PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler So have I got this right?....

lambie
09-22-2011, 12:00 PM
First of all I LOVED this game! One of the best campaign's I've played in a game full stop! But I want to make sure I've understood the entire ending, because it was sometimes hard to focus with Marcus constantly cutting Adam off whenever he tried to give answers (of course he would have to, it's a warzone, but dammit I wanted answers! :P)

What I got from it all was this:

The locust have always lived underground, amongst the Imulsion. The Imulsion started having a fairly negative effect on them over time (Lambent) and they needed a solution. Myrrah somehow knew of Adam Fenix (?) and went to him for help. After years and years of research and efforts on Adam's part, Myrrah got a bit pissy and decided to just kill humans, out of sheer rage and annoyance I guess. Therefore Adam knew E-Day was coming because Myrrah probably said something like "make this right or I kill everyone" - If that's the case then the humans clearly didn't "bring this war upon itself", but I could be wrong. Prescott must've found out at the critical stage and rounded up every good scientist on Sera (Azura) to get the work done faster but to no avail. Then obviously Adam discovers the Imulsion is alive and needs to be killed. Imulsion gets wiped out, takes out all the Lambent and all the Locust (cos they have a hugely prolonged strain running through them). Strange though that Myrrah wasn't effected - human? Anyway, did I miss anything out? Obvious or not?

Speaking of Myrrah, how come after Prescott mentions her name for the first time it somehow becomes common knowledge to everyone who wasn't even there to hear him reveal it?

I've only read Aspho Fields and Jacinto's Remnant, so there's more for me to find out via books, but as far as this game's concerned, have I got it all?

Optimus Healey
09-22-2011, 12:05 PM
im not sure if prescott ever knew her and he didnt know about the grubs until e-day the scientists werent taked until a few years after e-day but the rest seems sound

RiseoftheFenix
09-22-2011, 01:20 PM
From what I took from the campaign, and what Adam said at the end....The Locust were pretty much forced out of their homes and to the surface by the spread of the lambent. The Queen was probably pressing Adam Fenix to come up with a solution, because she knew it was going to come to desperation soon. The Locust knew the humans wouldnt give up their homes without a fight, so they started wiping out humanity. They obviously werent doing it just for fun. I think the fact that they built huge bases (Act 2 I think it was?) is testament to that they needed to relocate.

Sucks for humans on Sera, but I honestly think the Locust wouldve stayed below if the Lambent hadnt driven them out.

Zaulik
09-22-2011, 01:45 PM
From what I took from the campaign, and what Adam said at the end....The Locust were pretty much forced out of their homes and to the surface by the spread of the lambent. The Queen was probably pressing Adam Fenix to come up with a solution, because she knew it was going to come to desperation soon. The Locust knew the humans wouldnt give up their homes without a fight, so they started wiping out humanity. They obviously werent doing it just for fun. I think the fact that they built huge bases (Act 2 I think it was?) is testament to that they needed to relocate.

Sucks for humans on Sera, but I honestly think the Locust wouldve stayed below if the Lambent hadnt driven them out.

QFT! The lambent and locust fought for quite some time. The queen new the humans wouldn't let the locust share the surface, so she took it by force.

E.M
09-22-2011, 05:41 PM
It's the humans fault because they were too stupid to realize the imulsion was a living thing and using it as a resource just spread it and made it develop that much faster, resulting in more stronger lambent attacking the locust, giving them no choice but to take the surface. Prescott rallied all the scientists after (I assume) Adam was crushed by the rocks, because Adam told him what he was up to and that he needed help to figure out how to help the locust so he put them in a top secret government place and hid it away while they worked to help (basically) save the planet, and stop them from attacking.