PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Epic Games!

Tactical Veteran
10-22-2011, 05:27 PM
You have failed at creating a tactical, cover-based shooter, with the variety of playstyles that you wanted. No one uses any real tactics in this game (no, camping is an all else fails strategy). No one uses the cover appropriately in this game because of the poor weapon balance. Shotguns are the easiest to use and the deadliest. Rifles are no real threat to anyone, so it's pointless to use cover [appropriately] and frustating trying to get kills with them. Not one, but both things you didn't want. Variety? It's really only shotguns, shotguns, and more shotguns. And you can't even take any criticism to help improve your game; instead you delete or close the revealing, but important, treads your own community creates (most who don't know what they are talking about). Not to mention, your game continues to have serious connection problems (ex. latency, poor in-game registration) for many of us. You care more about profits then anything. But of course your community is too blind to see this.

If we didn't punish you for not using cover, then you wouldn't use it, and then it's meaningless. If we punished you too hard, then cover was frustrating, and you would say, 'I hate this.' Our biggest obstacle was overcoming the gameplay lagacy of the high-mobility shooter.From: The Art and Design of Gears of War

Trying to find that balance of what you want to have across your weapon set as a designer versus what the community has embraced and what's fun for them, and it's been sort of an ongoing struggle for us with the shotgun in that we're trying to create a tactical, cover-based shooter game but people like running around with the shotgun and gibbing people.From: http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/100/1000609p2.html

MEGATRON 631
10-22-2011, 05:29 PM
Sounds like u want cod

SublimeFighter
10-22-2011, 05:31 PM
Sounds like u want cod
oh yea he got all the CoD games and then when he play gears he feel like a noob, so he wanted to complain around here xd

Frocharocha
10-22-2011, 05:31 PM
Gears 3 is not an tatical game.If u want a tatical game buy Red River or Battlefield 3....

Eco93
10-22-2011, 05:32 PM
Well shotguns have always had an important role in Gears Of War. However I do think rifles now actually stand a chance against shotguns, just keep your distance. Maybe try different game modes because some game modes are better for rifles.

Dizzy Dukes
10-22-2011, 05:33 PM
Now I'm the first one to call Epic on the BS that they tend to pull, but "Rifles are no real threat"?

Intriguing tale, friend.

IMPEND1NG DOOM
10-22-2011, 05:40 PM
You must have never played the other 2 games. If youre complaining about shotguns in this one I would hate to see youre opinion on gow1 or 2

Amphedark
10-22-2011, 05:41 PM
Oh my god, what a sh!tty rage post. xD

Helluminatus
10-22-2011, 05:42 PM
rifles aren't a threat? lol

Teyke
10-22-2011, 05:42 PM
You're implying that the cover system is beneficial to the rifles. In actuality, it's not. This game was built (most likely not on purpose) to be a close quarters game simply due to the fact that there is cover. If you're getting lancered down, get into cover. Then said lancer cannot hit you. So, what does the lancer wielder do? Moves up to shotgun range and said shotgun battle starts.

There are plenty of situations where rifles are good, but most of them include long range cover fire, firing while someone is running from one cover to the other, or lancering down an idiot who is just walking in the middle of the map. If you want a game where if you start shooting someone from far away, they can't help themselves and get away, then I do suggest you pick up a CoD game or Battlefield 3.

If you like the cover system of the Gears franchise, then just get used to this game being more shotgun than rifle combat. If you think that the rifles are too weak, then you should really invest in a different type of game. I believe that all the starting weapons in this game are too powerful to begin with, and making them even more so would just be detrimental to the playbility of Gears.

IMPEND1NG DOOM
10-22-2011, 05:45 PM
You're implying that the cover system is beneficial to the rifles. In actuality, it's not. This game was built (most likely not on purpose) to be a close quarters game simply due to the fact that there is cover. If you're getting lancered down, get into cover. Then said lancer cannot hit you. So, what does the lancer wielder do? Moves up to shotgun range and said shotgun battle starts.

There are plenty of situations where rifles are good, but most of them include long range cover fire, firing while someone is running from one cover to the other, or lancering down an idiot who is just walking in the middle of the map. If you want a game where if you start shooting someone from far away, they can't help themselves and get away, then I do suggest you pick up a CoD game or Battlefield 3.

If you like the cover system of the Gears franchise, then just get used to this game being more shotgun than rifle combat. If you think that the rifles are too weak, then you should really invest in a different type of game. I believe that all the starting weapons in this game are too powerful to begin with, and making them even more so would just be detrimental to the playbility of Gears.
actually they would pull their sawed off and sponge 4 gnasher shots and explode you though the cover. Its happened to me many a time

Amphedark
10-22-2011, 05:47 PM
actually they would pull their sawed off and sponge 4 gnasher shots and explode you though the cover. Its happened to me many a time

No, you are wrong. xD That's what happens when somebody is lagging... on a dedicated server match, I can space jump around a sawed-off user then gnasher-blast them into chunks easily.

Durotan
10-22-2011, 05:49 PM
Rifles are no real threat to anyone

I actually thought he was being serious until I read this then I realised he was just trolling.

Coleyman
10-22-2011, 05:52 PM

You can't be serious. Tell me you're not serious. Rifles are the strongest they have ever been; they absolutely dominate when used properly.

Trummel
10-22-2011, 05:58 PM
You have failed at creating a tactical, cover-based shooter, with the variety of playstyles that you wanted. No one uses any real tactics in this game (no, camping is an all else fails strategy). No one uses the cover appropriately in this game because of the poor weapon balance. Shotguns are the easiest to use and the deadliest. Rifles are no real threat to anyone, so it's pointless to use cover [appropriately] and frustating trying to get kills with them. Not one, but both things you didn't want. Variety? It's really only shotguns, shotguns, and more shotguns. And you can't even take any criticism to help improve your game; instead you delete or close the revealing, but important, treads your own community creates (most who don't know what they are talking about). Not to mention, your game continues to have serious connection problems (ex. latency, poor in-game registration) for many of us. You care more about profits then anything. But of course your community is too blind to see this.

Congratulations Tactical Veteran!

You have created a post that no one will read because all you are doing is *****ing more and more because MW3 isn't out. It's okay! I'll help you freeze yourself until it comes out, until then please shut the **** up.

Tactical Veteran
10-22-2011, 05:59 PM
Gears 3 is not an tatical game.If u want a tatical game buy Red River or Battlefield 3....It's always intended to be a tactical, cover-based shooter, with a variety of playstyles. It has continued to be taken in the other direction because of imbalances and the vocal shotgun community. Here is just one quote from Epic Games that proves this...

Trying to find that balance of what you want to have across your weapon set as a designer versus what the community has embraced and what's fun for them, and it's been sort of an ongoing struggle for us with the shotgun in that we're trying to create a tactical, cover-based shooter game but people like running around with the shotgun and gibbing people.http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/100/1000609p2.html

MEGATRON 631
10-22-2011, 06:07 PM
So they know what we want, but they want their game to be played how they want it to be played and they really don't care how we feel about it. They feel it's their game, and anyone who doesn't like it can sit on it and rotate. They've tried time and again changing this and that over years to make the game play how they envision it. Each time is a failure and gears 3 with the SOS is the best and latest example of that. Epic, just give the people what they want. Funny thing is, this time it isnt even a terribly big request this time. We just want a playlist that doesn't include 2 weapons. From putting up torque bow tag and hardcore weekend, we all see how easy this is to do. Please do this for us. We've been he since the beginning, and we'll be here long after the casuals and cod players leave.

Tactical Veteran
10-22-2011, 06:14 PM
You can't be serious. Tell me you're not serious. Rifles are the strongest they have ever been; they absolutely dominate when used properly.Rifles are definitely the strongest in the original game. Latency and shotgun fanboys ruined that game. You guys must not use rifles very much. And the only reason you guys are being so hostile is because you know it's the truth.

Amphedark
10-22-2011, 06:15 PM
Rifles are definitely the strongest in the original game. Latency and shotgun fanboys ruined that game. You guys must not use rifles very much. And the only reason you guys are being so hostile is because you know it's the truth.

After a statement like that, I know you're trolling. xD

Lambent Veteran
10-22-2011, 06:16 PM
Gears 3 is not an tatical game.If u want a tatical game buy Red River or Battlefield 3....

Or Super Mario. :D

Clearly Balkan 2.0
10-22-2011, 06:17 PM

Diapered "Veteran" is angry.

Y U MAD BRO?

Tactical Veteran
10-22-2011, 06:21 PM
Stop defending the shotgun at every turn, and using the same immature responses.

Tactical Veteran
10-22-2011, 06:28 PM
If we didn't punish you for not using cover, then you wouldn't use it, and then it's meaningless. If we punished you too hard, then cover was frustrating, and you would say, 'I hate this.' Our biggest obstacle was overcoming the gameplay lagacy of the high-mobility shooter.From: The Art and Design of Gears of War

Fee$nom
10-22-2011, 06:33 PM

http://tapatalk.com/mu/b8f5c558-447a-6112.jpg
Wtf are you talking about???

DenyThisFlesh
10-22-2011, 06:34 PM
Shotguns are a big part of Gears multiplayer and that's not going to change. That being said, you can easily go without using a shotgun for long periods of time on this game and do very well if you're skilled with your rifle of choice. I've played several full matches recently where I used nothing but my Lancer and got MVP. The rifles are very effective.

MEGATRON 631
10-22-2011, 06:35 PM
Stats handed out by epic. I believe them not

Tactical Veteran
10-22-2011, 06:52 PM
Those statistics can very easily be misinterpreted. They are only of the first three days following release. Players were probably using the rifles more [those first three days] to try them out and see if they are effective this game. You are also only showing the ranked stats, not quick match, where the majority of kills by primary weapon were gnasher shotguns. And players are more likely to sit back in cover in ranked matches because of the concern to show well on leaderboards. Not to mention you are showing statistics (possibly altered and/or biased) from the same people who created the game and need it to make profits.

MEGATRON 631
10-22-2011, 06:59 PM
I can make a pie chart too

Codeine519
10-22-2011, 07:02 PM
So they know what we want, but they want their game to be played how they want it to be played and they really don't care how we feel about it. They feel it's their game, and anyone who doesn't like it can sit on it and rotate. They've tried time and again changing this and that over years to make the game play how they envision it. Each time is a failure and gears 3 with the SOS is the best and latest example of that. Epic, just give the people what they want. Funny thing is, this time it isnt even a terribly big request this time. We just want a playlist that doesn't include 2 weapons. From putting up torque bow tag and hardcore weekend, we all see how easy this is to do. Please do this for us. We've been he since the beginning, and we'll be here long after the casuals and cod players leave.

But it is their game. Is it wrong that the people at Epic have a vision of the game they want to create? They are the ones creating the game. It seems that the product they are making isn't what you want it to be. No one is making you purchase the product. If their intent is to make the game the way they envision it, and it is different from what people want to play, is it better to leave or just turn their vision into a game of Calvinball?

KAKARO7 187
10-22-2011, 07:05 PM
But it is their game. Is it wrong that the people at Epic have a vision of the game they want to create? They are the ones creating the game. It seems that the product they are making isn't what you want it to be. No one is making you purchase the product. If their intent is to make the game the way they envision it, and it is different from what people want to play, is it better to leave or just turn their vision into a game of Calvinball?

Yeah but if you want your game to sell to the masses, then you do what the consumer wants at least to some degree since its them buying your game not you buying your own. The customer is always right in this case, where do you think that phrase came from?

Verces
10-22-2011, 07:07 PM
Rifles aren't a threat, huh?

I guess 1 second down before you can even react is childs play!

MEGATRON 631
10-22-2011, 07:11 PM

If the community has spoken about what they want a certain game to play and feel like, and the devs constantly try to go against the community because they don't like what the people want or how they play their game, I suggest Epic stops selling games to the public. I've never seen a company go against what it's customers want like Epic has just because of a few guys at the company that suck with the gnasher.

ThOuM
10-22-2011, 07:13 PM

From: http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/100/1000609p2.html
That must be one of the dumbest posts I have ever seen in my entire life. Are you sure you're actually playing GoW3? Because I do and I see a very big variety of weapons in the mp. And you say there's no tactic in the game? Maybe you should go and be a little bit more social and play with some friends and use your headset sometime. it really helps I swear. And no need to use cover? I am sorry but I can't see where you wanna go with that one.

x_DV_x_Wesker
10-22-2011, 07:16 PM
Actually they did great, you are pretty much wrong on every account and just come off as bitter, TC.

Gnasher Master
10-22-2011, 07:17 PM
with all due respect op how long have you been with gears this is a complaint you should have made years ago in gow 2 and 1

BurnMyEyes0107
10-22-2011, 07:24 PM
Ummmm are we playing the same game???

Tactical Veteran
10-22-2011, 07:28 PM
Some of you need to know what you are talking about before flaming those of us who do. And anytime developers listen to forum communities; who the majority don't know what they are talking about, the sequels of games are ruined. That is why in every major franchise, the original game is always the best. Also, catering to novices (narrowing the skill gap) definitely does not help. If players could only learn to constructively use these forums.

LocustSlayer81
10-22-2011, 07:32 PM
wow! just wow at this thread!

Tactical Veteran
10-22-2011, 07:37 PM
I can see this is going no where with you guys. :rolleyes:

SadisticDeath
10-22-2011, 07:40 PM
Please oh please go play BF3, CoD, Or Rainbow 6... See this is what happens when Epic tries to bring in the casual crowd.. WE DONT WANT GEARS TO PLAY LIKE THOSE OTHER GAMES OP... If we did there would be a easy fix.. Get rid of roadie run and sliding into cover. BAM that would make Gears just like those other games..

omfghowfake
10-22-2011, 07:49 PM
Idk wth you're talking about, rifels do more work in this game than in any other gears, statistics show that the lancer gets the most kills in multiplayer

Tactical Veteran
10-22-2011, 07:52 PM
Idk wth you're talking about, rifels do more work in this game than in any other gears, statistics show that the lancer gets the most kills in multiplayerYou obviously did not read my response to that post...
Those statistics can very easily be misinterpreted. They are only of the first three days following release. Players were probably using the rifles more [those first three days] to try them out and see if they are effective this game. You are also only showing the ranked stats, not quick match, where the majority of kills by primary weapon were gnasher shotguns. And players are more likely to sit back in cover in ranked matches because of the concern to show well on leaderboards. Not to mention you are showing statistics (possibly altered and/or biased) from the same people who created the game and need it to make profits.

SadisticDeath
10-22-2011, 08:01 PM
The Hammerburst can down you in 5 to 7 shots (as fast as your trigger finger can go).. The retro can down you almost instantly mid to short range, The lancer can do the same with active reload and has a endless clip.. What exactly do you want OP? For the rifles to be like CoD where they will you in 1 to 3 bullets?

HounDOOM
10-22-2011, 08:15 PM

My sides hurt

Tactical Veteran
10-22-2011, 08:56 PM
The Hammerburst can down you in 5 to 7 shots (as fast as your trigger finger can go).. The retro can down you almost instantly mid to short range, The lancer can do the same with active reload and has a endless clip.. What exactly do you want OP? For the rifles to be like CoD where they will you in 1 to 3 bullets?Untrue. Hammerburst, while the strongest of the rifles, it takes 8 shots to down an enemy. It's also the rifle you need to be the most accurate with all while tapping the trigger. The retro lancer only downs [somewhat] that effectively at shotgun range; it's very imprecise. As for the lancer, it's not even close to being as strong as you claim, expecially for the effort it takes the user to aim and earn kills with it compaired to shotguns. As for the Call of Duty flame; it's not even worth commenting on something that's been used again and again. Try to know what you are talking about more before challenging something.

FishManxxx420
10-22-2011, 08:57 PM
Every post is you ranting on a soap box with tears streaming down your face. I don't know what game you're playing, but it's certainly not GoW3. Every match I'm in for the most part the rifles and shot guns are used in quite a variety. There very few people that pre active their shotguns or weapons period these days. I think what a lot of people are failing to realize (the whiners that is) is that there is considerable less lag than in the past games so the rifles are more accurate than they used to be. I'm not saying I don't get frustrated, but when I do I go to another game mode until I find one I have fun at.

CharlieSpleen
10-22-2011, 09:13 PM
Yo I heard they got this game called Battlefield 3 coming out soon, maybe you should check it out.

Honestly though anyone who thinks the Gears 3 rifles are under-powered is either a quadriplegic, takes a cocktail of crazy drugs, or both.

Master.F
10-22-2011, 09:16 PM
but people like running around with the shotgun and gibbing people

rod... seriously just give us what we want... trying to force tactial play will only try to force us away.... anyway am off to play bf3 :)

Jerzeeboii
10-22-2011, 09:17 PM
Retro > both shot guns...so I don't understand what you mean by, "rifles are no real threat".

Drillbit Jailor
10-22-2011, 09:19 PM

Red River? WHOAWHOAWHOA! Not Red River, Dragon Rising bro! Dragon Rising, the previous installment,was a lot better. Red River was more so a step backwards.

ON TOPIC: Some weapons need a Overhaul, one being the Lancer and Gnasher. Sorry guys, but the Lancer's Bottomless clip and the Gnasher's huge range doesn't cut it.

RaZzty_returns
10-22-2011, 09:21 PM
lol first off they said that the guy said it wrong. it was first 3 weeks of the game. plus why the hell would someone bring in stats of the first 3days.? also if the rifles are weak you are most def using them wrong, you should use them for their given purpose . the lancer is a support weapon and shouldnt be used in cqc (even tho I have no probs against an average gnasher user up close w it tho.) it seems like gears isnt the game for you tbh because of the complaints that you have. and btw tactical does not mean just using cover and the shotty is in fact a tactical weapon. (hence the term tactical shotgun).

Tactical Veteran
10-22-2011, 09:45 PM
The video clearly states that the statistics are from the first couple days after release, not weeks. And don't make me get video evidence that the lancer this time around is NOT the strongest of any of the games, among get evidence for everything else stated. You guys can't be this stupid, ignorant, and arrogant, can you? Sorry, for my language!

;)