PDA

View Full Version : 'Socialite' Achievement

Ganondorf666
09-26-2011, 07:08 AM
Hey all,

I have seen that some people have this achievement. How is this possible already, I thought it was a case of playing ranked matches online, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Can anyone tell me as to why people have this achievement already?

Thanks

Ryan

EvrythingUndone
09-26-2011, 07:11 AM
Hacker boosted their gamerscore, that is the only way to get it so far.

MightyPeter
09-26-2011, 07:24 AM
Hacker boosted their gamerscore, that is the only way to get it so far.

There was a bug earlier on where every match counted as an event, so don't jump to conclusions...

VaultBoy
09-26-2011, 07:44 AM
Yeah, a lot of people who got the game at midnight got the achievement because of the issue that was fixed the next day.

Kissker
09-26-2011, 07:55 AM
That's exactly how it was done - not the 'hacker' conclusions.

Idiots.. seriously. If they hacked it - don't you think they'd be 0'd out by now? Be a VERY easy one to spot and ban for.

Glitch/Bug in the release, those who got it get a 50/50 mix of good and bad, gives them nothing to look forward too, but let's them play without time constraints.

Killateral DMG
09-26-2011, 11:06 AM
That's exactly how it was done - not the 'hacker' conclusions.

Idiots.. seriously. If they hacked it - don't you think they'd be 0'd out by now? Be a VERY easy one to spot and ban for.

Glitch/Bug in the release, those who got it get a 50/50 mix of good and bad, gives them nothing to look forward too, but let's them play without time constraints. They don't 0 you instantly. They due a full investigation before actions are taken. My gamerscore wasn't reset until 10 months after I modded stuff.

AHal
09-26-2011, 02:15 PM
There was no hacks. When the game launched for the first several hours every game played was counting towards "War Supporter" - so if you played 30 games before it was fixed, you would Onyx that medal and get the achievement. It was not any of the players' fault.

Cheers

VintageBullet
09-26-2011, 06:47 PM
I got it during the week of the launch, out of nowhere I was playing a round and it said 4/?? whatever socialite then after a few more matches it randomly said 8/??? and unlocked the gold cog. It wasn't during the midnight release either it was probably like Friday or Saturday. Epic might want keep looking into this because it apparently isn't fixed. I was playing Capture the Leader and Beast Mode when it happened.

AHal
09-26-2011, 06:55 PM
I got it during the week of the launch, out of nowhere I was playing a round and it said 4/?? whatever socialite then after a few more matches it randomly said 8/??? and unlocked the gold cog. It wasn't during the midnight release either it was probably like Friday or Saturday. Epic might want keep looking into this because it apparently isn't fixed. I was playing Capture the Leader and Beast Mode when it happened.

Yes, a few days ago it happened very briefly for about an hour or so, but was quickly fixed. I believe it was when there was a server hiccup.

VintageBullet
09-26-2011, 07:43 PM
Ok, glad it is fixed. Still going to be going for the Onyx, Ticker Tuesday is the first event :D

HepatitisQ
09-26-2011, 07:49 PM
Ok, glad it is fixed. Still going to be going for the Onyx, Ticker Tuesday is the first event :D
Naa, that's on the 18th. On the weekend of the 7th is Big Head Mode so I'm guessing that counts as one.

AHal
09-26-2011, 07:51 PM
Naa, that's on the 18th. On the weekend of the 7th is Big Head Mode so I'm guessing that counts as one.

Any event that is posted on the event calendar will count. So just look whatever dates are there and it'll count as playing in an event if you participate :)