PDA

View Full Version : Door will open but not close

GentlemenGraphics
10-31-2011, 06:22 AM
I am using am using kismet, mattinee and a use trigger to activate and work the door. It opens but will not close. Trigger unused is set to reverse while use is set to play. So, what am I doing wrong? :confused:

TheAgent
10-31-2011, 07:41 AM
Did you set he max trigger count to 0. (Will make you use/unuse it forever)

GentlemenGraphics
11-01-2011, 05:20 AM
Did you set he max trigger count to 0. (Will make you use/unuse it forever)

Yes, I have. So, this cannot be the case. Some further help is needed. :confused:

GentlemenGraphics
11-04-2011, 11:08 AM
Help me for god sake please.

SethNemo
11-04-2011, 06:47 PM
what exactly do you want to achieve? Kismet Screenshot would be helpful. :)

Phen0mM0dz
11-04-2011, 06:50 PM
Look on YouTube it is there.

GentlemenGraphics
11-04-2011, 10:01 PM
Look on YouTube it is there.

A link, please. Where?

GentlemenGraphics
11-04-2011, 10:02 PM
what exactly do you want to achieve? Kismet Screenshot would be helpful. :)

Already told you a door that will open and close on the E command key.

Graylord
11-04-2011, 11:00 PM
And that can be done many ways, show or explain your setup.

Phen0mM0dz
11-04-2011, 11:13 PM
Look it up bro life doesn't just hand you stuff.

SethNemo
11-05-2011, 10:33 AM
Already told you a door that will open and close on the E command key.
Actually you didnīt. Your first post could also imply that you want a door that closes by itself once fully opened. Anyways, the setup for both things is very basic. The last time I used Kismet for stuff like this was through using a bool, a toggle and a compare node. Itīs been a while though.

GentlemenGraphics
11-07-2011, 07:52 AM
Actually you didnīt. Your first post could also imply that you want a door that closes by itself once fully opened. Anyways, the setup for both things is very basic. The last time I used Kismet for stuff like this was through using a bool, a toggle and a compare node. Itīs been a while though.

Could you talk me through it; please? I am making a horror game and I want doors to be open and so the player must close them to survive longer and if he can not open it again or it will open 2 seconds after he closes it it will ruin the game so the player must have full control over all of the doors. A simple explanation is all that is required. PLEASE??? :o

Archie_Vision
11-07-2011, 08:53 AM
Have you watched to 3d Buzz tuts? If not I suggest you do. They explain allot of what you are asking. This is a very simple solution, that with a little work and searching from your end you could finish all on your own. It is not that we do not want to help. It is that we are trying to help you help yourself.

That being said. If you want the door to stay closed, until the person wants to open it, you must set the 0 times used to 0 so it is infinite in the switch properties. Also, I am going to suggest you create a Actor class for the doors in Uscript. This is so you do not have to create a crap load of kismet for your level. You will have allot more control over the way they act. It is only 1 class, and should not be too hard to figure out. Then all you have to do is replace all the doors with that actor and your level is ready to go.

Lee

imashark
11-07-2011, 11:57 PM
I am making a horror game and I want doors to be open and so the player must close them to survive longer and if he can not open it again or it will open 2 seconds after he closes it it will ruin the game so the player must have full control over all of the doors.

Holy run on sentence Batman!

GentlemenGraphics
11-08-2011, 05:22 AM
You have all wasted my time. I guess I will have to configure the doors to open/close the reverse seconds after. :(

nbullard
11-08-2011, 11:52 AM
You need to have a UseTrigger - Set to 0, for infinite use, also uncheck aim to interact. Then add a Switch with 2 links, set to looping, Link 1 goes to Play (close door), Link 2 to reverse (open door)

make sure the trigger should be set in the middle of the door way, so it's can be accessed by both sides of the door way

And i think I saw someone else mention it, but if you haven't I would suggest watching the 3D Buzz tutorials, or even check out hourences.com for some kismet tutorials

Mayan
11-08-2011, 01:59 PM
You have all wasted my time. I guess I will have to configure the doors to open/close the reverse seconds after. :(
Wow... really?
Several people have given you help in this thread and you say that they have wasted your time? You have posted a whole bunch of posts asking (demanding) people to basically code things for you, but I haven't seen you say thankyou more than a handful of times in any of your threads... only more demands...
If you can't do something, learn how to do it... if you can't learn it, then don't do it. If you get someone to help you, thank them, there is no rule stating that you have to be helped. If people do help you they are doing it out of their own good will and "wasting" their own time which could be spent working on their own projects...

SethNemo
11-08-2011, 05:15 PM
@Mayan: true.

You need to have a UseTrigger - Set to 0, for infinite use, also uncheck aim to interact. Then add a Switch with 2 links, set to looping, Link 1 goes to Play (close door), Link 2 to reverse (open door)
wtf, that works? LOL, I completely overdid it with my usual setup. I hooked the trigger into a compare-bool-node with "True" hooked to Play Matinee and "False" to Reverse Matinee. This I hooked into a toggle wich toggles a bool so the compare node has something to work with. Shows that I need to learn to think about some of my methods when I use Kismet xD.