion?

It's not nearly as ornate and feels often kind of cramped inside when compared to Mansion.

Spectre316
11-08-2011, 06:13 PM
I would like them to bring back the gears 1 mansion, not the gears 2 version.

xTZAx
11-08-2011, 06:46 PM
Mansion was fun, I enjoyed it, and I wouldn't mind if they brought it back, but it's essentially the same as Hotel, so I honestly don't miss it that much.

I Love U Jesus
11-08-2011, 06:57 PM
People really need to stop saying Mansion and Hotel are the same. They are nothing alike. The grenades area is different. The inside topography is completely changed with no upstairs area except for the slight rise at elevator. There is not enough cover outside towards boomshot; around boomshot area/ the statue on Mansion is much more cqc-oriented than boomshot/digger on Hotel. People just see slight visual and weapon placement similarities between the two maps and think "Ah! This is the new Mansion!" without actually really giving it any thought or noticing that the nuances of the flow of the two maps are actually quite different.

Anyway, I'd always be happy with a new Mansion, and: http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/760031-Restore-the-Funbox-to-Its-Former-Glory! :D

im warthriller
11-08-2011, 07:03 PM
Mansion, Canals, Jacinto, Fuel Depot GoW1 version, Gold Rush, SanctuarYOU KNOW WHAT? Remake all of them! The old classics are going to be 10x better than any new maps.